PDA

View Full Version : Question on LED bulbs

az3579
12-02-2012, 04:31 PM
So my quest for LED bulbs is a very long one. I have purchased LED bulbs waaaay back from automotiveled.com (saw a posting on E46Fanatics a while back). At the time they were the only bulbs I can be sure of that were error- and hyperflash-free. They did turn out to be just that, but I am having a major issue with them: they aren't nearly as bright as I want them to be. In bright sunlight, you can't see my turn signal on at all.

I'm on the prowl again and am seeing more options that claim to be error and hyperflash free. The problem is, with the descriptions for most of the other bulbs I'm looking at, they may say "error-free" but not say anything about the hyperflash.

Does anyone know if the CANBUS system in our cars would cause a hyperflash even with no bulb out errors if I don't install separate load resistors? I'm looking for something that has load resistors built-in, which many sites don't even make mention of, so I want to know that if I install an "error-free" bulb, if it would blink fast or not. For me, cutting into my harness is not an option, so that's why I want to narrow it down before I go buying bulbs only to find out that I would need load resistors.

az3579
12-04-2012, 09:29 PM
*cricket*

derbo
12-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Botond,

My friend sells LEDs for automotive needs. I'll check with him if he has turn signal LED bulbs as that seems to be your most major concern. If he has some "error free/hyperflash" I will let you know. Hopefully I'll see him in the next 2 weeks to check it out.

az3579
12-05-2012, 03:32 AM
Botond,

My friend sells LEDs for automotive needs. I'll check with him if he has turn signal LED bulbs as that seems to be your most major concern. If he has some "error free/hyperflash" I will let you know. Hopefully I'll see him in the next 2 weeks to check it out.

Thank you! I do have bulbs but I want to replace them with something much brighter as these aren't bright enough. I appreciate your help. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

derbo
12-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Unfortunately he said his supplier doesn't have hyperflash free bulbs. He has no specifics that say hyper-flash free. I believe that most error-free bulbs use load resistance to mimick a regular halogen bulb. I will have to ask him if he has any for me to try out and I'll report back. I wont be able to check it out till perhaps next weekend (15th)

az3579
12-08-2012, 07:00 AM
Yeah that's the issue with these bulbs. There are some that are advertised as having the load resistors built into the bulb "module". This is what I'm looking for, the ones with built-in resistors.

Thanks for the help, Derek; if he has some you could try then we might be on to something here...