PDA

View Full Version : My ZHP is playing games with me...

edlvrt
06-29-2012, 01:25 PM
So I had the tail light recall performed at the local dealership 2 or so months ago. About a month later, I get the dash light showing that my left tail light is out. By looking at the reflection on cars behind me, I can see that I have the left, right, and center all working, so I assume that it is just the recall issue sneaking its head up again. Figuring it is nothing important, I decide to let it wait until I have time to get it checked out again. No big deal.

Fast forward to today, I'm at a stoplight and a truck with a big, shiny front end pulls up behind me. After a double take, I see in his mirror like grill that my left and right brake lights are illuminating at different levels. Turns out that my primary tail light bulb is bad, and the car was smart enough to see that and use the secondary, panic brake light to at least have some illumination on that side of the car.

Those Germans think of it all. :applause To bad I think of myself as above the "idiot" lights:scratchinghead

Meric
06-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Sedans has secondary panic brake light?

brettbimmer
06-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Sedans has secondary panic brake light?

Don't believe so as mine does not have this. Believe it is only a coupe thing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

az3579
06-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Don't believe so as mine does not have this. Believe it is only a coupe thing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yes they do. All it is, is the running lights get brighter if on, or turn on full bright if off, in addition to the brake light.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk