PDA

View Full Version : Christmas/Hanukkah List

rvariverguy
11-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Saw these posters today and thought they were cool, but there's no E46/ZHP yet. Someone needs to get one made!

http://manualdesigns.bigcartel.com

What's on your holiday wishlist? How about a top 10 for gifts under $150?

nike001
11-20-2012, 07:34 PM
My list is set. Papa's getting me a handygun & probably a torque wrench, and I asked for an iPad from my mom & step-dad.. since they won't get me any car parts :shifty

M0nk3y
11-20-2012, 08:24 PM
I asked for a cordless impact wrench and F1 2012.

If I actually asked what I wanted, my parents would probably think I'm insane (read: more car parts)

JupiterBMW
11-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Haha, agreed completely. The only car parts I asked for were the e90 m sport shift knob/e-brake handle, and the aux input kit. Kind of hard to ask for the pricey mods, my family doesn't spend money like that...

I also asked for some detailing products, and a gift card for Starbucks... :biggrin my total weakness...

Sent from my hybrid iPhone 4/4S... :shifty

danewilson77
11-21-2012, 04:04 AM
I asked that I'm able to get my wife and kids what they want this year.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

JupiterBMW
11-21-2012, 06:35 AM
I asked that I'm able to get my wife and kids what they want this year.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Roger that buddy, that's the best gift one can ask for. My family and I, in efforts to skip the craziness of shopping and spend more time just being together, opted to do a secret santa style this year for my Mom, brothers, and my wife. :) Of course, we all get to buy stuff for the baby. :biggrin

Ryans323i
11-21-2012, 07:20 AM
I asked for a super charger and a Browning Buckmark. Got the Buckmark a little early, and I don't think the super charger is happening. I'm ok with that.......for now.

If there's anything under $150 that Kyle and I want, we usually just go ahead and buy it. But he knows I'm always down for BMW odds and ends.

UdubBadger
11-21-2012, 07:49 AM
pardon the jew for asking a dumb question and potentially threadpooping but doesn't asking for something (having a list) sort of defeat the purpose of this whole thing?

nike001
11-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Defeat the purpose of what?

toddness
11-21-2012, 08:23 AM
As I understand it, those celebrating Christmas are taught to craft wishlists at a very early age. As they get older, the wishlists tend to narrow as the items become more expensive. As they become more independent, it becomes a time to reward oneself, or procure something for oneself on behalf of their significant other. As they have children, they teach them to the craft wishlists and the cycle continues.

ryankokesh
11-21-2012, 08:31 AM
I try to make a pretty exhaustive amazon list (read: all the little stuff I find during the year that I want but don't buy so I can pretend to be fiscally responsible) so people can check it if they want to. Even if they don't get me something off it, I feel like it gives them a good idea of the kinds of things I'd like. Maybe it defeats the purpose, but I feel like people appreciate it, so I keep doing it. :dunno

Hornung418
11-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Asked for new threads and new shoes. Getting an impact wrench from grandpa.

Sent from my GSIII, bitches.

ryankokesh
11-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Impact wrench seems to be a biggie this year. Top of my list too!

Also, if anyone knows where to get a Waffle House mug, that'd make my day!

Ryans323i
11-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Impact wrench seems to be a biggie this year. Top of my list too!

Also, if anyone knows where to get a Waffle House mug, that'd make my day!

@ Waffle House maybe?

das boots
11-21-2012, 10:54 AM
My list is set. Papa's getting me a handygun & probably a torque wrench, and I asked for an iPad from my mom & step-dad.. since they won't get me any car parts :shifty

Got myself an early X'mas gift a .40 cal Beretta & a AR 15.

UdubBadger
11-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Defeat the purpose of what?

The purpose of giving a gift. I mean I'm not naive I know what this world is and how it operates on a constant personal want want want, I'm not excluded. But a list that says hey I want this an that is kinda like a cheat sheet for people to slack off on knowing you and what you like/dislike. I've never asked for stuff in that capacity, nor do I ever expect a gift to be given to me by anyone for any reason. Maybe it's a sick self reliance tactic or something but if I need it or want it I save for it and get it myself. As far as giving gifts, I'm not huge on passing out my friendship monetarily to people but I love giving things when I can. But I have never asked what someone wants or worked off a list, that's just being lazy in my opinion. If my wife wants something she will poke at it - not intentionally - but as just conversation. I know to pay attention and with friends, I use my conversations with them as clues and guides to say hey they will like this.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but whatever, just curious about others views since maybe it was just a factor of my semi-limited Christmas exposure.

Might explain why I always get weird, out of nowhere gifts from everyone for the holidays andy birthday (28th) though. :dunno

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

terraphantm
11-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Don't really celebrate anything at this time of year... But if there are any good deals I might take the opportunity to get myself some sways.

webster
11-21-2012, 05:20 PM
i asked for an orbital polisher and BMW glovebox flashlight.

ryankokesh
11-21-2012, 07:59 PM
@ Waffle House maybe?

No waffle houses up this way :(

I know, it's tragic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryans323i
11-22-2012, 06:45 AM
No waffle houses up this way :(

I know, it's tragic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG. Not. Possible.

UdubBadger
11-22-2012, 07:52 AM
very possible.

We have IHOP, Denny's and a plethora of pancake houses... no waffle house.

Dis ain't the durrrrty South

Ryans323i
11-23-2012, 07:25 AM
Waffle House is durrrty too.

johnrando
11-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Love Waffle House, none out here though. I like the grits/cheesy eggs/cinnamon raisin toast.

Torxuvin
11-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Love Waffle House, none out here though. I like the grits/cheesy eggs/cinnamon raisin toast.

Mmmm cheesy eggs and cinnamon raisin toast. Win

Johal E32
11-28-2012, 09:31 PM
No car stuff for me. It cost around $2600 for all the recent stuff ~tires, wheels, inspection 2 (diy'd), then a shop charged me 5 hundy for a ssk install, diff fluid change, tranny fluid change, brakes bled and flushed.

I think I just want some more clothes, but I am not sure..