PDA

View Full Version : Finally narrowed it down

Mr Paul
11-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Several months ago my trunk lid trunk release switch quit working. The key fob and cabin switch would still pop the trunk without issue. Tonight I started digging into it and have figured out all of the wiring is fine but the switch itself is no good.

The switch itself is small and only says Burgess on it without a part number. Does anybody know where one of these can be found? My other option is to buy somebody's used trim piece that goes over the license plate and cut out the switch. Any suggestions?

LivesNearCostco
11-25-2012, 08:59 PM
It doesn't show up in RealOEM.com?

gr330zhp
11-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Mine was having the same issue. In the beginning I took it apart and found the switch was faulty. After a few years of just using the key fob, I ordered a new trim piece altogether with the switch.

As I went to take it apart, I modified the switch on the original piece to work, basically just bent the plastic trigger to touch better. Put it all back together and it works I would say 70% of the time. Sent my new piece to get painted and am going to install it this winter.

Mr Paul
11-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Mine was having the same issue. In the beginning I took it apart and found the switch was faulty. After a few years of just using the key fob, I ordered a new trim piece altogether with the switch.

As I went to take it apart, I modified the switch on the original piece to work, basically just bent the plastic trigger to touch better. Put it all back together and it works I would say 70% of the time. Sent my new piece to get painted and am going to install it this winter.

That's kind of what I figured I would have to do. I disassembled the switch but everything looks like it is making good contact. Thanks for the info.