PDA

View Full Version : FS: Full Alcantara Interior

JupiterBMW
01-14-2013, 10:55 PM
I have a full alcantara interior that I will need to get rid of when I get home. That being said, this interior isn't going anywhere for 2 months or so as I'm gone until then. But, I still wanted to officially post it for sale with all of the pictures I took.

As for the interior it is 'full'. Although, full only means door panels (4) and seats. The rest of the interior is the same as black leather, natural brown leather, or another alcantara interior (duh). If you have any of those interiors, you can completely swap to this alcantara without any additional parts. If you have sand or grey leather, you'll need everything (dash, carpets, trim pieces, etc etc etc...). Oh, and just to clarify, the front seats are power with driver's side memory, but NOT heated. At least, the car they came out of didn't have heated seats... Not sure if the seats still have the heating pads inside or not.

The condition is a 9/10. I found two blemishes. The first is a small nick on the drivers rear door panel. The other is a quarter size spot on the passenger front seat. I'll be honest, I didn't have time to try and clean this spot, so it may come out with very little work. I will attempt this when I get home. As for the alcantara, the back seats are very good. There is some sun fade on the back of the headrests, but its not visible when installed... As for the front seat bolsters, they're pretty good. Pics show the details...

$800

Ok, details are above and pics are below... Thoughts?

And just to clarify, Justin (Hornung18) has already expressed interest, so we'll give him first dibs. But now he can get all the details too.

JupiterBMW
01-14-2013, 10:56 PM

JupiterBMW
01-14-2013, 10:57 PM

danewilson77
01-15-2013, 06:18 AM
I'll buy passenger side bolster for $50.00 and send you mine.

Condition of mine?

Passenger side = 7/10 > small hole that was sewed up by Elric's wife. Otherwise it's 10/10, in perfect shape. Hole was the exact size and shape/diameter as a cigarette.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Maintenance%20and%20Misc/E46rearsidebolsters.jpg

JupiterBMW
01-15-2013, 06:24 AM
I'll buy passenger side bolster for $50.00 and send you mine.

Condition of mine?

Passenger side = 7/10 > small hole that was sewed up by Elric's wife. Otherwise it's 10/10, in perfect shape. Hole was the exact size and shape/diameter as a cigarette.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Maintenance%20and%20Misc/E46rearsidebolsters.jpg

My email notification showed your post before the edit. :ninja But either way comes out the same... Just razzing you. :biggrin

Justin contacted me about this whole set before I even posted it, so I'm waiting for him to see this and reply. If he works with that, then we can arrange that. I really want to help out anyone that needs/wants this set... That being said, I don't really want to part it out piece by piece, I know I'll get stuck with some parts and I don't really have the storage space. Right now, its all in my trunk/backseat, etc... The front seats are sitting one my workbench wrapped in plastic to keep them dust free until I return.

danewilson77
01-15-2013, 06:42 AM
Yeah.....I'd just be sticking Justin with my bad bolster, if he ends up purchasing the set (Didn't think about that). What is your asking price for the set?

JupiterBMW
01-15-2013, 07:31 AM
I don't know... And I apologize, I didn't think about needing an asking price before posting. Don't mean to break the rules... I am trying to do a little research and see what this stuff would sell for on some of the other forums.

And then discount... because family. :wub

danewilson77
01-15-2013, 07:41 AM
I don't know... And I apologize, I didn't think about needing an asking price before posting. Don't mean to break the rules... I am trying to do a little research and see what this stuff would sell for on some of the other forums.

And then discount... because family. :wub

Ok. Sounds good.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

JupiterBMW
01-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Ok, not to freak anyone out here. I posted a feeler post as it is allowed on E46f... Trying to find out what this stuff is worth, but the Mafia (and moreso Justin at this point) have dibs on this setup. I'm trying to recoup lost money, so I can't afford to give them away, but at the same time I don't want to post an outrageous price and gouge the Mafia family. I will figure this out as soon as I can and update...

Torxuvin
01-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Good luck buddy. I can't wait to get mine fixed. This week is a no-go with the rain. (respraying the chips on the front and the side mirror at the same time) :facepalm

Hornung418
01-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Looks like I'll need to get black carpet, dash, upper and lower pillars, kick panels, shorty console, headliner and rear sill. Looks like I need to find a totaled black interior to get this completed properly. I'll be on the look out for that at the breaker yard, but I'm going to say it's gonna be a slim find if I can get it.

Still in for the seats and such.

Torxuvin
01-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Looks like I'll need to get black carpet, dash, upper and lower pillars, kick panels, shorty console, headliner and rear sill. Looks like I need to find a totaled black interior to get this completed properly. I'll be on the look out for that at the breaker yard, but I'm going to say it's gonna be a slim find if I can get it.

