PDA

View Full Version : Why the ZHP works for me...

BlackNTan
08-25-2012, 05:01 AM
I could show up at a BMW dealership and buy a new M3 today, but I have no motivation to do so. When I went to the local dealership 6 weeks ago to test drive an M3, the salesmen were more interested in my ZHP ("what is that?") than the other new cars on the lot (including the 6 series 4 door - huh?). My ZHP gets more looks than most new cars do today.

My philosophy has been to buy a car with timeless looks and keep it very well maintained. IMO all my cars have weathered their age beautifully and the average observer has no idea they are 8-10 years old (MB E series, the ZHP, Expedition, and back in the day Acura Integra and Legend).

Anyway, the bottom line is that I love my ZHP and the casual observer has no idea this is a 9 year-old car.

danewilson77
08-25-2012, 05:18 AM
Perfectly written. Totally agree with this BnT

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

JupiterBMW
08-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Yeah +1 on all of it. To be mentioned, at a recent Bimmer get together I went to, there was an E92 M3 with an ESS supercharger kit, suspension, rims, rollcage, mods out the ass! But, the car was filthy...

My car on the other hand was bone stock and immaculate. I got a TON of compliments on the car and I have to admit, I think she looked great. Still a head turner, even amongst a bunch of fancy new BMWs.

kayger12
08-25-2012, 05:32 AM
Great post. So true.

cakM3
08-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Yeah, same thing happened to me when I was helping a friend look for an X5

iZHP
08-25-2012, 07:13 AM
Agreed.

L0veZHP
08-25-2012, 07:29 AM
This is absolutely true! I drive my cousins Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography all the time!! A limited production of only 250 in the united states and costs around 100k brand new!! I get attention but not as much as I do when I drive my Imola Red ZHP ;) a car worth around 13k.. http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/L0veZHP/IMG_0180.jpg

WOLFN8TR
08-25-2012, 08:01 AM
X2...

How do I keep my wife out of the ZHP? She loves driving it more than here car LOL.

Go Horns!
08-25-2012, 08:41 AM
I took my mom shopping for a new car in the ZHP. Nothing got her attention. Well almost nothing Afterwards she told me that if I had an automatic I would be flying back.

UdubBadger
08-25-2012, 08:46 AM
X2...

How do I keep my wife out of the ZHP? She loves driving it more than here car LOL.

Do what I did... 6mt. Wife won't touch it :p

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

L0veZHP
08-25-2012, 09:04 AM
I wish my car was a 6speed that way my dad wouldn't drive it and pack it all up with people every once in a while and my mom would have no hope of moving it or going to like home depot or the mall with it when im not home

derbo
08-26-2012, 01:38 PM

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Doesn't work when my gf drives a e90 335i 6mt haha!

I totally agree with you. When I first started working in 2005 at my BMW Center, I saw these things brand new roll off the lot. I said to my boss, "See, thats a car I could live daily with." Who would've thought in 4 years I got myself one and happy as ever with it. The best parts I love about this car is the small little things that make it a ZHP. The MTECHII kit, cube trim, red needles, extra 10hp, short shifter/knob were all things that sold me on getting only ZHP not a ZSP.

Every technician sees me throw preventative maintenance at this thing and waiting in line to buy it off me! They know I race it and they said even better! It means there is no carbon buildup!

UdubBadger
08-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Truf

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

cakM3
08-26-2012, 01:55 PM

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

:spit

I lol'd when I read this :)

funny.... On my way back home from Steve's house, I found myself saying just how much I love having my ZHP...;) For daily driving duties, this car has to be the perfect car! :thumbsup Perfect balance and power when you need it....I think with the Sprint Booster mod....I will be just as addicted to my ZHP even more...:)

johnrando
08-26-2012, 07:44 PM
QTF BnT!

UdubBadger
08-26-2012, 07:53 PM
:spit

I lol'd when I read this :)

funny.... On my way back home from Steve's house, I found myself saying just how much I love having my ZHP...;) For daily driving duties, this car has to be the perfect car! :thumbsup Perfect balance and power when you need it....I think with the Sprint Booster mod....I will be just as addicted to my ZHP even more...:)

what will that thing run you?

yura
08-26-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm in the same boat. The more I drive the ZHP, the more I come to like it. And you guys are right about people not knowing the true age of the car; there were numerous times when I was parked next E90s and E92s (my friends') and people asked me how much newer my car was - haha.

cakM3
08-27-2012, 02:33 AM
what will that thing run you?

