PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2005 BMW 330i ZHP Silver Grey, Alcantara, Steptronic, 85K miles, $12,992, VA

BavarianZHP
12-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Not mine,

It's located on the east cost, specifically in 7434 Richmond Hwy Alexandria, VA 22306.

One owner, clean carfax, nav, seems to have everything except cold weather package. I think it's worth looking into. Especially since it's dealer owned (cleaned up and everything) with a small warranty (albeit beware of dealer fees!!!). You probably can haggle the price down even further...

http://sheehyhonda.com/Alexandria-VA/For-Sale/Used/BMW/3-Series/2005-330i-Gray-Car/15089126/

Torxuvin
12-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Not a bad price from a dealer. Guess they don't know it's "special". :rofl

BCS_ZHP
12-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Sheehy is a mega-dealer in the DC area, can't really say whether this one is good or bad but I'm jaded a bit because the Sheehy family did cut a friend of my son's father about 4 years ago after he had been with them for over 20 years. They probably took it in on trade, will try to sell it for about a month, and then it will go to the auction. If anyone is interested in this one, I'm local to it and could go PPI it for you.

BavarianZHP
12-24-2012, 12:01 PM
It's been marked down to $12700 now. If someone wants an auto...

ELCID86
01-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Now priced at $11,893. My 20 YO son and I took this one for a test drive today. Car looks relatively good, a few scratches, etc on the paint. Inside is clean. The washer fluid indicator kept lighting up and going off. The reservoir had been filled to overflowing (there was a puddle of fluid on the ground under it, so I'm not sure if there is a leak or not). The window washer would not work either (wouldn't squirt). Car drove well. Not quite sure about some of the vacuum sounds or possible ticking under the hood (VANOS?). Didn't really have time to investigate--(I was in a bit of a rush as I had to get home to complete a refi on my house--2.75% :thumbup.)
My son didn't have a real good feeling about the car for some reason, but said it may just be he remembers all the work we had to do on his 330Ci when we bought it and didn't want to go through all of that again. The price is certainly attractive but would want a Bimmer expert on hand to give it the once over or take it in for a PPI somewhere.
At least I can now say I've driven a ZHP! Not sure if this is the one for me. Perhaps if they would have made a better offer on the 330Ci trade I would have been more interested--that and getting the PPI done.

BCS_ZHP
01-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Shawn,
If you're NVA based like me, give me a call (my number is in the personal section) and I can help you with my "free" PPI.
Bruce

ELCID86
01-06-2013, 06:16 AM
Thanks BCS. I'm down in Stafford. Don't see your number, but can PM you if I decide to move forward.

Mtnman
01-06-2013, 08:27 AM
The washer fluid pooling and not pumping sounds like the common issue of the pump being dead. When it goes, it also leaks the fluid out. It costs $30 for an oem one, and can be changed out in about 20 minutes, including 15 minutes to drink a beer.

Ticking underhood is somewhat normal, but i dont want to say its nothing to worry about until i heard it myself. My zhp ticked even when oil was full. But im sure you are aware there is some normal ticking, then there can be abnormal ticking. Bruce would know the difference.