PDA

View Full Version : At long last. Introducing my new (to me) ZHP!

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Since I just picked it up last night, I haven't had time for a proper photoshoot. But here is one quick photo of my new car:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8317/7999900785_78a91c6615_b.jpg

Some of you may recognize it, as it used to belong to a member of E46fanatics: daniel_zhp.

There will be a decent number of small changes made to it soon, and I'll be sure to post up pics as it progresses.

johnrando
09-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Congrats! Very clean car. Mileage, interior color, upcoming changes planned?

BRGcoopahS
09-18-2012, 08:14 AM
:drool:drool:drool

MOAR PICS!

I LOVE Alpina rims, and actually posted a thread awhile back asking if anyone had a ZHP with alpina rims. I am in love with that combo!

Those are the only rims Id replace the 135's with.

johnrando
09-18-2012, 08:15 AM
How much do those Alpina's weigh?

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks!

100k, 6MT, interior is two-tone black and grey leather with silver CF trim. I still have the original silver cube trim; I'll have to see what I like better.

First off, it's getting new spark plugs, fuel filter, diff fluid, trans fluid, brake fluid, valve cover gasket, Beisan systems vanos kit, cooling system overhaul.

After the maintenance is up to date, I'm planning on selling the wheels and front bumper (all are original Alpina). I'm not quite sure which wheels I'm going to go with, but it's nearing winter so I don't need to be in a hurry to decide. Right now I'm thinking either V710's or V718's. I'm also looking to sell/trade the BMW Performance CF strut bar and painted mouldings. It will be getting a new steering wheel from Coby, and I'm also considering the alcantara shift knob. I'm sure there will be lots of other mods down the road.

danewilson77
09-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Looks clean bro. Alpina's aren't for me though, unless you're going to lay some frame.

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Congrats! Very clean car. Mileage, interior color, upcoming changes planned?

100k, 6MT, interior is two-tone black and grey leather with silver CF trim. I still have the original silver cube trim; I'll have to see what I like better.

First off, it's getting new spark plugs, fuel filter, diff fluid, trans fluid, brake fluid, valve cover gasket, Beisan systems vanos kit, cooling system overhaul.

After the maintenance is up to date, I'm planning on selling the wheels and front bumper (all are original Alpina). I'm not quite sure which wheels I'm going to go with, but it's nearing winter so I don't need to be in a hurry to decide. Right now I'm thinking either V710's or V718's. I'm also looking to sell/trade the BMW Performance CF strut bar and painted mouldings. It will be getting a new steering wheel from Coby, and I'm also considering the alcantara shift knob. I'm sure there will be lots of other mods down the road.

:drool:drool:drool

MOAR PICS!

I LOVE Alpina rims, and actually posted a thread awhile back asking if anyone had a ZHP with alpina rims. I am in love with that combo!

Those are the only rims Id replace the 135's with.

I'm glad you like it! I'm actually going to be selling them soon...

How much do those Alpina's weigh?

Not quite sure. I read awhile back that they're quite light. I'll see if I can weigh them once I have the tires taken off. :)

Looks clean bro. Alpina's aren't for me though, unless you're going to lay some frame.

Agreed. Not my style.

johnrando
09-18-2012, 08:38 AM

What does that mean? And BTW, if that's the BMW Perf c/f strut bar, I know quite a few people who want it. Was talking to Jon (jupiterbmw) the other day and I know he does.

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 08:44 AM
What does that mean? And BTW, if that's the BMW Perf c/f strut bar, I know quite a few people who want it. Was talking to Jon (jupiterbmw) the other day and I know he does.

I'm pretty sure he just meant lowering it aggressively. Thanks for the heads-up on the strut bar, Seth already has dibs if he still wants it. If he doesn't want it, I'll contact Jon. :)

Ryans323i
09-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Congrats on the new acquisition! Looks very clean.

BRGcoopahS
09-18-2012, 08:58 AM
If I had the money, I'd buy them right off of you. How much would you sell them for anyway?

