PDA

View Full Version : Members of other forums??

Johnny330zhp
02-01-2012, 02:54 PM
As some of you may know I'm new to forums, always herd about them but most of the time brushed it off my shoulder. My brother is part of the dodge SRT-4 forum and tells me nothing about good things when it comes to buying/selling parts all around questions and what not. So with that being said I joined BMW mafia, first due to the fact they weren't taking new members here, however now that I'm a member here I find it hard to keep up with 2 forums much less one.

So my question is are most of you members at other forums? Do you check every thread at every forum on a regular basis? and do you favorite one more then others? Should I join other forums? If so what are good ones to join? Is there a certain energy that comes with the Forum that might be totally different with another one?

Any advice is appreciated.

az3579
02-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Personally I stopped bothering with other forums. They all seem to have been infested with kids.

And by kids, I don't mean age-wise.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

johnrando
02-01-2012, 03:58 PM
zhpmafia is by far the best if you ask me. As far as E46 BMW forums, I also frequent e46fanatics.com. Once in a blue moon I've visited the E46 sections on bimmerforums.com, and bimmerfest.com (recently I've picked up my activity a little on those two). A ton of BS, online bickering, etc. on some of those other forums, but still good information if you don't mind parsing through the waste. That's another thing that separates the family.

For me, the classifieds on e46f.c is a good place to frequent to pick up things, the sponsors section to look for deals, and the VERT section for vert specific things, the regional California forum for stuff, THEN the main E46 section.

Sockethead
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I was on bimmerforums for years... stopped for about a year then around this time last year got back on there and it was completely different.. didn't seem like it was really about cars anymore. After I joned here, I never post there, my last post was probably a year ago. I still go there ocasionally for reference but that's abourt it. Everything I need is on this site.

M0nk3y
02-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Bimmerforums
Zpost
Ohiobimmers

Do you guys hate me that I'm a forum whore?

Sent using satellite technology

Hornung418
02-01-2012, 04:22 PM
BF.c took my forum virginity...
e46f
ZHPMafia
r3vlimited
2002faq

I only post when I'm interested in things. e46f has a huge F/I and Engine building section so I ask all my power gaining questions there.

Ryans323i
02-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I used to be very active on Bimmerfest.com, after my DIY'd paint job I got a lot of negative "energy" so I stopped and concentrated on local based forums a bit more. I was then convinced by a local ZHP owner (Mtnman, aka David) that I should join ZHPMafia.com and that there was a harmonious vibe and "no hate" allowed. Once I joined I felt I was among my piers, no age wise but enthusiast and respectful wise. This is by far the best forum I've ever been a part of.

Like others have said, other forums are good to browse the classifieds, especially e46fanatics.com IMO. (just watch people's post count. don't buy from someone who doesn't have 100 posts minimum.) You'll also find more DIY's on the other forums, but I just google what I want and that's how I end up on the different forums.

cakM3
02-01-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm also a member of several forums but tend to frequent ZHP Mafia the most. For my ///M specific topics, I go to M3Forum.net... lots of good info for my ///M there. For my ZHP I find this forum the best. Everyone have been so helpful and positive here.

On other forums, like John mentioned, you will se some bickering and negative comments towards other forum members...even childish behavior, but not here. The mods do a great job here and I have seen that pretty much everyone here police each other.

I will add that you can find some good info from other forums, which is why I still go to them. As for running with forum names, ZHPMafia is the only one I run with :thumbsup The other forum name has been recently "deleted" :)

bimmeryota
02-01-2012, 05:39 PM
I joined E46F when I got my 330i in 2006 but got tired of some of the antics I was witnessing. I think it's still a good place to reference since there's so much info on there on all E46s. Then on bimmerfest, good but very broad base for what I was looking for and still visit from time to time...

I don't have a ZHP but Marcus encouraged me to join and I've been in the mafia ever since. I enjoy the interactions here and feel welcome even with my little ZSP:)

For my other vehicle, the toyota 4x4 truck, I go to yotatech.com and those guys over there were a huge help when I tackled my motor swap. Not a whole lot of childish behavior over there and is great for non-landcruiser owners. I'm thinking of getting one of those and have started looking on Ih8mud.com since one of my friends has a build of a 74 FJ40 on there I'm keeping tabs on.

It seems to me the difference in the forums is how the moderators control the content, which is something that is done here very well. It's just like a business, the tone and culture comes from the top and you notice it right away when you read how people are treating each other on there.

spencers
02-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Bf.c
E46f
R3v
Bfest
M3forum

Various Mac forums (macrumors FTW). Couple PC forums (hardocp FTW!)

