PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Booster V2 (SBBM0001S)

WOLFN8TR
11-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Found this on eBay! It's for a Manual transmission, SBBM001S. I checked Bavarian and it does work for our ZHP's. Get it before someone else does! It's at $99 and FREE shipping!

Bavarian Link (http://www.bavauto.com/fland.asp?part=SBBM0001S)

Sprint Booster V2 for Sale on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/261130867551?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649)

"Very linear and more responsive than stock. This is how the feel should have been from the factory. The driving sensation is very similar to BMW M throttle settings, minus the power".

PHZ
11-20-2012, 10:06 AM
according to ebay auction it is NOT compatible with a 2004 330ci...

WOLFN8TR
11-20-2012, 10:14 AM
according to ebay auction it is NOT compatible with a 2004 330ci...

I wouldn't trust eBay. Click the Bavarian link above ^^. It does fit your car, get it!

To add this product to your cart:
1. Please select a year and model so we can confirm that this product fits your car:
Year BMW Model Change BMW
Confirmed! We have confirmed that this product DOES FIT your 2004 330Ci.
Part number: SBBM0001S
Price: $289.95

WOLFN8TR
11-20-2012, 09:39 PM
READ THIS...

Funnily enough, they are cross-suitable. The Auto version simply is less sensitive than the manual version as there is no clutch control element to help you keep it under control.
However, the manufacture recommends fitting an auto SB to a manual car for any driver who finds the manual SB on a manual car a bit too crazy.
I have done the opposite and fitted a manual SB to my auto. I am used to SB's on my BMW's so I have no issue with controlling it. Alot of people have done the same with BMW's and Mercs from whai i have seen on other forums.
I have never tried an auto SB, but from what the manufacturers themselves claim,(or at least what I read a few years ago on their website) the auto version just gives less of an increase in sensitivity than the manual version.I guess this may translate to a slower reaction, or maybe not. What I do know is that the SB is quite a simple device, and so it is very hard to imagine it being "clever" enough to do anything other than alter the response time of the throttle.

It doesn't stop the box from changing at its set point, but as you know, our autos change later in the rev range the harder you are accelerating. So if you keep a light foot you will shift early and if you press hard you will change later. The SB doesn't change this (it can't) but as you are more likely to be under harder acceleration for less pedal travel with the SB, you will notice your shifts do come in later. I have no problem though - when I don't want to drive fast I simply don't push the pedal as much as did without the SB and it shifts as normal, just with a quicker initial response.
In short, I absolutely love it. The car feels like a beast when I floor it and like normal when being light footed.

Sprint Booster- Is it the right one? (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?8216-QUICK-HELP-did-I-get-the-WRONG-(or-fake)-sprint-booster)

WOLFN8TR
11-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Bump- 13 hrs left and still at $100!

Crickett
11-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Bump- 13 hrs left and still at $100!

Sssssshhhhh! No one is supposed to remember this one!!

WOLFN8TR
11-21-2012, 10:12 PM
:thumbsup

Crickett
11-22-2012, 08:40 AM
So . . . who got it? :shifty

cakM3
11-22-2012, 08:44 AM
I got it Crickett....came in at the last moment (10 seconds left in the auction) to snag this sucker.....Sport button mod going to happen now...:thumbsup

Sorry....had to get this for my ZHP!

Crickett
11-22-2012, 09:06 AM
I got it Crickett....came in at the last moment (10 seconds left in the auction) to snag this sucker.....Sport button mod going to happen now...:thumbsup

Sorry....had to get this for my ZHP!

Awesome, congrats!! Good luck with the Sport button mod!

cakM3
11-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks Crickett!

After reviewing the DIY seems pretty much straightforward! I just need to get the additional wires so I can get a quality job done on this :thumbsup

I'm comfortable doing electrical work as I have been trained by the Navy to do this type of work....I consider this "fun" work...;) Looking forward to starting this mod :biggrin

Thanks Gary for the heads up on this auction!!! :thumbsup

WOLFN8TR
11-23-2012, 09:17 PM
NICE!...:roundel

Glad to help out, enjoy it Charlie.

cakM3
11-24-2012, 11:24 AM
William,

Once I get my Sprint Booster I'll be working on my mod :thumbsup

Will make an awesome winter project....wait! I already have another winter project....dang :) guess I'm an addicted modder ;)

wsmeyer
11-24-2012, 11:32 AM
William,

Once I get my Sprint Booster I'll be working on my mod :thumbsup

Will make an awesome winter project....wait! I already have another winter project....dang :) guess I'm an addicted modder ;)

:thumbup:

It's pretty straight forward but if you have any questions just ask

cakM3
11-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks William :thumbsup If I have any I will :)