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Not sure yet, I have no idea what to ask for them. They seem to be rare, and that is making it hard to gauge what they're worth!

danewilson77
09-18-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm pretty sure he just meant lowering it aggressively.

Yes. Those rims would look completely different, slammed.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

danewilson77
09-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Yes. Those rims would look completely different, slammed.

What I mean is....my opinion of the Alpinas would change completely with car on ground.

Hornung418
09-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Dane...what the hell is up with your sig?

Ben, glad you found a ZHP. Congrats! I'd like to see some different angles of the Alpina front bumper with the rims in the shot.

WOLFN8TR
09-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Congrats. Looks nice!

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Dane...what the hell is up with your sig?

Ben, glad you found a ZHP. Congrats! I'd like to see some different angles of the Alpina front bumper with the rims in the shot.

I'll see what I can do. I probably won't have the Alpina's (or the front bumper, for that matter) on the car for much longer, but I'll see if I can sneak in a quick photoshoot before those things are removed from the vehicle.

JupiterBMW
09-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Not sure yet, I have no idea what to ask for them. They seem to be rare, and that is making it hard to gauge what they're worth!

I see this a lot on other boards... Just something to mention, parts are only 'worth' what someone is willing to pay for them. I see a lot of people posting stuff and 'bumping' their post up for months and months... They continue to say parts are worth X... people have offered Y (less than X)... And stuff never sells...

Its frustrating to see that...

Aaaanyway, back on topic, good luck with the sale of the rims.. I agree, they don't fit the car. Would like to see the front bumper... Another pic from the front or an angle??

Car looks very well cared for otherwise.

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 11:42 AM
I see this a lot on other boards... Just something to mention, parts are only 'worth' what someone is willing to pay for them. I see a lot of people posting stuff and 'bumping' their post up for months and months... They continue to say parts are worth X... people have offered Y (less than X)... And stuff never sells...

Aaaanyway, back on topic, good luck with the sale of the rims.. I agree, they don't fit the car. Would like to see the front bumper... Another pic from the front or an angle??

I'll try to get some pics in the next few days. As for the rims, what I meant was that I just have no idea what to put for an asking price. Once you put that asking price out there, you can always go down, but never up. While rare and in great shape, I realize that they're used rims. I'm just not in a hurry to throw them out on the boards without first doing my due diligence on what I hope someone will be willing to pay for them.

S85FTW
09-18-2012, 11:46 AM

I dont think that is entirely true. From personal experience, I had a set of TE37s sell for my asking price 10 months after posting. Same with my BBS Style 5s, sold for very close to asking price 4 months after listing.

When you are selling high ticket or rare items, the price is going to be high, because realistically, no one wants to take a 50% or greater hit on slightly used parts. It is just finding the right buyer who thinks they are worth it.

Case in point, I had my arqray lip, csl center console, m3 mirrors, csl trunk all listed for about 4 months on E46fanatics, bimmerforums, and here. A TON of lowballers, because lets face it, kids are hopping into e46s and dont even want to pay EBAY prices for quality parts.

CSL trunk sold at a local event for $75 more than I was asking on E46fanatics and bimmerforums, buyer was also a member of both....go figure.
Center console sold for 80% of initial purchase price (not bad for used for 3 months)
Arqray lip sold for 80% of initial purchase price (used 6 months)
M3 mirrors/glass 90% of initial purchase price (never used)

You have to be patient, ignore flaming comments and keep on trucking until you get a reasonable offer.

OH and Nice ZHP OP!

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 11:59 AM
:cheers

cakM3
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Car is looking clean Ben....looking forward to seeing what you have in store for her! :p

midlandtech
09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Congrats... Nice color choice =)

~Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webster
09-18-2012, 01:30 PM
what type of trunk lip spoiler is that?

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 01:32 PM
what type of trunk lip spoiler is that?

Alpina

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
A few more quick pics, as requested:

http://i.imgur.com/8t8HY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7J61g.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/W17or.jpg

BRGcoopahS
09-18-2012, 06:39 PM
The front bumper obviously has to go. Thats pretty obvious right? But hey if you like it then thats cool.

