PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you heard of these guys?

Junior2552
12-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Has anybody on here ever used Fortune Auto coilovers? I got in touch with a new company called Broadway Static and they partnered up with Fortune to build my new coilovers for the zhp vert. I love these things, and I'm doing a write up this week, but I was curious if any of you guys have looked into them? Definitely worth a look; same price as KW's and use a linear spring of your choice from Swift!

mimalmo
12-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Wait, if they are the same price as KW's, why didn't you get the track-proven, lifetime-warrantied, stainless steel bodied KW's?

danewilson77
12-29-2012, 10:53 AM
I assumed he was wanting to "forge new ground".

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Junior2552
12-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Wait, if they are the same price as KW's, why didn't you get the track-proven, lifetime-warrantied, stainless steel bodied KW's?

Because I went with the track-proven, corrosion-resistant coilovers that don't use a crappy progressive spring.

I had KW's. They were okay for the amount of money that I spent on them. Springs weren't heavy enough for the dampers, no camber plates, no end-links, and the customer service is very personal with Broadway/Fortune. They use Swift linear springs, and let you build your own coilover. KW is a big-name company and that's why their coils cost what they do.

Edit: Also, I was impressed with the over-sized piston that's used in the coil; the better valving promotes more comfort when using a stiffer spring and harder shock.

Junior2552
12-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Yeah, Dane, I'm promoting a new company. I'm not forging any NEW ground; the company has been around for a little while now, and Fortune is constantly at track events. But Broadway is a new company, and I enjoy promoting the little guy when they make a product that is actually WORTH the money. They're not $1,000 BC Racing coilovers. They're hand-build to order here.

danewilson77
12-29-2012, 11:53 AM
I just meant that you were doing something that typically isn't done....hence forging new ground....aka going with a new company.

Junior2552
12-29-2012, 12:26 PM
I just meant that you were doing something that typically isn't done....hence forging new ground....aka going with a new company.

Yeah I know! I wasn't trying to be rude, haha. Just explaining my reasoning behind it. They've been very good to me, and very helpful, and they're very knowledgeable guys. They're on other BMW forums, and as far as I know, I'm the first one using them on a ZHP, or an E46 cabrio for that matter! Cool stuff, eh?

danewilson77
12-29-2012, 12:48 PM
In for review brotha.

Junior2552
12-29-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm on it. They'll be on the ZHP when I get a chance to go to the garage. It'll be up here in no time. Also, I have to wait for a relatively dry day; these Ohio winters aren't exactly ideal for dropped convertibles...

Avetiso
12-29-2012, 07:30 PM
If these are any good they will be on my list. Always felt that KW was a little pricey given the features.

Vas
12-29-2012, 08:29 PM
+1 for Fortune Auto coilovers.

Quick video in regards to their coilovers

http://vimeo.com/50737390

M0nk3y
12-29-2012, 08:54 PM
What spring rates did you end up going with?

You end up with SA or DA shocks?

Never heard this company before...interesting.

330i ZHP
12-31-2012, 01:34 AM
I will be curious to see how these work with a heavy bmw instead of the light jdm cars shown in the video

why not AST with the specs you wanted - or Cross???

330i ZHP
12-31-2012, 01:37 AM
assembled in US - where are the parts manufactured? 1 yr warranty only?

Good luck OP

Junior2552
01-02-2013, 04:52 PM
What spring rates did you end up going with?

You end up with SA or DA shocks?

Never heard this company before...interesting.

I ended up going with 14k Swifts. I hadn't heard of them either until Fortune literally forwarded me to them. Bunch of great guys, and I will definitely put up a review of these things with an install thread.

Vas
01-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I contacted them for a set as well.

M0nk3y
01-02-2013, 07:51 PM
I ended up going with 14k Swifts. I hadn't heard of them either until Fortune literally forwarded me to them. Bunch of great guys, and I will definitely put up a review of these things with an install thread.

What pound/in rate is this equivalent to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior2552
01-05-2013, 04:12 PM
What pound/in rate is this equivalent to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick update, I actually switched to a 16k/18k set up. I know it sounds excessive, but for the length of the spring and the type of driving I do, it worked perfectly. The ride is impeccable, it feels a little stiffer than stock but definitely outperforms the stock suspension (and every other coilover I've ridden on) by light years.

Monkey, the 18k's are about 1000lb springs, and the fronts are about 900lb. I have the dampers set at mid-way and I will most likely back them out a little bit. I'm in the middle of doing a DIY and a review on these coilovers. There aren't a lot of install How-To's for the cabrios, so I thought I would do one. I have about two dozen pictures to share and plenty of good insight on these. Look for the thread in a few hours!