PDA

View Full Version : Ski bag issues

Smolck
01-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I feel like a total hoser posting this, but it is driving me nuts. I am not an idiot, in fact, I converted my last E46 from auto to manual in 2 days working by myself so I am capable, but alas, this has me baffled.

When I drive if I jump on the brakes my stupid center console in the rear falls down and so does the ski bag. No matter how I put it back up it always falls. There is a little hole in the middle with a release and a latch, but the latch doesn't go in the hole all the way. And the little hinge at the bottom seems to make it easier for this to happen. No matter what I do, it always falls. I have fold down seats if that makes a difference. Does this make sense to any of you? Is there a fix besides glue? Can I just remove the thing. I live where it never snows and mountains aren't anywhere around me. Besides, if I HAD something large like ski's, I;d just lower the fold down seats, DUH!

Help!

danewilson77
01-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Ha. This is a huge problem. Not just you. Search over at E46f.c for thread upon thread on this.

Then post up what you did to fix it. ;)

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Smolck
01-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Ha. This is a huge problem. Not just you. Search over at E46f.c for thread upon thread on this.

Then post up what you did to fix it. ;)

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Didn't think about checking over there. Searched here and found very little. Will do.

ryankokesh
01-12-2012, 09:31 PM
I bought some sticky velcro from a craft store and velcroed it shut. Kinda ghetto, but it works for me.

zj96sc
01-13-2012, 05:01 AM
You can also try treating your leather and seeing if that holds your armrest up. I'm pretty sure I'd have to drive into a wall at 45 to make my armrest come down.

danewilson77
01-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Didn't think about checking over there. Searched here and found very little. Will do.

I looked back over there for about an hour last night and couldn't find the links I saw previously. I will keep an eye out.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Smolck
01-13-2012, 06:42 AM
I looked back over there for about an hour last night and couldn't find the links I saw previously. I will keep an eye out.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Thanks! I found a few threads about it. I may try and just remove the ski pass cassette. Couple threads about that.

telijah
01-13-2012, 09:23 AM
You can also try treating your leather and seeing if that holds your armrest up. I'm pretty sure I'd have to drive into a wall at 45 to make my armrest come down.

Same with mine. I don't have a ski bag, but my armrest in the rear never comes down on it's own.

Smolck
01-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Did a leather treatment today and it still falls down.

danewilson77
01-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Did a leather treatment today and it still falls down.

Ugh.

What happens if you fasten rear driver side seat belt into passenger side buckle and vice versa? Will it hold it shut?

I know that's not exactly fixing it but... May drive you crazy, less... Until we figure it out.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Smolck
01-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Ugh.

What happens if you fasten rear driver side seat belt into passenger side buckle and vice versa? Will it hold it shut?

I know that's not exactly fixing it but... May drive you crazy, less... Until we figure it out.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

For now I am cool with the console being down, it doesn't bother me as I am usually the only one in the car. What DOES bother me is the dang ski pass still comes crashing down from time to time. Scares the piss out of me as it usually happens under hard braking.

I like the seat belt idea, gonna try that. Thanks!

danewilson77
01-14-2012, 04:36 PM
For now I am cool with the console being down, it doesn't bother me as I am usually the only one in the car. What DOES bother me is the dang ski pass still comes crashing down from time to time. Scares the piss out of me as it usually happens under hard braking.

I like the seat belt idea, gonna try that. Thanks!

Cool. Lemme know how that works out. I don't think it will look bad either.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Smolck
01-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Cool. Lemme know how that works out. I don't think it will look bad either.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Dane,

Just wanted to let you know I used the seatbelt for the middle (has a shoulder belt on my car) and it has worked great thus far. Didn't get to drive the car much today, I found a nasty gash in the sidewall of one of my rear tires (dang pothole!).

danewilson77
01-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Dane,

Just wanted to let you know I used the seatbelt for the middle (has a shoulder belt on my car) and it has worked great thus far. Didn't get to drive the car much today, I found a nasty gash in the sidewall of one of my rear tires (dang pothole!).

Glad to help with ideas.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT