PDA

View Full Version : Temperature panel - AUTO button LED won't turn off

Alobi
11-24-2012, 08:58 AM
This is a weird problem that I haven't seen mentioned. The other day I was randomly pressing buttons on the radio/temperature panel (don't ask me why...) and I ended up pressing the temp AUTO button and one of the fan speed buttons at the same time. Now, the AUTO button's green LED won't turn off... The actual AUTO setting can still be toggled on and off, but the LED stays on constantly when the fan is on (aka when the fans are off the LED is off, but when the fans are on the AUTO LED is on, regardless of whether AUTO is actually active or not - does that make sense?). I've turned the air off and on to no avail, and I've even unplugged the battery for a couple hours while I was working on her the other day.

Anyone heard of something like this? It's not a "problem" per se... just annoying as hell :dunno

328ioc
11-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Try pressing the "hi middle low" buttons to the left, aka set it to blow air on your feet that should take it off auto.

I believe if the light is on but the fan speed is user picked it will still auto select what zone to blow out of which is what it sounds like you are experiencing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Pip
11-24-2012, 09:57 AM
^+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alobi
11-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a shot and report back.

az3579
11-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Pressing auto will do a few things.
1) It will automatically adjust the fan speed.
2) It will automatically adjust what vents blow what temperature air. Different vents blow different temperatures when in auto.

If you press one of the buttons that controls where the air comes out from (feet, face, both), then the fan speed will still be automatic.
If you press the fan speed button instead, the fan speed will no longer be automatic, and instead will use whatever setting you choose. The vent output will remain auto.

I think for auto to be disabled, you'd have to have a manual vent output selection and a manual speed selection, if I remember correctly. I'd have to check since I always keep it on full auto all the time, so I don't remember what it did the last time I used manual settings.

Alobi
11-24-2012, 12:10 PM
So uh... Yea that was it haha. You can tell how often I use those buttons. Thanks everyone.

How many unimaginably stupid questions am I allowed per year? :facepalm

az3579
11-24-2012, 12:10 PM

45,326. You have used one, so it's now 45,325. :biggrin
There are no stupid questions!

Alobi
11-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Pressing auto will do a few things.
1) It will automatically adjust the fan speed.
2) It will automatically adjust what vents blow what temperature air. Different vents blow different temperatures when in auto.

If you press one of the buttons that controls where the air comes out from (feet, face, both), then the fan speed will still be automatic.
If you press the fan speed button instead, the fan speed will no longer be automatic, and instead will use whatever setting you choose. The vent output will remain auto.

I think for auto to be disabled, you'd have to have a manual vent output selection and a manual speed selection, if I remember correctly. I'd have to check since I always keep it on full auto all the time, so I don't remember what it did the last time I used manual settings.

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

328ioc
11-24-2012, 12:39 PM

I think everyone in the world gets 42. Lol

Glad you got it figured out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2