PDA

View Full Version : Vert Coils?

Junior2552
05-30-2012, 09:11 AM
So I've seen a few references to the H&R cup kit, and references to the KW V2's for the ZHP convertible, but I like a very stiff coilover. Those of you who have seen my E30 understand why..

I like low, but not slammed, and I have a square 18x8.5 et35 set up for my car, but I refuse to put on nice wheels until there is some sort of suspension under the car; don't ask me why, I'm just OCD that way.

I need something with more than just height adjustment, and I need something with a good damper and a firm spring rate, but not a lot of companies make a convertible specific coilover (which us vert guys need). I've also heard the KW V2's have clearance issues with the back of the wheel. I was hoping somebody could shed some light on some vert coilovers. I've talked to GC, and BC Racing, and a few others, and I'm getting annoyed. :blink

danewilson77
05-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Have you looked into the ST's?

johnrando
05-30-2012, 01:35 PM
I haven't researched it, but I thought there are sets that are Vert specific, and some that didn't matter (vert/coupe). The main vert difference s/b that verts are heavier and therefore sag in the rear, so you'd want a setup that works with it.

Junior2552
05-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Have you looked into the ST's?

Yessir, I have, but I need a little more than what they have to offer.

danewilson77
05-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Yessir, I have, but I need a little more than what they have to offer.

Werd.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Junior2552
05-30-2012, 02:44 PM
I haven't researched it, but I thought there are sets that are Vert specific, and some that didn't matter (vert/coupe). The main vert difference s/b that verts are heavier and therefore sag in the rear, so you'd want a setup that works with it.

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of differences in the very cool setups is usually a heavier spring in the rear. That's something that's pretty easy to adjust for, but I'm still not sure if V2s are going to be hard enough for me to track on. I realize a convertible is about the least track-worthy car, but it's what I have so I gotta make it work. Haha.

Junior2552
05-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Werd.

Car's lookin good, Mr. Dane. I checked out your thread.

danewilson77
05-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Car's lookin good, Mr. Dane. I checked out your thread.

Thanks brutha. Labor of love.

terraphantm
06-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of differences in the very cool setups is usually a heavier spring in the rear. That's something that's pretty easy to adjust for, but I'm still not sure if V2s are going to be hard enough for me to track on. I realize a convertible is about the least track-worthy car, but it's what I have so I gotta make it work. Haha.

Have you considered TCKline? Their products are said to be excellent on the track, and since you can select your own spring rates, you can build a set specific to your vert.

Junior2552
06-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Have you considered TCKline? Their products are said to be excellent on the track, and since you can select your own spring rates, you can build a set specific to your vert.

Yeah! I did look. I have been emailing BC Racing for a little while and they said that the regular e46 se up was revised and that the coils will fit no problem, I could even use 10k springs because my vert is a fat whore. So I might look into it. :) I've had Bilsteins and H&R before, but I haven't tried BCs. M3 guys say it's a great, cheap alternative.