PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing/Squeaking Noise

JKO_ZHP
10-25-2012, 02:41 PM
I just had my front rotors and brake pads replaced with new OEM ones and also did balance & alignment.

On the 20-mile drive back, I noticed a few things:
Right before the vehicle comes to a complete stop, there is a loud rubbing/groaning noise coming from the front. I can feel it too, just barely.
Braking gently while driving at super slow speeds causes the brakes to squeak, a higher pitch than before when it was just due to the pads wearing thin.

And as far as the alignment goes, it's still pulling slightly to the right.
And when I'm at Chik-Fil-A getting togo, my foot on the brake feels a little vibration. I had this problem before in my '05 325Ci and it eventually led to rough idles and dipping at low RPMs...

What's wrong with her? :help

danewilson77
10-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't know. It almost sounds like the mechanic contaminated the pads.

JKO_ZHP
10-25-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm going back to that place to get my strut bar and intake installed. I trust them completely with mods but I guess not so much with maintenance now.....I know they do excellent work (their shelves are full of awards and trophies from numerous car shows) but this was the first time I went to them for maintenance work.

I'll have them check it again.

johnrando
10-25-2012, 03:55 PM
What place is it?

JKO_ZHP
10-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Impex Motorsports in Rosemead (Temple City) on Valley Blvd.
They have decked out E92 M3's coming by all the time, and some of those guys are big shots at the local BMW dealership :drool

telijah
10-26-2012, 05:14 AM
If you find my post from a few months back, I had the same problems with my brakes. I admit, I bought some very cheap pads, but not new rotors, and for the first couple of days, I got weird noises when braking hard from higher speeds. All seems good now, but took about a week before my confidence rose in my pad choice.