PDA

View Full Version : Radio cutting out

nike001
12-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Hey guys,

Today after class I was summoned to go pick up my sister after school to take her somewhere. I pulled up and sat (30min early) and hung out. About the time her school got out, I started the car in prep to get the car a little warmer and de-fog the windows (:shifty)

I had my iPhone hooked up to my stereo and I had one of my favorite songs playing..so of course it was kind of loud. Then when I hit defrost, the music would cut in and out.

I noticed it doing it during bass-ey sections is when it would cut out. I did a couple tests to make sure it wasn't my phone or radio.

(idle)
Music low/defrost on (high fan speed) - nothing
Music high/ defrost off - nothing
Music high/defrost on (high fan speed) - bingo

(driving)
Music low/defrost on (high fan speed) - nothing
Music high/ defrost off - nothing
Music high/defrost on (high fan speed) - nothing

Since I never sit and hang out at idle (cooling system preservation FTW), I never experienced this before.

I have had other problems electrically and I've been thinking that it was the voltage regulator. Now this problem today seemed to have further solidified my hypothesis.

I plan on getting an amp/sub combo so I'm thinking before that.. I should probably change the voltage regulator if it's bad. Since I don't need that stuff cutting out when it demands power.

BavarianZHP
12-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Yep, go ahead and check your voltage regulator with your multimeter... Any pics of the sis? jk.

nike001
12-10-2012, 12:54 PM
She's 15 :rofl

BavarianZHP
12-10-2012, 11:21 PM
I meant, "Any pics of the sissy voltage regulator?" I guess it somehow got cut off! LOL