PDA

View Full Version : Wheels and Molding

Pip
04-28-2012, 08:23 AM
So I washed the ZHP yesterday since it finally stopped raining and I wanted to test some products.

Here are some pics of my wheels before washing, during, and after. They were extremely dirty an had no protection such as wheel wax.
iron x

It's not the miracle product without wheel wax or wheel grime is caked on but might be when you have protection.

Now for some orange sticky wheel cleaner from chemical guys (didn't want to waste the iron x):

What I didn't show was the agitation used after spraying on both products. I had to agitate the product after it had set for a minute in order for it to do anything.

All clean:

Took about 5-10 min per wheel. I used a household sponge for the spokes.

This shows the clean wheel up front and dirty in the back:

Fresh looking wheels:

Overall iron x is for DIRTY wheels otherwise it's a waste and the sticky orange wheel cleaner was nice but I need to try it diluted to see how well it works and if I could make it last a while. Take home message is wax or protect those wheels if you don't want to provide TLC every time you wash the car.

Molding and tires (VRT chemical guys):

I used the product on both the black molding and the tires. It works well and only a little is needed. It holds up for a couple weeks and every wash I do it again. It is not a miracle product but it has good results.

I need to edit this on my comp because I have pics showing before and after but they have my license plate in them right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danewilson77
04-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Looks great. Thanks for review.

After using many of these, I just think detail spray, and wipe, is best for me. I do it every couple of days. Takes about 10 minutes, total.

Sent from SIGFest 2012

nike001
04-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Definitely don't think you needed to use all of those products.

Sonax would have done it all by itself. Also, You don't really need to use as much Sonax as you did in yours pics. I typically spray 6-8 times on each wheel.

Pip
04-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Looks great. Thanks for review.

After using many of these, I just think detail spray, and wipe, is best for me. I do it every couple of days. Takes about 10 minutes, total.

Sent from SIGFest 2012

Detail spray and wipe will probably work great now that we are out of the winter here on the west coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk