PDA

View Full Version : where to find these BMW detailing products...

Washburn
06-17-2012, 07:44 AM
on BMW.com, when you go under BMW owners --> accessory finder --> cleaning care, there are products that are not normally displayed under BMW accessories on the BMWusa website... there are no part numbers given or prices... it says to ask the dealer but I was wondering if there are any other way, online to order these...

I mean look at this - this is what I need exactly - I know there are interior (general) cleaners from BMW that you can order anywhere/online/buy from dealer, but the products under the above category are far more specifically made, it seems.. - here;s the alcanatara cleaner, for example:

EDIT: I found a place: looks like these products are meant more for EU. All other sites I found had prices only in Euros, but this one has prices in US$ and Euro...
http://www.estore-central.com/bmw-accesories-and-lifestyle-catalog/interior-care/

nike001
06-17-2012, 07:50 AM
I know my dealer doesn't have that stuff.

I'd go to their parts department and ask.

Washburn
06-17-2012, 08:02 AM
I am pretty sure now those parts are not meant for USA :(
But one can get them online via Euro-based websites, if one is prepared to pay shipping costs... that bottle above will cost ~ $25 or so probably, incl S/H. !!
and that web-store is based in Romania....hmmm

Here';s a better organized Germany-based one: have to email them to get info on s/h to US
http://www.salesafter.eu/index.php/cat/c41_interior-cleaning-interior-cleaning.html

nike001
06-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I'd think that these products should start becoming available over here since the f30 and f10 m5's are starting to have M Performance Alcantara parts in the same places that some ZHP's do like the steering wheels and other miscellaneous places.

I'd think it would also help out because when BMW tried it with our cars it was a disaster because they wore so badly over time. They should bring these products over in hopes of it going a bit better this time around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washburn
06-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah that might happen eventually, but knowing how much the average US customer cares about detailing cars etc, compared to the average German/Euro customer, I highly doubt it will happen anytime soon. Even the people who care about detailing here, a lot of them don't know anything beyond Armorall.

MiniD
06-17-2012, 11:58 AM
My Father has a tube of BMW trim restorer from the early 90's. Pretty cool. He said it was very expensive.