PDA

View Full Version : WTB - my third BMW 330 zhp (!) ... Sedan, low miles, manual - Los Angeles and beyond

ScottB
02-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Hey everyone, looking to replace my poor ill-fated zhp that was totaled a few days ago in a hit and run (no one hurt).

Nostalgic as I am, attached as I was, hoping to find exact replacement in my perfect world :) ... but open!

MUSTS:
Manual
Sedan
Low miles
Fair deal

WANTS:
Silver-grey ... maybe black
Super crazy low miles
Leather interior
Leather steering wheel
Cold weather package
Excellent cosmetic condition

I'm in Southern California but willing to fly and drive home anywhere in the US...

Thanks everybody!

UdubBadger
02-19-2012, 03:23 PM
seen a few going in San Diego and Bay area as of recently. Make sure you look into the classified section on here.

A few other tools I use

www.autotrader.com
www.cars.com
www.carmax.com
www.allofcraigs.com - a great resource because it looks over all markets of craigslist for you in 1 search.

with all of those you should be able to find what you're looking for.

ryankokesh
02-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Wow, never heard of allofcraigs before. Brilliant idea!

I unfortunately can't be of any help, but good luck on your search! Sorry for your loss too... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottB
02-19-2012, 09:42 PM
UdubBadger, thanks alot for those tips! And Ryan, thanks for the thought!
- Scott

echo46
02-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Good luck, sorry to hear about the hit and run.

Pip
02-20-2012, 07:41 AM
seen a few going in San Diego and Bay area as of recently. Make sure you look into the classified section on here.

A few other tools I use

www.autotrader.com
www.cars.com
www.carmax.com
www.allofcraigs.com - a great resource because it looks over all markets of craigslist for you in 1 search.

with all of those you should be able to find what you're looking for.

Add autotempest to the list. It does a search on quite a few websites based on the criteria you input up front. I've been using it in my search, but I seem to stick to cars.com, autotrader.com, and craigslist.com.

ScottB
02-20-2012, 09:13 AM
will do, thanks pip

zj96sc
02-20-2012, 11:20 AM
searchtempest does kind of do the same thing too, but autotempest (formerly hankshelper) is better for automotive. i found my first zhp here after almost a year of autotrader, and my second on bimmerforums.

i know people want what people want, but I would contend that you're making your life unnecessarily difficult by precluding higher mileage cars from your search. high miles does not automatically = beat. my first zhp was a 110k miler and it was absolute mint, but largely because it was a BMWCCA member 1 owner mike miller OSM maintained cherry. they are out there, and could really broaden your options.......just my 0.02.

happy hunting.

BRGcoopahS
02-20-2012, 02:44 PM
I just tried autotempest and found carsdirect.com. Wow, that has to be the worst car classifieds website i've ever been to. You cant even specify between different 3 series or what transmission you prefer.

ScottB
02-21-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm gonna keep that in mind.... thanks!

searchtempest does kind of do the same thing too, but autotempest (formerly hankshelper) is better for automotive. i found my first zhp here after almost a year of autotrader, and my second on bimmerforums.

i know people want what people want, but I would contend that you're making your life unnecessarily difficult by precluding higher mileage cars from your search. high miles does not automatically = beat. my first zhp was a 110k miler and it was absolute mint, but largely because it was a BMWCCA member 1 owner mike miller OSM maintained cherry. they are out there, and could really broaden your options.......just my 0.02.

happy hunting.