PDA

View Full Version : FS (SOLD): Gruppe M intake

UdubBadger
11-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Came on my car - mafia owned by Eli
Going for a different look-feel-sound now, time to part ways with this.

Will clean once removed and sale includes the blue hose technologies piece you see in pic as well as intake and filter.

$350 plus shipping and paypal if applicable.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/07/une4u4a8.jpg

UdubBadger
11-06-2012, 10:00 AM
I'll do $300 (+shipping/fees) if purchased today by 5pm CST

danewilson77
11-06-2012, 10:22 AM
How about $200 + shipping prior to 1400 CST?

ryankokesh
11-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Wish I had some extra change...:rolleyes

UdubBadger
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
How about $200 + shipping prior to 1400 CST?

I can ship today but only for $300 plus fees. If not its going back up to $350

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

09mageec
11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I bought one off some on here a couple years back. I recently took it off because there was a piece missing(didn't realize this when i put it on because I was so pumped to hurry and get it on there). This caused it to sit incorrectly in the engine bay. It was pushing up against my coolant housing when things in there were heating up significantly. I now have a slow leak right where the housing connects to the radiator. UPSETTING, but that's what I get for rushing things I guess. Anyway, yours looks in PRIMO condition and I am by no means trying to deture anyone from making this purchase. Just telling a sad story lol...:facepalm

///Maniak
11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
PM'd you

cakM3
11-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Hope you get this Ben otherwise I'll be jumping on this by next week ;)

UdubBadger
11-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Please don't wait till next week! :eeps

Still for sale. Not looking for trades either.

HokieZHP
11-06-2012, 06:56 PM
For anyone thinking about getting this intake, DO IT! I was unsure about getting mine a couple months ago but I'm glad I did. Sound is awesome and those who have driven my car notice a bit of a difference. Not to mention it looks cool!

UdubBadger
11-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks Chris. I love the way it looks and sounds but it's time for a change and with the headers I'm hoping the end result is even BETTER than this intake. :)

UdubBadger
11-06-2012, 07:07 PM
And actually - it's sold.

mimalmo
11-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Whoever bought it got the best sounding intake that also has a very unique design for heat shielding.

Enjoy.

UdubBadger
11-07-2012, 06:39 PM
I happen to agree

ryankokesh
11-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Safe and sound in its new home :)

http://i.imgur.com/JpEL2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danewilson77
11-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Werd. Tez de sez.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

jjcools
11-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Very nice!

BCS_ZHP
11-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Why is the center snorkel still there, no functionality so remove for cleaner look??

UdubBadger
11-17-2012, 09:19 PM
still pushes cooler air into the engine bay... not hurting though yes its not "functional"

Hornung418
11-17-2012, 09:33 PM
still pushes cooler air into the engine bay... not hurting though yes its not "functional"

It does nothing unless it's sealed off in the OEM fashion.

Sent from my GSIII, bitches.

ryankokesh
11-17-2012, 09:44 PM
I dunno, not hurtin anything. Whatdya mean sealed off?

danewilson77
11-18-2012, 04:58 AM
I dunno, not hurtin anything. Whatdya mean sealed off?

Sealed off from hot engine bay air...I think is what he means.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

UdubBadger
11-18-2012, 06:51 AM
It does nothing unless it's sealed off in the OEM fashion.

So you're telling me no air makes its way through the grille up and out of that plastic piece? Even if at 70mph?

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

danewilson77
11-18-2012, 09:11 AM
The oem intake is sealed....thus only drawing air/taking a suction from outside of the engine bay....whereas my AFE is not sealed, so it would take in some air from the engine bay in addition to outside air.

I don't thing the stock airbox would take any air at all from the engin bay.

Hornung418
11-18-2012, 10:03 AM
So you're telling me no air makes its way through the grille up and out of that plastic piece? Even if at 70mph?

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

No more than if it wasn't there. In the sealed OEM intake fashion, the air has two options the headlight and the grilles. That forces air to be ingested through the grilles at any speed. That piece of plastic does nothing for any open filter. And if you think it does, you're crazy.

If you take it off, you'll see that air can still enter the engine bay and would probably cool a wider area than being dispersed directly onto a heat shield.

UdubBadger
11-18-2012, 11:36 AM

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

No more than if it wasn't there. In the sealed OEM intake fashion, the air has two options the headlight and the grilles. That forces air to be ingested through the grilles at any speed. That piece of plastic does nothing for any open filter. And if you think it does, you're crazy.

If you take it off, you'll see that air can still enter the engine bay and would probably cool a wider area than being dispersed directly onto a heat shield.

well if logic serves me correctly - which it usually does... usually being the key word here - wouldn't the amount that gets through the plastic part be possibly somewhat cooler (in theory) than the air just coming in and smacking into the radiator/engine? There is a small part of that side that is exposed so some cooler air could make its way in there potentially.

I mean I totally understand what you are saying regarding a closed system (even though I'm starting to not enjoy the way you tend to address discontentment with certain things), but my point is that it's not 100% useless if you see even just a 1% improvement than without it being there. Most of the N54 DCI's do the same thing and even without a heat shield so somewhere in some design somebody is seeing something to tell them that having that piece left on the car is beneficial.

And then again, if its not hurting anything either - who cares if its on or not? :dunno

Hornung418
11-18-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm not here to shit on the thread, it should probably be closed since it's sold.

But...examine the part while it's off the car, explore the piece that it attaches to...You will see no type of "Ram Air" devices built into any part of the snorkel. It works on the suction principle alone. Dane's car has the AFE scoops, those would help guide or channel air into the snorkel.

Please make a thread about your frankintake. Interested to see what you came up with.

danewilson77
11-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Closed. Congrats on sale. Looking forward to carrying on civil discussion in a new thread.