PDA

View Full Version : DRL's Off And What Else?

mLuMaN83
03-10-2012, 08:00 PM
So I will be getting my angel eyes pretty soon and need to have the DRL's turned off at the dealer and I hear that it's a $40 one time charge to use the device for reprograming and not "per programing" price. If this is correct, I would like to get some suggestions on things I can have them do since I am paying for it? I thought of "windows up with lock button" already. Anything else? Or is this $40 price tag on multiple programing incorrect?

iZHP
03-10-2012, 08:53 PM
They won't be able to do Comfort Close. They most likely don't use NCS Expert.

I would also do the locking confirmation (flash when lock and clown nose blink)
Auto lock after 1 minute of accidental unlock.

derbo
03-10-2012, 10:26 PM
you can also do autolock when driving off. That is nice when you forget to lock your car while driving.

Take a look at this http://www.tmk.com/transient/090398MemoryOptions.pdf

mLuMaN83
03-10-2012, 11:04 PM
you can also do autolock when driving off. That is nice when you forget to lock your car while driving.

Take a look at this http://www.tmk.com/transient/090398MemoryOptions.pdf

My car already auto locks when I drive off. :thumbup

Thanks for the code sheet info!

2kBMW3Series
03-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Fabulous list.

Almost makes me wanna go to the dealer this week and demand most of the stuff on there. Lol

derbo
03-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Make sure you remind them about the stuff you already have. I lost my auto lock and they left DRLs on when I got reprogrammed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newjack
03-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Just an FYI, I went through the hoops trying to get my DRL's turned off last summer. It takes about maybe 5 minutes if you have the right equipment.

So I go into the dealer and ask them if they can just turn them off for me. They tell me that it will take an hour, and that it will cost $130. I tried to explain to the guy that "I know what the process is for this, it only takes a couple minutes and isn't that big of a deal". He told me "I know what I know and you know what you know".

I would highly recommend that you find someone on the forums to code your car for you. They will do it for much cheaper. (I had my car coded at bimmerfest by a member here and he wasn't charging anything, I made sure to tip him well for the time and money he saved me though.)

Anyway, if you do get your car coded, I had my fogs programmed to stay on even during high beam use, turn signal lights turned off when headlights are on as well as running light mode. I should have gotten euro pulse hazard lights (because they look cooler).

llll1l1ll
03-12-2012, 03:33 AM
Euro pulse hazards are awesome.

RITmusic2k
03-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Custom reverse mirror positioning is one of my favorite adjustments. Highly recommended.

jayjay_dee
03-12-2012, 09:55 AM
or if you're coming to the Mafia family sig-fest, maybe Botond can hook you up for free, like what he did to my ZHP...

aurelius
03-12-2012, 10:00 AM
DME update, if yours needs it.

dyintorace
03-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Just an FYI, I went through the hoops trying to get my DRL's turned off last summer. It takes about maybe 5 minutes if you have the right equipment.

So I go into the dealer and ask them if they can just turn them off for me. They tell me that it will take an hour, and that it will cost $130. I tried to explain to the guy that "I know what the process is for this, it only takes a couple minutes and isn't that big of a deal". He told me "I know what I know and you know what you know".

I would highly recommend that you find someone on the forums to code your car for you. They will do it for much cheaper. (I had my car coded at bimmerfest by a member here and he wasn't charging anything, I made sure to tip him well for the time and money he saved me though.)

Anyway, if you do get your car coded, I had my fogs programmed to stay on even during high beam use, turn signal lights turned off when headlights are on as well as running light mode. I should have gotten euro pulse hazard lights (because they look cooler).

So I just paid the dealer $124 to do some of this for me (DRLs and autolock both turned off). They also turned off my door lock flash/clown nose blink, which was not what I asked for, so I'm headed back to politely ask them to reverse that change. That said, I had no idea there are so many other options! That list is incredible. Is there anyone on the forum who has the ability to make changes somewhere in north/central Florida?

danewilson77
03-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Mmmm....there will be someone in VA, in May....that can do the changes.

dyintorace
03-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Mmmm....there will be someone in VA, in May....that can do the changes.

Unfortunately I won't be there. :(

az3579
03-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Unfortunately I won't be there. :(

Perhaps that should change. I'd be disappointed if I can't hook you up because you're not there. Hint hint

:)

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

danewilson77
03-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Perhaps that should change. I'd be disappointed if I can't hook you up because you're not there. Hint hint

:)

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

Drives a tough bargain^

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

dyintorace
03-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Almost sounds ominous! :shifty :)

johnrando
03-14-2012, 05:41 PM
It IS the mafia, after all. :mwah