Seth,

I got hooked up with my button control panel for $50 from a friend who parts wrecked M3s. Then the Sprint Booster will cost around $299 + shipping, depending on where I purchase it from...

When I saw John's post on this....I knew I had to have this for my ZHP. Yesterday, I did notice the throttle lag and now it's bugging me. :)

echo46
08-27-2012, 04:58 AM
True, indeed. When I took my ZHP to the dealership,reluctantly, on the tail light recall, two mechanics came over to me and couldn't believe I had a ZHP. Well, when I came back a few hours later, I noticed that the car had about 12 miles on it. Those bastards took the ZHP out for a joy ride to see what it was all about.

danewilson77
08-27-2012, 05:31 AM
True, indeed. When I took my ZHP to the dealership,reluctantly, on the tail light recall, two mechanics came over to me and couldn't believe I had a ZHP. Well, when I came back a few hours later, I noticed that the car had about 12 miles on it. Those bastards took the ZHP out for a joy ride to see what it was all about.

That ain't right brutha. Did you say something?

UdubBadger
08-27-2012, 05:40 AM
Ya that's total BS and while it's great to have people excited about the car - totally unprofessional. Complain and do it soon.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

danewilson77
08-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Ya that's total BS and while it's great to have people excited about the car - totally unprofessional. Complain and do it soon.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

............so that they don't continue to think they can get away with it.

WOLFN8TR
08-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Do what I did... 6mt. Wife won't touch it.

I just might have to do that especially after yesterday. While washing the car I noticed cracked and peeling paint on the front bumper. She drove it a few days ago and I told her to make sure not to pull up to close to the concrete curbs in the parking spaces as the front bumper will hit it. Apparently she didn't take me serious. Of course she doesnt recall hitting anything. She is " Banned " from driving it. I was slightly upset.

cakM3
08-27-2012, 06:20 AM

Ask to see the service manager and complain to him/her about the unprofessional service you had recently received regarding the "joy ride" that was obviously done to your ZHP. This way people will know it is not okay to just take the car out like they did. I would also present to the manager "what happens if they wreck your car while taking it out on a joy ride???" Get that complaint in as soon as possible....

webster
08-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Ask to see the service manager and complain to him/her about the unprofessional service you had recently received regarding the "joy ride" that was obviously done to your ZHP. This way people will know it is not okay to just take the car out like they did. I would also present to the manager "what happens if they wreck your car while taking it out on a joy ride???" Get that complaint in as soon as possible....

+1

fellow mafia family member had this very thing happen to him.

cakM3
08-27-2012, 09:17 AM
For me when I take either the ///M in or ZHP in for any "major" service, I have authorized both of my mechanics to "road" test my cars. I personally know both of them and have developed a level of trust with them. Funny thing is that the mechanic that services my ZHP is the previous owner so he knows my ZHP very well and has taken interest in what I have been doing :)

I feel lucky in that I don't have to worry about either of my BMWs being abused. It helps when you are very familiar with the entire service department (I mean everyone working there) All the mechanics there know me and even come up to me to chat :)

M3TA5IN
08-27-2012, 09:25 AM
My first complaint to BMW they sent me a card with $1000 on it I can use for any services for a certain % off not to exceed $1000.

Sent from my fancy city machine.

Crestwood1001
08-27-2012, 10:03 AM
My first complaint to BMW they sent me a card with $1000 on it I can use for any services for a certain % off not to exceed $1000.

Sent from my fancy city machine.

Damn

jjcools
08-27-2012, 02:42 PM
I keep thinking of a car that I like better to replace it with,but I just can't. I was just talking to a coworker with an Mcouple and decided I liked the looks of my Zhp sedan better than the M3 coupe. Just needs an M3 engine and suspension in it to make ittrack monster! Mostly just the want of something different I think.