PDA

View Full Version : What the EFF is with people!?!?

JupiterBMW
05-03-2012, 04:27 AM
As most of you know, I've been searching extremely extensively for the perfect ZHP. I've found a few that I really like and I've been contacting sellers, requesting more info, pics etc etc... But for some reason, I cannot get a call back. Do people advertise but not plan to sell their cars? What the heck! :foottap

A few days ago, I spoke to one guy about test driving and looking at his car (local owner!).Yesterday, I called him in the morning to nail down a time, but no answer, and no returned call... WTF!

And I've tried calling the Colorado guy a bunch of times. I even had Autotrader contact him direct about the car. He answered their call and said he apologized and would call me back on Monday (this was like 2 Mondays ago) but no call. Not even an email...

What the hell do I have to do!! I'm trying to pass out money, nobody wants it!

Ok, finished ranting...

Have a great day everyone! :biggrin

(BMW)
05-03-2012, 04:32 AM
passing out monies?? ill take some!

echo46
05-03-2012, 04:37 AM
I had the same problem when I was out hunting for my whip. I was patient and eventually people called back. I think people put these beasts up for sale the get tight when people start calling and they realize that they are actually going to have to part with it. I think their asses slam shut tight like a bank vault:)

328ioc
05-03-2012, 05:16 AM
Yeah I had the same issue. What one did you find that's local?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

johnrando
05-03-2012, 05:53 AM
I've had that happen before too. Sometimes, it's just not a high priority for people when they list it, crazy as that sounds. I know its frustrating. I'd jump at the chance to return a call if someone wanted to buy a car I was selling in this economy. As you said, "what the heck!"

Oli77
05-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Patience grass hopper.

JupiterBMW
05-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Haha, thanks for the replies. Usually I am very patient, but I mean c'mon!

As for the local car, its an 04, IR with black leather. I honestly don't love the black leather, or the red for that matter, but I'd like to at least test drive the car so I can see what I'm getting into. I'll go from there with the rest of it.

In other news, drove our '12 X3 last night for the first time. Wow, the N55 is a beautiful powerplant!! The paddle shifters are kind of fun too... :biggrin

NorCalZman
05-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Patience grass hopper.

haha, funny. I can relate. I know how hard it is. Honestly I wouldve loved to find a car with less than 88k on it but whatever....

I was wondering where you were Jon. I havent seen an update (until now). Glad to see you are still alive at least ;) I will keep an eye out for ZHPs

webster
05-03-2012, 09:48 AM
just be patient. nothing worse than pulling the trigger on a car and 2 weeks later seeing the perfectly optioned/color car you wanted all along for sale...

328ioc
05-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Haha, thanks for the replies. Usually I am very patient, but I mean c'mon!

As for the local car, its an 04, IR with black leather. I honestly don't love the black leather, or the red for that matter, but I'd like to at least test drive the car so I can see what I'm getting into. I'll go from there with the rest of it.

In other news, drove our '12 X3 last night for the first time. Wow, the N55 is a beautiful powerplant!! The paddle shifters are kind of fun too... :biggrin

I agree with what webster said, but also dont rule out the color just because of pictures. I didnt like IR at first until I saw it in person, I didnt really like Dakar Yellow either then I saw one of those in person and it was beautiful.

zj96sc
05-03-2012, 01:49 PM
In general I think people aren't very good at selling cars.

I don't get what's so difficult, in 2012, about putting together a for sale ad with a full technical rundown plus 50 pictures. Yet probably 9 out of 10 for sale ads end up like, "2005 BMW. email for pics." Slow clap for effort.

Hang in there - in my experience, sellers that communicate well usually end up being the honest and upfront people you want to buy cars from anyway.

JupiterBMW
05-03-2012, 01:55 PM

I don't get what's so difficult, in 2012, about putting together a for sale ad with a full technical rundown plus 50 pictures. Yet probably 9 out of 10 for sale ads end up like, "2005 BMW. email for pics." Slow clap for effort.

Hang in there - in my experience, sellers that communicate well usually end up being the honest and upfront people you want to buy cars from anyway.

Yes, I completely agree! I don't get what is SOOO hard about putting up clear, quality pics. I mean heck, I do better with my iPhone than most people do with regular cameras... Even if there aren't 50 pics, 5-10 would work for me...

I am being patient, but I'm just so anxious to get the car I want... I'm tired of my Altima, I want something a little classier. Heck, my wife got the brand new BMW, its my turn!

danewilson77
05-03-2012, 02:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTiJEYqqY8

das boots
05-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I would add my .02 on this.....aside from getting a hard time & the butterflies on parting with their vehicles, tseller do get a lot of calls and inquiries. Mostly likely...better offers from the other buyers. So, they are holding on with higher offers from their original sale price hoping to get more. So, they do not return calls hoping for the best or let's say better and higher offer.

yura
05-03-2012, 07:20 PM
I would add my .02 on this.....aside from getting a hard time & the butterflies on parting with their vehicles, tseller do get a lot of calls and inquiries. Mostly likely...better offers from the other buyers. So, they are holding on with higher offers from their original sale price hoping to get more. So, they do not return calls hoping for the best or let's say better and higher offer.

I disagree. Most of the sellers (and buyers!) on Craigslist/Kijiji/Autotrader, etc. are complete flakes and waste of air as far as I'm concerned.

I'd say at least 70% of the buyers that make appointments to either take a look at, or buy an item simply do not show up and do not call or email. People ask you to hold an item, make an appointment, swear on their first born that they will buy it and then you never heard from them again.

On the flip side, most of the time I contact a seller I'm ready to buy, cash in hand, and state so. I don't hear back from at least 50% of the ads. I had one guy respond to my "I've got cash and am ready to buy, send me your phone number please"-type message 1.5 months after my email. I mean, really?

People suck.

JupiterBMW
05-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I disagree. Most of the sellers (and buyers!) on Craigslist/Kijiji/Autotrader, etc. are complete flakes and waste of air as far as I'm concerned.

I'd say at least 70% of the buyers that make appointments to either take a look at, or buy an item simply do not show up and do not call or email. People ask you to hold an item, make an appointment, swear on their first born that they will buy it and then you never heard from them again.

On the flip side, most of the time I contact a seller I'm ready to buy, cash in hand, and state so. I don't hear back from at least 50% of the ads. I had one guy respond to my "I've got cash and am ready to buy, send me your phone number please"-type message 1.5 months after my email. I mean, really?

People suck.

Seriously...

I typically call instead of email because it shows that I'm serious and looking to directly communicate. I always leave a voicemail if I don't get someone on the phone, and I always state my name, my interest, the fact that I'm looking to BUY not just look, and my number. I speak well and use correct grammar. I don't get why people wouldn't call back... Its ridiculous...

Again, today I called on two more cars, no returned calls... But, after texting a 3rd guy, he replied and told me to call tomorrow for a test drive. Sounds great. I will post later to see how it goes!

das boots
05-04-2012, 06:08 AM

People suck.

I was referring to the sellers side. You were pointing from the buyers side. Two different point of views.

Ryans323i
05-04-2012, 06:16 AM
It's just fate. You're supposed to buy Adam's ZHP.

Nivo
05-04-2012, 07:07 AM
I went through the same thing, even got turned down a few times from buying their cars! lol
I had a dealership deal gone bad and others flake on me. But eventually picked up a nice one. Took me since February to get one.

JupiterBMW
05-05-2012, 03:28 AM
It's just fate. You're supposed to buy Adam's ZHP.

Definitely entertaining the option!

328ioc
05-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Jupiter. Any luck with that test drive?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2