Zhpmafia is the only forum that I'm genuinely interested in reading each thread. It's not full of idiots or useless posts.

I have to read every post in the e46 section of BF.C because I'm a moderator. Having that responsibility and attempting to remain neutral is extremely hard. The misinformation and useless posts there is absurd. I swear half are just trolling or just plain dumb...

iZHP
02-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Zhpmafia
e46f (never there anymore)
Jeepforum
Macrumors

HokieZHP
02-01-2012, 06:15 PM
ZHPMafia
e46f
bimmerforums

and RC-related forums:
unlimitedengineering
RCtech
traxxas
rcmonster
rcuniverse

I browse ZHPM and e46f regularly and only use the others if I'm looking to buy something.

e3thekid
02-01-2012, 06:42 PM
bf.c
zhpmafia.com

I 've been thinking of signing up at e46f.c but idk. i signed up at zhpmafia and bf.c at the same time and have way more posts over there. im in the transition of coming here though since it is awesome. haha my post count is very low! have to get on it.

danewilson77
02-01-2012, 06:51 PM
bf.c
zhpmafia.com

I 've been thinking of signing up at e46f.c but idk. i signed up at zhpmafia and bf.c at the same time and have way more posts over there. im in the transition of coming here though since it is awesome. haha my post count is very low! have to get on it.

Post count isn't a big deal here... And shouldn't be anywhere else. Focus on helping, learning, and becoming tight with us.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Oli77
02-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Bf.com but i dont go there anymore. Mafia is best for tightness and personalized therapy (for the car or the mind).

das boots
02-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Like others, I am also member to several forums. And I mean, several. But I have more centered on this site, S14.net, and visit to lurk e46F. But would visit sometimes on E39 Roadfly if I need some 'information.'

Johnny330zhp
02-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Wow! great information feed back on this thread, sounds to me that losing my (forum V card) here must have been the best choice (well tech at bmwmafia first) but that was only for about 48 hours. Yea I really like all the stuff I've learned so far in this short time I've been here at ZHPMafia. I think for now Ill just stay here for the car in my life

Might join a watch forum being I'm a watch collector, ya know its funny Im sure there a forum for every aspect of peoples lives. and to think this is still all new to me :)

Hermes
02-01-2012, 08:59 PM
i don't even know how many forums I'm a part of anymore...BMW forums I'm mainly on here but I do post on some of the other ones. Like it has been already mentioned the classified section on E46F is pretty good, the rest of the site is meh... As for non-car forums I'm all over the place.

Matt
02-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Admin on two motorcycle sites, 600rr.net and rc51forums.com. that alone keeps me pretty busy.

Bmwmafia
Bimmerforums
Cwscc (local car club)
Garage journal
Firehouse forum

Those are the ones I frequent

Sent from my fists using Tapatalk.

e3thekid
02-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Post count isn't a big deal here... And shouldn't be anywhere else. Focus on helping, learning, and becoming tight with us.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

hehe i know. i will most definitely do that, but i thought we was tight already bro? slowly transitioning...

danewilson77
02-02-2012, 02:56 AM
..... but i thought we was tight already bro?

Yes... We are...

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

zj96sc
02-02-2012, 07:29 AM
bmw:
zhpmafia
e46f
bimmerforums
bimmerfest
e30tech (e30 days)
r3vlimited (e30 days)
m3forum (when i thought i wanted an M)
bmwcoding (newest)

F-250:
thedieselgarage
superdutydiesel

Offroad:
jeepsunlimited
jeepforum
NAGCA
mallcrawlin
pirate4x4

General:
garagejournal
rccrawler

been varying degrees of active/lurker/MIA from any of the above since 1999. With smaller forums I try to keep up with the majority of the content, with the larger ones I cherry pick interesting things. Don't join some forums just because we tell you to - find communities that contain good information for topics you're interested in...and have fun!

nike001
02-02-2012, 08:23 AM
I'm a member of a few. I think I like this one the best though because of the environment.

Bf.c <--- being overrun by children
E46f <-- I see it as a high school locker room. But I frequent there for their wealth of information and for their classifieds section
bmwmafia <-- I lurk
zhpmafia <-- FTW
HIDplanet <-- Slow forum, so I mainly lurk. Answers to questions take too long... and can often be answered on any of the above forums much quicker

Whitexi
02-02-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm on fanatics and bfc but never post anymore. I am only here but hardly post here either. I have been insanely busy lately but I lurk a lot and post of no others have insite on a question etc. Or as I feel need to join the thread with a dumb comment lol.