I'm loving the trunk lip though. I wonder if that would look any good on a vert zhp.....

edit: duh... nice pics! Rear looks sexy. Diggin the C/F diffuser.

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Yeah, like I mentioned in my first post, I'm planning on selling it right away.

Crickett
09-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Congrats on your ZHP!! I concur with the others: the Alpina look isn't for me, except for that spoiler! :drool

[ . . . ] I'm also looking to sell/trade the BMW Performance CF strut bar [ . . . ]

[ . . . ] And BTW, if that's the BMW Perf c/f strut bar, I know quite a few people who want it. Was talking to Jon (jupiterbmw) the other day and I know he does.

[ . . . ] Thanks for the heads-up on the strut bar, Seth already has dibs if he still wants it. If he doesn't want it, I'll contact Jon. :)

I know another guy who'd like to join the queue of wanting the CF strut bar. :hi

danewilson77
09-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Idk....if the Alpinas front lip was paint matched with the black Alpina letters, I think it would be bauce. Spose it would be posing though. Whatever....

Hornung418
09-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Hope you have a true ZHP...why would the PO ditch the MTECH2 for a silly non-m bumper with a lip?

Horney...via TT.

BCS_ZHP
09-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Ben,
Very nice ZHP. If Seth, Jon, & Crickett don't buy the CF strut bar, I'm ready immediately with the finances if you should decide to part with it. Wish I had seen this earlier to get higher on the "I want it" list.
Bruce

gr330zhp
09-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Congrats on the car!

Hope you have a true ZHP...why would the PO ditch the MTECH2 for a silly non-m bumper with a lip?

Horney...via TT.

This is what I was thinking exactly! Interior pics??

///Maniak
09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
It's a true ZHP, don't worry. I checked the VIN before I bought it. Eli can vouch for this car; he's seen the previous owner do all the mods to get it where it is today.

It's getting a full detail tomorrow, will post interior pics afterwards. It's pretty unique and is growing on me. I originally wanted alcantara but the leather is nice, too.

gr330zhp
09-18-2012, 07:54 PM
It's a true ZHP, don't worry. I checked the VIN before I bought it. Eli can vouch for this car; he's seen the previous owner do all the mods to get it where it is today.

It's getting a full detail tomorrow, will post interior pics afterwards. It's pretty unique and is growing on me. I originally wanted alcantara but the leather is nice, too.

Oh I believe you, sorry, didnt mean to sound negative there! Cant wait to see the detailed pics! :thumbup

JupiterBMW
09-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Ben,
Very nice ZHP. If Seth, Jon, & Crickett don't buy the CF strut bar, I'm ready immediately with the finances if you should decide to part with it. Wish I had seen this earlier to get higher on the "I want it" list.
Bruce

Where is this Seth guy, and when can I break his ankles... er... meet him... :shifty :biggrin

To be honest, I was speaking to John[rando] and I was amazed at how sexy his BMW performance CF strut bar is... But, I can't justify spending the $500+ that the thing will cost me, so I'll bow out of the line... Congrats crickett, you're now 2nd in line...

While I honestly think its kind of ugly, I'll eventually just get the Dinan one (to go with my desire to build the Dinan car) or perhaps even an OEM ///M bar.

Hermes
09-18-2012, 09:19 PM
^ get the ///M bar, IIRC Derek got rid of his cf bar for the M3 version because it's easier to adjust the coilovers. I almost ordered a ///M bar but ended up buying Chris's, it's a nice piece but the other one is nice too

jayjay_dee
09-19-2012, 07:19 AM
im diggin the front bumper too... Dane's suggestion might make it better too...

///Maniak
09-19-2012, 07:59 AM
It's going to be for sale... ;)

I think Dane's suggestion would look better, but I still prefer the Mtech II bumper.

mimalmo
09-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Indeed, I do know this car very well. Ben, maybe you remember this day from about 3 years ago?

