PDA

View Full Version : Weird creaking noise

alexandre
10-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I stumbled upon this video on YT which replicates a noise I've noticed over the last week or so. Since I've got a parts order shipping to the US that I'll complete and go pick up next week I figured I'd try and find what the fix for this is. Start the video at 0:50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXB-ou8vsAE&feature=player_embedded

Has anyone ever heard/troubleshot that ? FCAB's are new, I have no real history for the rest of the suspension. Noise comes from front left of car. Left tie rods are new. Rear shock mounts on both sides need to be changed. That's pretty much all the suspension work that's been done in the past 60k. Car is 210k mi old, I have history back to 150k.

Cheers!

alexandre
10-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Fixed - it was either RSM's or front brakes. I did both over the weekend and no more funky noise!

danewilson77
10-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Fixed - it was either RSM's or front brakes. I did both over the weekend and no more funky noise!

Great deal.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

alexandre
10-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Actually... Noise never disappeared. Suspecting sway bar endlinks. Will check next time car is in the air.

EDIT: or tie rods. PO replaced the left one with Karlyn stuff :facepalm

danewilson77
10-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Actually... Noise never disappeared. Suspecting sway bar endlinks. Will check next time car is in the air.

EDIT: or tie rods. PO replaced the left one with Karlyn stuff :facepalm

Ok....so you were drunk when you posted above?

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

alexandre
10-23-2012, 10:01 AM
I was high on placebo. lol