It's nice and homie here so it's not like you will be outcasted.

jayjay_dee
02-02-2012, 08:45 AM
ZHPMafia.com
XOutpost.com
e46Fanatics.com

Used to be an active member of XOutpost.com, when I dont have my ZHP yet...

Taliben
02-02-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm on tennspeed, a local forum full of shenanigans and car stuff, as well as here, zilvia.net, and a couple others that I can't really remember right now. I do frequent the e46f.c classifieds though.

webster
02-02-2012, 08:50 AM
i've got like 10 posts on e46 fanatics. i found out about the ZHP thru there, which led me to google, which led me here. i haven't looked back. this site is all i need.

i do have a couple other forums i frequent but they are unrelated to cars.

UdubBadger
02-02-2012, 09:18 AM
this and e90post/1addicts.com (where I have about 30k posts). Sometimes I'll wander into POTN (canon forum) or FredMiranda.com for their buy/sell marketplace when I need photo stuff. E46F is a rarity for me but when I need to look stuff up I'll browse.

Au2bahn
02-02-2012, 10:44 AM
ZHPMafia - Majority of the time now.....
E46F - Started over there years ago but dont post as much anymore. Just lurk on technical topics.
6speedonline - Previous years when I had a 996TT Porsche. Mostly just lurking now.
Pelicanparts - In the past.....

Lately......been busy with work and post when I can on ZHPMafia.

gr330zhp
02-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Ive been on Bimmerforums for years, until ZHPMafia was created I was on there religiously too, spending hours on that site a day. :shifty I am also a member on E46fanatics, but never got too into that site. Now mostly ZHPMafia and BMWMafia whenever I get some time and Bimmerforums when I need to look something up for our other BMWs. I am a member on a couple Audi and vw forums, but they are dead or the people on there are ridiculously immature, unfortunately.

I am looking for a good Porsche forum though and may possibly join mbworld.com. Any suggestions? Starting to browse what I will be buying next for a car :biggrin

e3thekid
02-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Yes... We are...

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Awesome. Great to hear!

Meric
02-02-2012, 11:04 AM
ZHPMafia is my priorty.
I visit Bf.c to help others who needs help and stuff..

yura
02-02-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm a registered member on hundreds (if not thousands) of forums. Everything from cars & bikes, to IT, to gaming, and with a healthy mix of random in between. I can't count the number of times where I'd go to a "new" forum and try to register, only to see that my username has already been taken. At that point I figure "wtf? who would take THIS username?!" and try to login with one of my 3-4 common passwords - works every time. I literally don't register on 1/2 of the "new" forums I make my way to, I just login. You might say I've been on the web for a while...

I'm most active on the local bcsportbikes.com forum, and I'd say second most active here at ZHP Mafia. There are a few others I lurk on once a while, but don't post much.

Hermes
02-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I am looking for a good Porsche forum though and may possibly join mbworld.com. Any suggestions? Starting to browse what I will be buying next for a car :biggrin

Rennlist? I'm thinking of joining over there for info on the '71 911T project that we haven't started on yet. Luckily my best friends father in law restored one years ago and now that Greg has joined we are technically restoring two at the same time. I really don't need to join a forum but why not.

An opinion... save money, buy 918. So much fraking win in that car

danewilson77
02-02-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm a registered member on hundreds (if not thousands) of forums. Everything from cars &amp; bikes, to IT, to gaming, and with a healthy mix of random in between. I can't count the number of times where I'd go to a "new" forum and try to register, only to see that my username has already been taken. At that point I figure "wtf? who would take THIS username?!" and try to login with one of my 3-4 common passwords - works every time. I literally don't register on 1/2 of the "new" forums I make my way to, I just login. You might say I've been on the web for a while...

I'm most active on the local bcsportbikes.com forum, and I'd say second most active here at ZHP Mafia. There are a few others I lurk on once a while, but don't post much.

^Multi-tasking genious^

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

UdubBadger
02-02-2012, 12:56 PM
oh yeah and 6speedonline when i want to :drool

BRGcoopahS
02-02-2012, 04:40 PM
north american motoring and this are the only two car forums I'm on. Other than that im on the pearl jam forums and mac rumors.