There's Ben's red E36...
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg283/mimalmo/MN%20German%20Car%20Fest%206-13-09/P1010925.jpg

My car when it had the VMRs - you can see the corner of the Alpina lip on Ben's current car that belonged to Daniel at the time.
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg283/mimalmo/MN%20German%20Car%20Fest%206-13-09/P1010923.jpg

UdubBadger
09-19-2012, 11:20 AM
yeah buddy. Glad you found one Ben. :biggrin

///Maniak
09-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Indeed, I do know this car very well. Ben, maybe you remember this day from about 3 years ago?
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg283/mimalmo/MN%20German%20Car%20Fest%206-13-09/P1010923.jpg

Look ma, no rock chips!

///Maniak
09-19-2012, 11:52 AM

I sure do. The gullwing that was there was awesome.

My car when it had the VMRs - you can see the corner of the Alpina lip on Ben's current car that belonged to Daniel at the time.

Look ma, no rock chips!

mimalmo
09-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Better shot of it when it was freshly painted:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=278505&d=1216397659

///Maniak
09-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Just found out that Seth is going to hold off for now on the strut bar, if anyone else is interested, let me know! I'd like to keep it in the family, so I'll see if it sells here before throwing it to the dogs at E46f.

danewilson77
09-19-2012, 02:10 PM
I think Crickett has next dibs.

Oli77
09-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Wait so is this the same bumper as on my car? That's crazy!

Not quite now that I look at it, but we have nice fogs OP and I!

echo46
09-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Very nice

///Maniak
09-19-2012, 06:46 PM
A couple quick iPhone shots from tonight:

http://i.imgur.com/1pq4A.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7hKgN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/roUAp.jpg

mimalmo
09-19-2012, 06:52 PM
http://twilight.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/133939356243.gif

Hornung418
09-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Triple tone seats?

Horney...via TT.

JupiterBMW
09-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I think Crickett has next dibs.

Hold that thought... I am rethinking... OP, you have a PM.

///Maniak
09-20-2012, 05:33 AM
Triple tone seats?

Nope, just two-tone.

Hold that thought... I am rethinking... OP, you have a PM.

Replied~

nike001
09-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Woah, how were those seats done? That looks amazing

Idk how I missed this thread. Moar pics Ben!!

///Maniak
09-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks! I just haven't had time to do a proper photoshoot with my DSLR, but I will sometime soon. I'll probably just wait until next week when the Mtech II bumper is back on.

The seats and door panels were actually re-upholstered with original BMW grey leather (not sure of the exact color). They did a great job!

Here's a quick shot of the engine bay. I just removed the CF engine covers and will be selling them along with some other things.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/76007949/Photo%20Sep%2020%2C%208%2015%2055%20AM.jpg

danewilson77
09-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Pristine.

nike001
09-20-2012, 07:59 AM
How are you liking it so far?

What's that thing on the side of your windshield washer reservoir? Looks like the reservoir has an indent for it. I no haz that device?
EDIT: I may have just figured it out. Is it something for the headlight washers?

Hornung418
09-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Correct,D.

Headlight washer pump.

///Maniak
09-20-2012, 08:12 AM

I'm loving it so far. Not nearly as raw as the M3, but far more comfortable. Can't complain about the handling, either.

What's that thing on the side of your windshield washer reservoir? Looks like the reservoir has an indent for it. I no haz that device?
EDIT: I may have just figured it out. Is it something for the headlight washers?

What horny said :)

danewilson77
09-20-2012, 09:10 AM

Why you no haz?

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6060/6345984948_d6bbac8704.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dw77zhpmafia/6345984948/)
2004 Imola Bay B&W (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dw77zhpmafia/6345984948/) by Dane Wilson77 (http://www.flickr.com/people/dw77zhpmafia/), on Flickr

mimalmo
12-19-2012, 09:21 PM
This thread needs an update Ben. You need to spill the beans on your latest acquisitions.

///Maniak
12-21-2012, 08:43 AM
I was planning on updating it with some pics once everything is installed, I swear!

(I bought new lows and a couple sets of new shoes, pics in the next couple weeks...)