PDA

View Full Version : ZHPMafia Meet 2013

danewilson77
05-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Just an initial thread to see what everyones thoughts are on the dates of the meet. Would it be better to have had it Memorial Day?

Share your thoughts. Thanks

Marcus-SanDiego
05-15-2012, 07:56 AM
I don't think that Memorial Day would work. I likely wouldn't go on that holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnrando
05-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Mem day seems like it would be tough because the cost of travel would go up. Also, have to imagine a percentage of people typically have family plans that weekend.

M3TA5IN
05-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Any dates work for me! I really cant say for sure that far out as sometimes I have to travel for work on a days notice.. but as long as I am not traveling I am pretty open.

Kinda on topic, or if I should start a new thread moderate away.. Katie and I are doing a lot of work to the back yard to be able to accommodate more people (parking, camping, entertaining wise). I was thinking of doing little meet and greets through out the year, separate of SIG fest obviously. Maybe like a North East Meet and Greet get together.

jayjay_dee
05-15-2012, 08:30 AM
As others mentioned, holiday weekends are not the best for meets... more travellers, high airfare, conflict with family gatherings, etc...

Kinda on topic, or if I should start a new thread moderate away.. Katie and I are doing a lot of work to the back yard to be able to accommodate more people (parking, camping, entertaining wise). I was thinking of doing little meet and greets through out the year, separate of SIG fest obviously. Maybe like a North East Meet and Greet get together.

Closer to me, so it works!!!

danewilson77
05-15-2012, 08:31 AM
OK....thanks for the input thus far. My initial thought is that many will have other plans for that holiday.

kayger12
05-15-2012, 08:42 AM
^Yep-- I'd most likely be out for Mem Day.

cakM3
05-15-2012, 09:11 AM
nice of you to think about next year's meet Dane but I think it would be too hard for many to make the meet over Memorial Day weekend with the amount of travelers spread out over that weekend...I myself would most likely not make the attempt due to the amount of craziness I would most likely see on the highway...