PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Looking for a ZHP

Token
01-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I joined the site last spring and introduced myself but have been fairly inactive (besides continuing to lurk) since, so i hope its cool that i'm posting here. This was my intro: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3071-New-guy-from-CA

Anyways, i'm finally ready to buy a zhp, after wanting one forever. I've been searching craigslist, cars.com, autotrader, and ebay religiously, but haven't found what i'm looking for yet. So I thought I would try posting here too.

Year(s):Any but 04, 05 preferred
Budget: under $16k unless exceptionally low miles
Desired location of vehicle: Anywhere in CA. would consider cars out of state on the west coast. I live in San Luis Obispo so the bay area and LA are fairly close.
Desired Mileage: preferably under 80k but i'm flexible with price
Transmission type: Manual only
Desired number of Doors: 4, sedan only
Desired Color combos: any
Desired Packages: cold weather, but again flexible for the right car
Funds lined up? yep
Have a car you need to sell first? nope

Also, this probably isn't the right place to ask this but did anyone consider an Audi b6 S4? I'm almost 100% set on the zhp, but the s4 has always been on the back of my mind and I could use the AWD so i dont have to trade cars to go to the snow. i'm a sucker for V8's, beside gas millage :/

You guys have great community here. Thanks for reading!

UdubBadger
01-25-2012, 04:33 AM
I considered a B7 because AWD is nice here in the midwest winters (usually). I heard the B6's were still on the cusp of being problem ridden and had some reliability issues. Even the B7's I drove I wasn't sure about (a few 07-08's with 40-65k and at or around $20k).

I honestly can say I'm more comfortable and confident driving a RWD BMW with snow tires in the winter than I would be a Chevy Cobalt loaner from Enterprise because my AWD Audi was in the shop so often. ;)

In all seriousness the Audi's are nice but I wouldn't feel comfortable driving one over 5-6 yrs old without either knowing how to fix them myself or some crazy low mileage and warranty attached to them.

On a different not, don't expect the same performance out of the box between an A4 and ZHP. The numbers are a lot closer on paper than they are on the asphalt.

Hermes
01-25-2012, 04:50 AM
B7? Hell yeah!

http://www.bmwcoop.com/wp-content/images/2009/03/bmw-alpina-b7-official-picture.jpg

oh wait... you mean an Audi. If you want AWD I would try to find an old school Quattro

http://www.carautoportal.com/car-images/audi/audi-quattro/audi-quattro.jpg

I would seriously entertain the idea of purchasing the Quattro concept if it went into full production

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_site/storage_RT_NEW/storage/images/tests/draft-content/audi-quattro-concept/2297579-1-eng-US/audi-quattro-concept.jpg

cakM3
01-25-2012, 04:53 AM
JP,

Make that two :) I really love the look of the Quattro concept...would make a wonderful companion to my ///M and ZHP :thumbsup

danewilson77
01-25-2012, 05:51 AM
Welcome back.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

GMATT
01-25-2012, 07:24 AM
what..umm sorry, just :drool over the BMW B7. I have actually seen one in person! We have someone in my area who goes to the local supermarket and parks it like a Hundai (no offense if your rocking a Hundai!)

Nice car!

Token
01-25-2012, 08:14 PM
I honestly can say I'm more comfortable and confident driving a RWD BMW with snow tires in the winter than I would be a Chevy Cobalt loaner from Enterprise because my AWD Audi was in the shop so often. ;)

ya its just that California chain law sucks. Basically u can have AWD/4WD with any tire that has an m+s rating and you can get through chain control. Everyone else has to put on chains. They don't even let studded snow tires pass in lieu of chains. kinda funny how an AWD Mercedes or BMW SUV with super wide ultra high performance all seasons can pass chain control but a FWD/RWD anything with studded snow tires has to put on chains.

UdubBadger
01-25-2012, 08:31 PM
ah well if you live in that part of cali it's a totally different story which I understand.

bogus laws though...

Hermes
01-26-2012, 01:27 AM
ah well if you live in that part of cali it's a totally different story which I understand.

bogus laws though...

Most CA drivers = don't have any clue how to drive in snow (or even rain for that matter).

I'm not saying all, but you'd be surprised how many accidents you hear about the first day it rains each year. It's just a practicality thing in the minds of the lawmakers