PDA

View Full Version : MOTM- Member of the Moment

JupiterBMW
07-30-2012, 06:34 PM
So I got this idea to call out a member that has helped me immensely lately with an issue that has existed since the moment I first drove my ZHP. The navigation hasn't worked since day 1, but after quite a few hours of work and many hours of help, its finally fixed.

So, that brings me to this thread. Calling out Steve, sna77, for his hours of help and offers to send me map discs yesterday while I worked on my Nav. Members like Steve make this the best forum I've ever been a part of.

So, thanks to Steve! If anyone else has experiences like this, feel free to post them too!

This is dedication!

And all said and done... My map is tracking perfectly, and from the looks of it, seeing a LOT of satellites! Thanks Steve!!

JupiterBMW
07-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Also, I shouldn't forget johnrando for the help as well. He offered to, and sent me the software CD a few weeks ago when I initially started to tackle this project. :thumbsup

M3TA5IN
07-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Awesome! Def the best forum ever.

UdubBadger
07-30-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd need a few pages to thank all the guys on here who've helped me out over the last year since I joined the family. Glad to be here in an environment that calls out the stuff most people usually look right past.

cakM3
07-31-2012, 03:01 AM
Yes Jon!

That's one of the reasons I gave John a free plane ticket so that he could be at the annual SIGFest. Having John there only made the SIGFest that much more special... He's one if many really good people here on our "family oriented" forum. John has always been willing to "go the distance" to help out a forum member.

Steve is another I am privilaged to call a friend! He's so full of BMW knowledge. Luckily, I'm close enough to drive over to him if I'm in need of help ;)

Dane for the camera I now have...

Botond for all his willingness to help others.....my personal coder :)

Chad for always helping me with my mechanical mods....

Rob and Kristen for being who they are.....totally awesome people :)

Kyle and Ryan....awesome enthusiasts and people....and for the moonshine you guys gave me...:biggrin

So many people to add...:) What I find amazing is that everyone I have met are all willing to go the distance for each other....this is what makes our forum a family :wub

Excellent idea on a thread Jon! :thumbsup

GMATT
07-31-2012, 03:52 AM
Where to start...........hmmmmm Kyle, Marc, Justin, and Botond come to mind . All have been helpful with my ZHP experience! I hope to always be able to help any member in need.

Gary

M0nk3y
07-31-2012, 04:06 AM
Even though I haz no ZHP.

Everyone has welcomed me w/open arms. That has been enough

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

sna77
07-31-2012, 04:56 AM
Wow--thanks so much. Totally unexpected and much appreciated.

I've met many people on forums and such over the past few years and I have to say that this forum has the most helpful and appreciative members. Being able to help others is a great feeling--but it's truly worthwhile when the people you help are good people, who are generally appreciate. This is such a great community.

That being said, Charlie get you’re a$$ down to Boston to pick up these mirrors. They're sitting on the floor in my office at work and I'm using the box as a foot rest. ;)

BimmerWill
07-31-2012, 05:32 AM
Really happy to be a member on this forum despite not being a ZHP owner I have been welcomed very warmly by the family. Dane has personally helped me out countless times over the past couple years and recommended me to be allowed a member on this forum so just want to take the time and give him thanks. Really love the amount of help and knowledge shared on the forum and look forward to attending some of the get togethers in the future.