PDA

View Full Version : About to pull the triger on suspension parts...

edlvrt
10-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Just venting. I stopped by my mechanic this evening to talk about some suspension work. While driving home and merging onto the interstate, I notice that my clutch was slipping in 5th gear. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!! Just when I had some fun money saved up, another costly repair. 70k miles of my car's history is unknown, so I guess the POs either didn't know how to drive correctly or beat on the clutch. Over $4500 spent in repairs and preventive maintenance (a big chunk of that was A/C repair) since I bought the car last July, and not a penny towards mods. Kinda bummed, but I still love this car

Stu
10-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. That's always a bummer when the clutch goes - such an expensive repair, such a hassle to do on your own, especially without a lift. That's one thing I don't want to touch. Too many things can go wrong on the install, and it's not a good day if you found out you did something wrong on the install and need to redo everything again.

What suspension work did you have in mind?

Newjack
10-10-2012, 06:09 AM
I haven't really gotten the chance to do some of the more expensive mods on my car because of maintenance items. It just makes those expensive mods that much nicer when you finally get them on.

On a side note, now you know your clutch is good for many miles to come. That's a little peace of mind.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

edlvrt
10-10-2012, 06:29 AM
On a side note, now you know your clutch is good for many miles to come. That's a little peace of mind.

True.

I had in mind Koni Sport shocks and struts along with new CABs and tie rods. The bushing are shot so they will be replaced when the shop does the clutch. I'll wait a bit on purchasing the shocks and tie rods and eventually install them myself.

Ryans323i
10-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Bummer. I think all of us have dealt with that at some point or another. Still doesn't make it fun. Like Rob said, at least you wont have to worry about that expensive repair for quite a few miles. Plenty of time to save up again.

Btw, the suspension you have in mind sounds great! Just getting the CAB's put in when the clutch gets done will make a big difference in your every day driving. No more death grip on the steering wheel when stopping!

johnrando
10-10-2012, 07:08 AM
+1. And, the good news is it's a great car w/o mods.