PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Bumper Indent Repair

brettbimmer
05-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Hello Familia: On my way home from work today, awaiting a left turn at a signal, I was gently bumped from the rear by a pickup truck. :crying Damage was pretty minimal to the ZHP thank goodness, but I did end up with an indent on the right rear of the bumper, just under the plastic trim strip. Anyone ever been able to get the plastic to rise back closer to the original shape? I was thinking about trying some heat on it (either via hair dryer or heat gun) to see if that would help. Errr! Thoughts are appreciated & it isn't worth replacing the rear bumper to fix this small indent as the paint still looks great.

Stu
05-22-2012, 04:00 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Good news is, that's basically nothing. Hardly even noticeable at all. I'm sure you could get it repaired really easily if you wanted to.

You should see my bumper(s). :crying

M3TA5IN
05-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Brett, this is a lot smaller than I am use to but I have used the big suction cups they use to handle windshields to pull out plastic bumper dents. They suction so hard they normal pop right back into place. Again though this was normally on bigger dents.

danewilson77
05-22-2012, 04:35 PM
That will most likely need to be filled. Sux.

das boots
05-22-2012, 06:50 PM
We have a auto repair here called Bumper Doc. That's all he does. Repairs plastic bumpers. No affiliation. But the club did have a tech session with him way back when. And he's pretty handy with his repairs.

Johnmadd
05-22-2012, 07:30 PM
That will most likely need to be filled. Sux.

+1 sucks Brett, id try to ignore it because 99 out of 100 people will never notice, and that 1 is usually just an asshole trying to make you feel inferior.

das boots
05-23-2012, 05:52 AM
+1. On the brighter side? By the photo that you provided your bumper looks fantastic and my bumper looks like the pits.....and I am not worried about it...that's just me.