PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2004 BMW 330 ZHP, Imola ZHP Raleigh, NC $14,500

Matt M
05-23-2012, 09:16 PM
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3026319832.html

There is actually a ZHP in our area which is ironic because my brother couldn't find one for the life of him. Don't know if this will interest anybody. I hope this is the correct area as well.

Hornung418
05-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Ohhh I really like that one!!

It's got the Silver Cubes!!

JupiterBMW
05-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Ohhh I really like that one!!

It's got the Silver Cubes!!

So I know that technically the silver cube was the 'upgrade' trim, but does everyone prefer it? I actually like the black cubes a lot better. More subtle and fitting in the black dash to me... I suppose whenever I find my car, if I have silver, I'll be looking to trade with someone for black!

Back on topic, great looking car at a reasonable price for the mileage!

webster
05-24-2012, 05:51 AM
So I know that technically the silver cube was the 'upgrade' trim, but does everyone prefer it? I actually like the black cubes a lot better. More subtle and fitting in the black dash to me... I suppose whenever I find my car, if I have silver, I'll be looking to trade with someone for black!

Back on topic, great looking car at a reasonable price for the mileage!

i think depending on the interior, either cube trim looks great. to my eyes, the alcantara and black leather are contrasted perfectly by silver cube. whereas natural brown, sand and grey leather look better with the black.

if you get a coupe with silver cubes, dibs on a swap!!

Hornung418
05-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah man, If you want a car with Silver Cube trim, but prefer the Black Cube trim...there about 50 people that will trade with you! Wes, looks like your first in line for JupiterBMW's Silver Cube ;)

JupiterBMW
05-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Haha, Jupiter has to get a ZHP first, then I'll worry about the cube trim... :biggrin

elric
05-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Going to look at this car tonight. My friend's son wants to buy it. If they pass on it, I will relay the pros & cons to everyone.

Speedracer
05-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Great car! How hard is the cube trim to remove? My car has silver cube trim and from what I understand, it's all in tact. I'm hoping my insurance company will let me keep the car. If it's not a massive job, I might be willing to remove it and sell it to someone that wants it.

elric
05-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Its not hard at all to remove.

Hornung418
05-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Sedan trim is super easy to remove. Just take a butter knife and pry it up from the edges. You could make a nice chunk of change for that, Speed.

Speedracer
05-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Well my car was a coupe...does that make a difference?

Hornung418
05-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Oh...Yeah. You can pull the Dash Trim and the Shifter Surround with ease, you will have to pull the door arm rests in order to remove the trim from them. I've never dealt with a Coupe. I'd look for a DIY on Fanatics or the like.

Speedracer
05-24-2012, 11:38 AM
OK thanks bud. I'm hoping I can keep the car. I think the seats and trim are still in good shape. Some people in here may need some parts from it. And I think the engine is still solid too.

Hornung418
05-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Yeah, your car held up very well. Hope the Insurance Co. is understanding of how interesting the interior is!

webster
05-24-2012, 12:19 PM
speed...dibs on the silver cubes if you get them! lol...but make sure you're ok to do it first...

zhpnsnv
05-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't think the silver cubes were an upgrade. Just thought they were an option upon ordering.

I wanted black cubes originally so I bought a car with black cubes. Then I realized I liked the silver cubes better for contrast, but I decided I wouldn't change because silver cubes are expensive. Then my black cubes began to lose some of their color and reveal their silver cube innards. This made me realize that every cube is silver at its core, and being the philosophical chap I am, I had to have the cubes in their purest form (like Socrates or one of those guys). This coincided with seeing a lot of silver cubes at the first mafia family reunion. When the opportunity struck to get silver cubes, I took it.

Not that you wanted to know all of that.

danewilson77
05-24-2012, 01:47 PM
I don't think the silver cubes were an upgrade. Just thought they were an option upon ordering.

I wanted black cubes originally so I bought a car with black cubes. Then I realized I liked the silver cubes better for contrast, but I decided I wouldn't change because silver cubes are expensive. Then my black cubes began to lose some of their color and reveal their silver cube innards. This made me realize that every cube is silver at its core, and being the philosophical chap I am, I had to have the cubes in their purest form (like Socrates or one of those guys). This coincided with seeing a lot of silver cubes at the first mafia family reunion. When the opportunity struck to get silver cubes, I took it.

:rofl

elric
05-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Well, this 04 IR ZHP was very clean and well maintained. And now has a new owner. My friend's son has picked it up as his first BMW. Had 2 extra window stickers that I gave to him and he is proudly displaying them already. Hope to have him join the group soon.

:roundel

Hornung418
05-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Damn that made it all of 20 hours posted on the forum LOL! Congrats to the new owner!

kayger12
05-25-2012, 01:59 AM
This made me realize that every cube is silver at its core

I got a little verklempt when I read that.

I wish this was sent with a Galaxy S3

Strider
05-26-2012, 09:56 PM
I am the proud new owners dad. His car looks way better than mine now. I have an 03 325i that needs a paint job, but at least mine is still faster than his :). I would like to say that the information on this forum has been invaluable in evaluating cars, and Elric's help has been priceless as well.

I am sure once we settle in, we will be back on with some questions and to post some pics.

zhpnsnv
05-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Are you sure yours is faster???

elric
05-27-2012, 03:14 AM
Are you sure yours is faster???

I will vouch for Strider's being faster. It probably has something to do with the S54 under the hood. :biggrin

Hornung418
05-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Now we need the intro/build thread.

Welcome aboard, Strider!

HokieZHP
05-27-2012, 09:58 AM
I will vouch for Strider's being faster. It probably has something to do with the S54 under the hood. :biggrin

Is Strider the one who went to FL to buy that red 325 with the MTechII and S54?

brettbimmer
05-27-2012, 10:01 AM

I didn't do it! It's not my fault! :D:thumbup:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Strider
05-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Is Strider the one who went to FL to buy that red 325 with the MTechII and S54?

Elric and I flew down Saturday early, and drove straight through. back to NC that same day. I do have pics and commentary of the build, but I did not do it, just the recipient of some hard work. So far the car has been very solid, and just need a few tweaks to make it complete for me.

I will probably post pics later tonight.

cakM3
05-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Jeff told me that story Strider....was interesting to hear it. Glad to see you are the one who is enjoying this car :thumbsup I also have an S54 but that comes with the rest of the package.....my "weekend" car :)