PDA

View Full Version : No wash suggestions

PHZ
10-02-2012, 01:57 PM
I might be buying a condo ( list my detached home in my divorce)... And am finding out that car washing may or may not be allowed. :(

Tragic. I LOVE washing/detailing my car.

With the multitude of "no wash" products out there... Are there any that stand the test of time in terms of not introducing swirls or damaging paint etc etc?

Signed,
Discouraged

webster
10-02-2012, 02:02 PM
optimum no-rinse is tried and true. some people think it makes a better clay lube than a no-rinse wash. i think it works pretty well either way. i know CG has some no-rinse washes as well but i haven't tried them.

zhpnsnv
10-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Not allowed to wash your car?

Change "might" to "will not" in that first sentence, then find a condo that allows basic human functions on their premises, then buy that one.

Or do what Wes said.

PHZ
10-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Not allowed to wash your car?

Change "might" to "will not" in that first sentence, then find a condo that allows basic human functions on their premises, then buy that one.

Or do what Wes said.

not very helpful.. i'm not in a financial position to have a lot of choice in my home purchasing situation.

zhpnsnv
10-02-2012, 02:41 PM
So Wes's feedback is better then.

I've never tried those products but hear good things.

M0nk3y
10-02-2012, 03:49 PM
ONR is your best bet. If people in Cali can use it, you can.

There is virtually no waste water generated....meaning you'll be fine

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

johnrando
10-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Not exactly what you're looking for, but use the CA duster between washes to keep it clean looking. Outside of that, not sure but I have heard ONR is good. Good luck with the changes going on in your life.

nike001
10-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Eff that place.

Find another

PHZ
10-02-2012, 05:04 PM
So Wes's feedback is better then.

I've never tried those products but hear good things.

yes.... thanx

PHZ
10-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Not exactly what you're looking for, but use the CA duster between washes to keep it clean looking. Outside of that, not sure but I have heard ONR is good. Good luck with the changes going on in your life.

Thank you John :)
it's nice to hear.

Good to know about duster... i wasnt sure if those scratched or not... i'll definitely get one.

I''ll have to research ONR a bit more... was hoping someone here was in a similar vein....

and yes everyone, i'd rather not have to go the condo route... not my first choice... but it's the charge in life i have been handed at this time.

PHZ
10-02-2012, 05:24 PM
ONR is your best bet. If people in Cali can use it, you can.

There is virtually no waste water generated....meaning you'll be fine

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

i'm in Cali...

az3579
10-04-2012, 02:56 PM
I use ONR. Of course my car's paint has many imperfections, so I can't comment on whether it easily picks up scratches, but it definitely gets the job done. I have a friend who's fanatical about his paint and he uses it in his condo garage as well. His paint always looks flawless.

PHZ
10-04-2012, 05:24 PM
thank you

llll1l1ll
10-10-2012, 05:50 AM
I live in an apartment complex in the D.C. area that doesn't allow anything fun on the premises. I use Optimum No Rinse and it works great for my situation. I'm just sneaky about it. I wait until management has left for the day and park my car in a way far away parking spot. Anyway, just fill up a spray bottle (like an old Windex bottle that's been thoroughly cleaned) with the stuff per the directions on the ONR bottle. This is your quick detail/clay lube spray. I spray that on first before I use the bucket mix with the sponge on the car. Then fill up a bucket with the ONR mix on the bottle. I usually use a little more ONR than what the bottle recommends. This is your sponge slurry. Then just walk out to your car!

There is very little waste water involved. Hardly any drips on the pavement. It's super easy to use, smells neat, and leaves my car looking shiny!

derbo
10-10-2012, 09:54 AM
How about finding a outside place like a public car wash center that you can do your detailing at?

danewilson77
10-10-2012, 09:57 AM
How about finding a outside place like a public car wash center that you can do your detailing at?

Naaa....then you get young hotties laying all over your car....and I can't have that.

PHZ
10-10-2012, 10:04 AM
I live in an apartment complex in the D.C. area that doesn't allow anything fun on the premises. I use Optimum No Rinse and it works great for my situation. I'm just sneaky about it. I wait until management has left for the day and park my car in a way far away parking spot. Anyway, just fill up a spray bottle (like an old Windex bottle that's been thoroughly cleaned) with the stuff per the directions on the ONR bottle. This is your quick detail/clay lube spray. I spray that on first before I use the bucket mix with the sponge on the car. Then fill up a bucket with the ONR mix on the bottle. I usually use a little more ONR than what the bottle recommends. This is your sponge slurry. Then just walk out to your car!

There is very little waste water involved. Hardly any drips on the pavement. It's super easy to use, smells neat, and leaves my car looking shiny!

thank you for the tip

PHZ
10-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Naaa....then you get young hotties laying all over your car....and I can't have that.

yeah, like i need MORE of that....

danewilson77
10-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by danewilson77 (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?p=209339)<br />
Naaa....then you get young hotties laying all over your car....and I can't have that.<br />
<br />
yeah, like i need MORE of that....

Zactly!

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

UdubBadger
10-10-2012, 03:06 PM
ONR is decent. In the winter I use Chem Guy's No Rinse wash, also works well but u need to know how to use or else u scratch the car up.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

PHZ
10-10-2012, 09:01 PM
ONR is decent. In the winter I use Chem Guy's No Rinse wash, also works well but u need to know how to use or else u scratch the car up.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Therein lies the rub, as it were.

Washburn
10-13-2012, 12:56 PM
" NO WASH"? How rude - I am often called "Wash" in the family :(
Why would anyone want a "no wash" solution?

Hurt :(

danewilson77
10-13-2012, 03:50 PM
" NO WASH"? How rude - I am often called "Wash" in the family :(
Why would anyone want a "no wash" solution?

Hurt :(

Lol.

I'm a fan of Wash!

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

PHZ
10-14-2012, 10:56 AM
well this has gone awry...:facepalm

JKO_ZHP
10-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear about the news. I have a lot of cleaning/detailing products but they all require water or a water wash before application
Hope the Rain-X works as well for you as it did for me. Rainy weather's finally here, going to be useful soon.

PHZ
10-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Thank you!