View Full Version : For Sale: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP - Mystic Blue/Black Int., 65K mi., 6spd, cold weather package

GreenFrog
06-03-2012, 12:56 PM
VIN: WBAEV53414KM06542
Year: 2004
Make: BMW
Model: 330i ZHP
Price: $18,000
Mileage: 65,000
Transmission type: 6 speed
Body Type (coupe or sedan): sedan
Color: Mystic blue exterior, black interior
Packages: premium package, HK speakers, OEM bi-xenon headlights, cold weather package with heated seats, etc.
Title status (salvage? lien holders?): Lien with Bank of America; can easily pay off the entire car if sale is reached to make sales process easier
Mods: aFe CAI, EAS Aurora Angel Eyes, CDV delete (clutch delay valve), M-pedals, and Dice iPod kit

The car has never been in any accidents. I am the second owner. All four wheels have minor curb rash. The seats are in great condition and the car has no problems whatsoever. It hasn't been in the shop once during the entire duration of my ownership and has never had any error codes or lights. Actually I lied -- it was in the shop overnight because my key fob got fried during travel, and when I got back, my car would not start. Shop thought the starter was shot so they replaced the starter, but it just turned out that I needed my other key. The old key was discarded. So it has a new starter that was replaced under my extended warranty. Other than that, never been in the shop!

Oil changed every 5K miles.

Want to move to an E92 M3 so I want to sell my ZHP. It's located in Dallas, TX. Will get pics up ASAP. Location says I'm in Boston but I just moved to Dallas two months ago.

If you're interested in a test drive, I'm only available Thurs-Sunday. I travel weekly for my job so I'm on the road mon-thurs. Because of my travel, this car has been a weekend car by virtue of my schedule. I've only had it for a year and added around 6K miles in that time.

danewilson77
06-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Glws. Just to clarify. Are you available on Thursdays?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

GreenFrog
06-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm available late at night on Thursdays.. I fly home and get in around 8 PM so anytime after that technically works but I'd prefer fri/sat/sun.

UdubBadger
06-03-2012, 08:16 PM
sounds great... how does it look (hint hint)?

GreenFrog
06-03-2012, 08:46 PM
UGGHHH sorry! I got too lazy today to take pics and I potentially won't be back home until next Thursday..

I do have a couple pictures of the car I took before it was shipped out to Dallas.. but they are in NO way shape or form flattering to the car at all. The car is FILTHY in the pics and they were taken for the sole purpose of documenting its state before being shipped.

If you guys would like, I could post them.

UdubBadger
06-03-2012, 08:48 PM
no worries, just curious is all. I'd do a car like that some justice and get some good pics out there instead of nasty ones.

GreenFrog
06-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Folks, just landed home in Dallas and it's too dark out for me to snap some good pics. I'm also going straight to NYC tomorrow for the weekend and back to Denver for work Mon-Thurs, so I cannot take pics until next Thursday..

Sorry for the delay!! Hectic schedule lately

BimmerRules!
06-08-2012, 04:39 AM
Good luck man!

Curious: did you drive the E92 M3 before you decided to move?

GreenFrog
06-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks! Sure did. I test drove one back in November of '11 when I still lived in Boston.. I even posted on m3post to ask if I could afford one and the resounding answer was no.. but since then, I've accumulated a lot more wealth and I can definitely afford a pre-owned M3. Looking to get into one ASAP :)

aurelius
06-10-2012, 09:04 AM
In what part of Dallas are you living and or working?

GreenFrog
06-10-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm living near the Uptown area (about 3-5 minute drive away) but I work in Westlake, TX. Im on the road most of the week, though, so I only go to Westlake on Fridays.

I see you're from Dallas too -- do you know of any track days or events? I'd really like to learn the limits of my car and meet some folks! :)

BimmerRules!
06-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Thanks! Sure did. I test drove one back in November of '11 when I still lived in Boston.. I even posted on m3post to ask if I could afford one and the resounding answer was no.. but since then, I've accumulated a lot more wealth and I can definitely afford a pre-owned M3. Looking to get into one ASAP :)

Wow...you accumulated a lot more wealth between Nov'11 and Jun'12 to afford a pre-owned M3? Give us some tips on wealth accumulation brother! :)

in your opinion, what were the e92 m3's +/- when compared to the zhp that made you move up?

GreenFrog
06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Haha, well, for starters, I took a relocation offer and as a result, received some nice bonus payments. I also have some large sums of money invested in the stock market (large being relative for my age). I'm also relatively frugal, so just because I have some money saved up, that didn't mean I felt the liberty to go spend a lot of it on unnecessary things. To top it off, I travel four days a week, and because of that, my food and gas expenses are very low because my company covers those costs while I'm on the road.

Gosh.. I can't even compare the two cars.. they're so different. But I'll try:

Pros:
- It's an M car!!
- It has a V8
- The exhaust sounds amazing
- The DCT transmission is a pleasure to drive (esp. in traffic)
- The coupe is sexier
- Updated technology and I love the fact that the navigation is part of the car (I have a Garmin GPS in my ZHP and it's freaking annoying to put it on the dash, hiding it, etc.)

Cons:
- More expensive in terms of gas, insurance, and the car itself
- Will make me seem pretentious and lousy with my finances since I'm so young (I'm actually concerned about driving an M3 to work and being seen by any of my superiors, since none of them are car guys and don't drive luxury cars.. even though they could easily afford them)

I'm still not 100% sold on buying one because I just went to NYC recently to celebrate my best friend's birthday, and I'm starting to realize that spending money on experiences with friends actually result in greater happiness.. so I'm toying with the idea of just saving more money so I can put a downpayment on a condo somewhere nice in the next 1-2 years.. We'll see.

But I'm still inclined to sell my car.

BimmerRules!
06-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Whoa, a frugal young lad in the east coast with a very sensible and firmly attached head! Gosh, a rare find indeed. No wonder you moved to Dallas. :D

just kidding man.

Best of luck with the sale!

BimmerRules!
06-13-2012, 09:20 AM
and oh, you still haven't put up the pictures. :)

Ironic that you are selling the same car that I was seriously looking at last June (couldn't drive up to MA that week due to other commitments). Wasn't surprised when the dealer informed me that you immediately purchased it on sight - because it was a great value for that price and mileage. Hope you enjoyed it. :)

aurelius
07-11-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm living near the Uptown area (about 3-5 minute drive away) but I work in Westlake, TX...
I see you're from Dallas too -- do you know of any track days or events? I'd really like to learn the limits of my car and meet some folks! :)

I lived in Uptown for 12 years, 10 of those years in a mid-rise bldg with the best parking situation of all time. At one point I had 7 cars there. Nowadays referred to as my "Decade of Decadence." Ah, the halcyon days of yore. Good times.

Check out the local BMW Club chapter's online calendar (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/lscbmwcca.org) and go to Cars and Coffee at Classic BMW (http://www.classicbmw.com/Cars_and_Coffee)in Plano (1st Sat AM of every month). I just checked the club calendar and they're doing breakfast and a morning drive of East TX twisties this coming Saturday. There are events at Motorsport Ranch (http://www.motorsportranch.com/) and Eagle's Canyon Raceway (http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/home.php) on a regular basis.

Word to the wise: don't let the Uptown girls know you've "accumulated a lot more wealth."

Its happened around 3 times today and the symptoms are the tach will start rev bouncing from 500-900 rpm several time before finally stalling. It's hotter out now and I don't recall this happening when it was winter and cold out so maybe the heat has something to do with it.

^^ Presumably solved?