PDA

View Full Version : Auto wash shampoo -

bullfrogs_M3
07-31-2012, 11:01 AM
I am starting to run low on my CG Citrus Wash and Gloss and was looking for potential other opinions to order. I definitely like(love?) the CG products and have had great results on numerous cars with the Citrus Wash and Gloss, after I hit the cars with CG Snow Foam.

Let's hear what you use as your go-to for washing your car and why you use that brand.

HokieZHP
07-31-2012, 12:02 PM
I use regular CG citrus wash when I do details and need to strip the paint down.

Then I use CG gloss works for maintenance washing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webster
07-31-2012, 12:14 PM
I use CG Citrus Wash and Gloss if the car is super filthy (ie, after long road trip or after really bad weather). For weekly maintenance-type washing, I use the CG Clear Daily Citrus Wash. It's PH balanced so it doesn't strip any wax or sealant, but it still does a great wash and leaves the car spotless. Literally, no water spots!

UdubBadger
07-31-2012, 01:13 PM
^ I use the same, love CG

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Crestwood1001
07-31-2012, 01:21 PM
I also use gloss works, love it

zhp43867
07-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Hmm... how did all you all get so addicted to CG? I have nothing against the company- but it seems odd as there are a TON of great companies, and CG's product lineup can be very confusing.

If you want to try other brands:

- 1Z Einszett Perls
- P21S Bodywork Shampoo
- Poorboy's World Slick N' Suds
- Optimum Car Wash
- Sonax High Gloss Shampoo

...and the best otc product is Meguiar's Gold Class, which lands behind the other washes I listed by only a small margin.

bullfrogs_M3
07-31-2012, 01:52 PM
This is why I wanted to see what others were using. You list out some good choices there, i need to do some reading/research about these options. I did use Optimum Car wash before I had CG and honestly wasn't that impressed (not as much after wash gloss compared to CG and Sonax).

Thanks for the suggestions Derek, i'll look at 1Z, P21S and Poorboy's

johnnyrad
07-31-2012, 04:19 PM
I use the Dodo Juice Born to be Mild and Sour Power for weekly washes and love them both. But when the car is really dirty I break out the CG Citrus Wash and Gloss. Love Dodo Juice products tho and they smell awesome and have killer suds action.

zhp43867
07-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Ha the OPC was the only one on that list I haven't used yet, I was just about to buy some as a friend of mine really likes the stuff.

M0nk3y
07-31-2012, 05:12 PM
CG Maxi Suds II.

It foams up really nice and can stick and dwell the paint.

I love CG because they have awesome products and support. It's not hard to determine what does what. I use a lot of their products and continue to put more on my shelf.

zhp43867
07-31-2012, 05:26 PM
The only issue(s) I have with CG is that they often have seemingly redundant products (which may not actually be redundant), and they don't do a good enough job distinguishing between products that occupy the same category and are designed for similiar purposes. Secondly, their directions are occasionally contradictory, on the label versus on their website, etc.

That said I really like/liked the VRP (for rocker panels, bumper trim and engine compartments), their pad conditioner, their bug eraser, and the Grime Reaper APC.

The one product I dislike is their leather conditioner. It smells and looks great, but the slight sheen it gives leather will rub off, only on "wear areas" (exactly where your arm or butt sits), leaving what looks like a stain after a day or so. It can be cleaned off, but it shows that the durability is less than desirable .