PDA

View Full Version : dead stock resonator

Jlastor
10-25-2012, 10:25 AM
So my car started making some weird sound, actually someone asked if my car was supercharged :facepalm But yeah, it sounds like a huge exhaust leak. Went to the muffler shop and they told my I had a blown resonator. I have ebay headers and a TSE3-L with stock resonators.

I am considering replacing both resonators with either Magnaflow resonators, o a Magnaflow muffler (kepping the TSE3-L). But I have no experience whats so ever in custom exhausts. All previous cars have had exhaust but none custom.

So my question is, do I need an x-pipe? H-pipe? None? Whats the diffrence? Pros and cons?

I just read a thread about using a Magnaflow muffler that x-pipe inside, and I kinda like the idea. My car is loud right now, so if in the process of replacing the blown resonator I can lower a bit the loudness that would be great!

Thanks guy!

Hornung418
10-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Just weld a three inch pipe with a resonator in the middle with two Y pipes on both sides and call it done. Should be cheap and you'll probably find some extra power. Make sure the Y has a megaphone as close as possible to the headers.

nike001
10-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Take the resonator out - add x-pipe. Call it a day