PDA

View Full Version : Just a post-separation appreciation thread...

RITmusic2k
08-16-2012, 10:04 AM
I just got back from a vacation to Florida, and I'm about to get in my car for the first time since I left it at work last week.

It never fails; after a week of riding in other peoples' vehicles and/or driving rentals, there's nothing quite like the feeling of returning to my ZHP.

It's like going back into the womb, and then driving that womb like a bat out of hell. No other car I've owned/driven/been-driven-in walks that tightrope strung between comfort and poise with such aplomb and enthusiasm. I love my car.

cakM3
08-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Kevin, I can completely relate to what you just posted :) I travel frequently as well and after a weeks outing, tend to miss driving both of my bimmers. The ZHP is always waiting patiently for my return at the airport parking lot so when I get back I'm completely enveloped in pure driving bliss. There's something to be said about BMW quality! I find myself saying "I love my car" many times as well ;)

Hornung418
08-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Kevin Savino-Riker: Master Wordsmith

Seriously well crafted post, man. After I get my car back, I'm sure I will be able to relate!

Horney...via TT.

RITmusic2k
08-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Kind words, Horney - my best wishes that the days pass swiftly for you!

JupiterBMW
08-17-2012, 09:37 AM
I completely agree. I'm still just getting to know my ZHP, but every time I drive it, I get so excited because I know that everything about the car just feels so right. :)

Yay for such non special cars. :biggrin

Hermes
08-18-2012, 11:37 AM
imagine how I felt when I got home after almost 2 months away earlier this year

johnrando
08-18-2012, 05:29 PM
So freakin' true Kevin. QTF!

GMATT
08-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Kevin.......I feel you Brother! I am lucky to have this great car. I drive it pretty aggressively, and it just begs for more!

Never really loved a car, but this one is so much fun, even the wife likes it!

Gary

BCS_ZHP
08-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Gary,
Let Dane drive my 540 a couple of hours ago, just a pizza run as i was down his way. Thought I'd get a convert with the torque/power, but too much E46 blood in his veins. Me too, contemplating selling the E39 to pick up another ZHP, and maybe an X5.

Jesse M
08-20-2012, 02:59 PM
I drive my car wayyyy too much to appreciate it like you guys do. I need a shitty DD, not to mention something better on gas.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Sockethead
08-30-2012, 06:42 AM
It's funny... as awesome as the 135 and X5 4.8is are, there is something about the ZHP that both Kpro and I love...