PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT Imola Red/Black 64k miles - $18,500

brkf
03-30-2012, 06:57 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=92124&endYear=2005&modelCode1=330I&showcaseOwnerId=568999&startYear=2005&makeCode1=BMW&searchRadius=25&listingId=311161134&Log=0

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/2913341448.html

6MT
Xenons
Moonroof
Alcantara
Vin: WBAEV53465KM08112

They raised the price on this car since last weekend... weird. It's now 18,900.

brkf
03-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Will go check it out tomorrow. Carfax seems okay. It sold as a Certified BMW a couple years ago in San Diego. Owner didn't put many miles on it.

brkf
03-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Looked at it:
Very pretty in person.
Some rock chips on the fenders.
Slight scratch on passenger lower door panel. Spotted another longish scratch on the back driver's side lower quarter panel.

Steering wheel is very worn and alcantara is pretty much gone.
Scratches on the ashtray cover
M knob is bubbled and boot is very worn
Armrest "leather" is worn through.
Alcantara was definitely worn in places (how hard is it to get that stuff replaced with leather? - would prefer saddle over that cheesey black alcantara)
Has ZKW xenons (covers)

Car drove nicely but maybe pulled a bit to the right. Smooth ride, shocks/struts felt right. Clutch had easy/strong pickup.
Not an engine guy but it was clean and belts all seemed to be in good shape.
Radio/HVAC worked.
Trunk smelled of crayons but and carpeting was kind of warped on edges.
Tires are worn - rears are getting replaced by them this week. Fronts do not have much life left on 'em.

Is it true when the car is off the door unlock button does not work? Couldn't remember if this was the case with my 2003.

Thinking of having a mechanic look at it but they insisted only a BMW dealership look. Found this odd. In my experience dealers over-estimate repairs needed. Still strongly considering.

I'm looking for the big ticket items - shocks/struts, control arms, brakes, water pump, belts/pulleys. Anything else?

SoarinZHP
03-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Another Imola sedan. Yummy!

I paid the same for mine... Seems a little rich given the fact it the wheel is worn, some of the Alcantara worn. Tires worn.

Negotiating power.

Good luck!!!

brkf
03-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Another Imola sedan. Yummy!

I paid the same for mine... Seems a little rich given the fact it the wheel is worn, some of the Alcantara worn. Tires worn.

Negotiating power.

Good luck!!!

The dealer they want to look at the car is the same crew that's handled by previous 3 BMWs while in warranty, so I'm fine with it. Plus it's actually easier than getting it to the mechanic I want to use for repairing the car.

The red really is pretty. Not sure I'm a red car guy but dang...so pretty.

SoarinZHP
03-31-2012, 05:52 PM
I love having a red car. My 86 Prelude was red. I forgot how much fun it is. I also forgot how red is a 'high maintenance' color... Once it's cleaned up and properly cared for... Mmmmmm. Good.

Disadvantage to me is feeling watched by police. In my suburban town, the police officers watch me drive by and/or follow me out of the neighborhood at 4:00am on the way to work.

It's been almost a year and they've mellowed out. Either that or I'm used to it or not self conscious about it anymore... Who knows... All I know is I drive the speed limit now-a-days...

brkf
04-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Wife asked me why I can't wait to find one with a grey leather or natural brown leather interior. She was not impressed with the quality of the alcantara in that car. Guess this one is off the map for me. Shrug. She found a different one on craigslist with 104k miles...

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/2926573855.html

Ran the vin - had multiple owners quite recently which always makes me raise an eyebrow. Why ditch a car after 11 months?

Black leather though.

zhpnsnv
04-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Wait for YOUR interior. It'll be worth it.

SoarinZHP
04-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Yes.... When your car comes along there will be no doubt in your mind. It is meant to be yours.

brkf
04-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Wait for YOUR interior. It'll be worth it.

Yep, this is meant to be a toy I love so might as well wait for the toy I want.

snurfsup
04-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Yep, this is meant to be a toy I love so might as well wait for the toy I want.

A coworker of mine recently mentioned he was gonna be putting up his black 330i zhp for sale soon. I think it has around 50-60K, black leather and is a 6MT. Not sure what he is looking to get for it but he's local (SD). Not to mention the car is super clean. I could maybe put you in touch with him if interested. Let me know, just trying to help everyone out.

brkf
04-07-2012, 12:22 AM
A coworker of mine recently mentioned he was gonna be putting up his black 330i zhp for sale soon. I think it has around 50-60K, black leather and is a 6MT. Not sure what he is looking to get for it but he's local (SD). Not to mention the car is super clean. I could maybe put you in touch with him if interested. Let me know, just trying to help everyone out.

No thanks on black. Appreciate it though.