PDA

View Full Version : Considering selling my (unused) Intravee II ipod interface hook up

NorCalZman
08-29-2012, 05:42 PM
This stuff has been sitting in my room since I bought everything earlier this year. My priorities have changed a bit over the summer (a move to SoCal eventually, etc). I am considering selling this stuff to get some extra cash in my savings account, if there is a market for it. If its not worth enough to anyone I will just keep it and install it. You can check out how it works on youtube and see our own homegrown thread for install instructions here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7107-Intravee-II-iPod-DIY-Install-amp-Review-(For-cars-with-Nav)&highlight=intravee

http://img.tapatalk.com/d0573b96-c5bf-9e07.jpg

I have everything you would need to integrate this system into your car.

Intravee II: cost me $200 including shipping from Europe
Alpine KCA-420i: Brand new according to the ebay add I bought it from. I havent put it in my car. I actually bought the one sna77 posted in his thread (above). With shipping from Canada after the auction ended it cost me about 100 bucks.
16 gig ipod nano: it cost me like 150 new. Obviously its not new but it works fine and was the ipod for music in my previous car
Scosche ipod adapter: This was 25 bucks new. It will allow newer ipods to be charged via the cable. Without it iPods wont charge when plugged in.

So, I would say I have about 375 dollars worth of stuff sitting there. Not sure what would be be my hard line on pricing, but it wouldnt be too much below that.

johnrando
08-29-2012, 06:21 PM
These DON'T work with NAV, correct?

NorCalZman
08-29-2012, 06:49 PM
I think I remember sna77 saying it does but the experience is no where near ideal.

SoarinZHP
08-30-2012, 12:44 PM
The Intravee is an AWESOME set up. I installed an identical setup nearly a year ago and it hasn't failed me yet. I *highly* recommend this option. I have the factory nav and it works great.

sna77
08-30-2012, 01:45 PM
These DON'T work with NAV, correct?

I did this review on fanatics a while ago, and noticed that there wasn't much talk on the Intravee on this forum, so I'm updating and copying my review here.

Cliffs Notes: If you have OEM Nav, there is no better and more reliable way to connect an iPod to our cars than the Intravee II.

My official review appeared on page 20 of the September 2009 issue of Boston Bimmer magazine (the Boston chapter of the BMW CCA):
http://www.bigpatsfans.com/BostonBimmer.pdf

Intravee II iPod DIY Install & Review (For cars with Nav):
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7107-Intravee-II-iPod-DIY-Install-amp-Review-(For-cars-with-Nav)

johnrando
08-30-2012, 07:45 PM
I thought I read where it doesn't work with nav, is that old news? (Kinda like the Shark Injector used to not work with autos, then they changed it).

sna77
08-31-2012, 01:46 AM
I have no idea where you heard that. It's flat out wrong, and always has been. :)

The Intravee was designed to work with Nav before it ever worked without it.

As I mentioned, the Intravee is by far the best iPod solution for cars with Nav. :thumbup

NorCalZman
08-31-2012, 06:23 AM
Yeah check out the YouTube vids for it. It's made for the Nav. Hm, maybe I should just man up and install it. I ordered the parts for the Bluetooth kit is week and was showing some buyers remorse about this iPod hook up.

sna77
08-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Why? For $300 you have all your music in the car. A no-brainer for me. :)

NorCalZman
08-31-2012, 03:33 PM
maybe because I was being lazy about installing it and having it just sit in my room. Haha. I had to tear apart the trunk to get at the taillights and was not looking forward to doing it again. for some reason my carpetting was a bear to remove.

johnrando
09-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Would you sell this w/o the ipod?

NorCalZman
09-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Ah sorry haven't looked in here all weekend. No one jumped on it so i figured there wasnt any interest. While installing my Bluetooth set up I pulled this stuff out and plugged it all in already. If you want to buy it all new you won't be spending that much more than I was going to sell it for since my stuff wasn't actually used (before yesterday, that is).