PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat hose popped off!

ryankokesh
02-18-2012, 12:48 PM
So i replaced my thermostat this morning.... And the the hose popped off! I was able to shut the car off before the needle got passed 1 o'clock, but how the heck did that happen? Is there a special trick to reattaching the thermostat hose? I drove for quite a bit before it popped...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hornung418
02-18-2012, 01:03 PM
You could have overfilled the ET.

iZHP
02-18-2012, 01:06 PM
What about one of those metal perforated ties?

ryankokesh
02-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I was thinking I may have overfilled it. After I bled it though and took it around the block the level was spot on...

I think I may invest in one of those ties...

:dunno

Hornung418
02-18-2012, 02:03 PM
You snapped it in place? Make sure you lube the inner o-ring with coolant. and really force it on there. It sounds like it may have jarred loose and then the added pressure of the system forced it off the Thermostat.

ryankokesh
02-18-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm hoping you're right. When I put it on this time I tried really hard to pull it off without undoing the clip and it wouldn't budge. The weird thing was the clip wasn't actually undone when it came off. Which means I must have put it back on when I put it all back together... Maybe I did a really crummy job of putting it back on? Ugh...

Mtnman
02-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Let's hope u put it back on without raising and setting the clip. If the clip never engaged, then it would pop off with the clip down. If u pulled on it and cldnt take it off, that's a good sign, ull be fine.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

ryankokesh
02-18-2012, 08:35 PM
So basically I'm banking on past me being a nincompoop. :)

I, for one, hope that's the case!