PDA

View Full Version : '04 ZHP 4-dr, 6-spd, Blk, nat brwn interior, blk cube, 56k miles, $14995, atlanta GA

BavarianZHP
01-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Saw this on autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2005&zip=98105&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&sellerTypes=b&mmt=%5BBMW%5B330I%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modelCode1=330I&sortBy=mileageASC&makeCode1=BMW&startYear=2003&showcaseOwnerId=72505&searchRadius=0&bodyStyleCodes=SEDAN&listingId=337299984&listingIndex=7&Log=0

From their carfax it has a clean record and two owners. It looks really good. 1st owner took good care of her changing oil every 6-7k miles. Not sure about the second though (every 10k miles?). Worth to check out IMO.

danewilson77
01-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Way to run that fuel tank....all the way to zero. Wouldn't want to leave a lil gas in it, now would we?...hehe.

BavarianZHP
01-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Way to run that fuel tank....all the way to zero. Wouldn't want to leave a lil gas in it, now would we?...hehe.

To dealership:nono

Wow, good catch! I always keep at least 1/4 tank. I hear running on fumes tends to burn out the fuel pump, can introduce more water/moisture in the tank, etc...

echo46
01-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Yep, great way to clog up your pump and fuel filter.

ranger
01-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Where was this when my ZHP got totalled in Atlanta ...........oh well

BavarianZHP
01-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Where was this when my ZHP got totalled in Atlanta ...........oh well

Eh, you're in an AMG now! Well, you can always change your mind. A lot of members seem to go through many ZHPs here - we all learn from our mistakes. :grouphug

derbo
01-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Yep, great way to clog up your pump and fuel filter.

I don't understand where the logic is that it will clogg the fuel pump. Do you mind explaining a bit how this is? I never realized its possible to clog the fuel filter with an empty tank.

From my understanding, since a fuel pump is constantly submerged, it most likely was designed to use the gasoline to cool it down as well. If there is barely any liquid in the tank, the pump has a risk of overheating. This is what I always though of why you shouldn't run the gas all the way down.

brettbimmer
01-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I don't understand where the logic is that it will clogg the fuel pump. Do you mind explaining a bit how this is? I never realized its possible to clog the fuel filter with an empty tank.

From my understanding, since a fuel pump is constantly submerged, it most likely was designed to use the gasoline to cool it down as well. If there is barely any liquid in the tank, the pump has a risk of overheating. This is what I always though of why you shouldn't run the gas all the way down.

I believe that the theory is this - if the fuel level is run way, way down, there is less fuel in the tank to keep any dirt/sediment suspended above the pickup screen at the bottom of the fuel pump. When the fluid level drops, the concentration of all of the dirt/sediment right near the pickup point increases, making the fuel pump more susceptible to contamination.

Besides that, I am sure you know how much fuel starvation sucks at the track!

Fender215
01-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Anyone here know a ZHP'er who is local and can take a look at the car and report back? Please pm me, not the color I was looking for and doesn't have the cold weather pkg but mileage and overall conditions looks pretty good from the pics.

Thanks!

derbo
01-12-2013, 11:51 PM
I believe that the theory is this - if the fuel level is run way, way down, there is less fuel in the tank to keep any dirt/sediment suspended above the pickup screen at the bottom of the fuel pump. When the fluid level drops, the concentration of all of the dirt/sediment right near the pickup point increases, making the fuel pump more susceptible to contamination.

Besides that, I am sure you know how much fuel starvation sucks at the track!

I've replaced my fuel pump at around 107k, and I didn't see much as far as dirt in the fuel tank. But anyways, yes fuel starvation on corners is a pain.

Hopefully can help Fender out here. Looks like a lovely car to get

Fender215
01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Hey guys, spoke to the dealer...didn't have much paperwork aside from the CarFax. Claimed the car was in good mechanical order, they just gave it an oil change, checked AC. I couldn't get any info around subframe check, how the top of the shock mounts look or anything mechanical in terms of VCG, throttle hose, oil leaks etc. I'm thinking the cooling sys should be ok given the mileage.

Anything else I can really ask for? Anyone know a e46/zhp'er who can take a look?
Anyone here know a good PPI shop in the area?

This one looks interesting even though I wanted Cold Weather PKG and a different color. Can't be too picky.

Thanks!

MiniD
01-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Another to consider: http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/3544091969.html

Ricky Reevey
01-14-2013, 10:47 AM
I have this same ZHP but it's an 05, black sapphire metallic, natural brown leather with 123k miles on it. It needs a lil cosmetic work but runs great. It needs a MAF sensor and I'm pretty sure the brake booster is going. Other than that it's sound mechanically. I just replaced the intake boots and cleaned the DISA, ICV and TB. The A and C pillars need replacing and the front bumper does too, I think the previous owner went speed bump hopping or something because it hangs a half inch lower on the passenger side and is also scraped up near the splitter. It also has about a 7 inch scrape on the rear passenger wheel well. If anyone is interested or knows anyone who is interested, I'm looking for about $9500.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

danewilson77
01-14-2013, 01:17 PM
I have this same ZHP but it's an 05, black sapphire metallic, natural brown leather with 123k miles on it. It needs a lil cosmetic work but runs great. It needs a MAF sensor and I'm pretty sure the brake booster is going. Other than that it's sound mechanically. I just replaced the intake boots and cleaned the DISA, ICV and TB. The A and C pillars need replacing and the front bumper does too, I think the previous owner went speed bump hopping or something because it hangs a half inch lower on the passenger side and is also scraped up near the splitter. It also has about a 7 inch scrape on the rear passenger wheel well. If anyone is interested or knows anyone who is interested, I'm looking for about $9500.

You're selling your ZHP?

Ricky Reevey
01-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Yea DW, I love the car but I wanna get something more family oriented. I don't wanna trade it in, I'd rather know it was going to someone who'd appreciate it for the awesome machine that it is.

danewilson77
01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Yea DW, I love the car but I wanna get something more family oriented. I don't wanna trade it in, I'd rather know it was going to someone who'd appreciate it for the awesome machine that it is.

Werd. Start your own F/S thread.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2