You could probably find a wrecked e46 of any that should have those other pieces. GL

JupiterBMW
01-15-2013, 09:36 AM

O rly? I thought you already had a black interior and just wanted to swap to the alcantara. That all being said, yes... I will say this though, I've done custom interiors before in other cars, and I really like the look of two-tones. There's a lot of ways to do it. One that I've seen is grey interior with black seats... tan interior with black seats... Obviously you wouldn't want to use the door panels, but the rest would swap. As far as options, I personally think black would look good with lighter seats too, sort of like the natural brown. That'd look good with the grey leather seats, IMO...

Anyway, keep me in the loop.

Hornung418
01-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Will do. Gonna put more thought into it.

From a GS3, this was sent.

Torxuvin
01-15-2013, 09:40 AM
You should find the car that Jon got his wood trim and non-sport seats from

JupiterBMW
01-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Eh, that car was hammered... Not much left but the dash and carpet... And the worst part, it was wedged in a garage full of shit... The drivers side door didn't even open so getting the dash would be almost impossible...

Nivo
01-15-2013, 02:12 PM
And few months ago I was looking for a sedan back seat covers with bolsters so they can be duplicated since the Sedan and coupe have completely different back seats.

brettbimmer
01-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Justin/Others: You may find this site useful when trying to ship items too large for UPS (cost-effectively anyway), and too small to ship other ways.

http://www.uship.com/

JupiterBMW
01-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Good post Brett, thanks. I started thinking some more, if the buyer does all the required leg work to set it up, I will ship. Your expense of course.

Sent from my hybrid iPhone 4/4S... :shifty

danewilson77
01-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Did you research a starting price?

JupiterBMW
01-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Did you research a starting price?

Original post updated with a price.

Hornung418
01-16-2013, 10:11 AM

Deal.

aurelius
01-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Regarding the rear seats, are they from a car that had fold-down rears?

JupiterBMW
01-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Deal as in you want to buy? How you want to work payment/pickup?

JupiterBMW
01-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Yes, came from a car with cold weather package, fold down rear seats. That being said, the fronts are not heated... Whatever that's all about... :shifty

Hornung418
01-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Deal as in you want to buy? How you want to work payment/pickup?

Not sure yet. Need the two months to acquire funds. Will look into shipping quotes.

danewilson77
01-16-2013, 10:26 AM

Not sure yet. Need the two months to acquire funds. Will look into shipping quotes.

Copy. I won't update thread until you give the go ahead Joop.

JupiterBMW
01-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Justin- Ok... Just an FYI, I posted the interior on the other forums, as well as the local Bimmer Club Facebook page. Price on those sites not the same, but it is still there for others to see.

Dane- Roger that, thanks buddy.

illirep
01-16-2013, 11:51 AM
If you were close, I'd buy this in a heart beat!

danewilson77
01-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Moved due to "Member Only" pricing.

JupiterBMW
01-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Word, thanks DeeDub

johnrando
01-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Used to know a guy at work in Texas named "W D". Not a nickname, not his initials, that WAS his name. His nickname was "dub".

az3579
01-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes, came from a car with cold weather package, fold down rear seats. That being said, the fronts are not heated... Whatever that's all about... :shifty

How on earth is that possible? You couldn't order the cold weather package without heated seats...
Did you check out the guy's console buttons when you swapped interiors to verify?

alexandre
01-16-2013, 06:17 PM
How on earth is that possible? You couldn't order the cold weather package without heated seats...
Did you check out the guy's console buttons when you swapped interiors to verify?

All the ZCW options were orderable separately, for 2003's at least. His car probably was ordered with fold-down seats only. My car is the inverse, I have heated fronts but no fold-down rears.

Mtnman
01-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Used to know a guy at work in Texas named "W D". Not a nickname, not his initials, that WAS his name. His nickname was "dub".

Only in texas. :chuck

az3579
01-16-2013, 09:26 PM
All the ZCW options were orderable separately, for 2003's at least. His car probably was ordered with fold-down seats only. My car is the inverse, I have heated fronts but no fold-down rears.

Right - the package included everything though. It must have just had individual options and not the actual package.
The lucky thing here is that alcantara/cloth seats do not need heated seats to be comfortable. They're perfect year-round; temperature changes affect the seat surface temperature very minimally.

Leather absolutely sucks in Northeast winters AND summers. The only time they're perfect is in the spring and fall. Alcantara = year round awesome, heated seats not needed. :thumbsup

derbo
01-16-2013, 09:59 PM
heated alcantara seats must be rare.

alexandre
01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Right - the package included everything though. It must have just had individual options and not the actual package.
The lucky thing here is that alcantara/cloth seats do not need heated seats to be comfortable. They're perfect year-round; temperature changes affect the seat surface temperature very minimally.

Leather absolutely sucks in Northeast winters AND summers. The only time they're perfect is in the spring and fall. Alcantara = year round awesome, heated seats not needed. :thumbsup

I do appreciate them when it's 0F when skiing, but I could definitely live without them.

The Alcantara steering wheel is also a godsend when driving in the winter without gloves.

johnrando
01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Yes, because they catch on fire. Not really.

alexandre
01-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Yes, because they catch on fire.

Wut ? :blink

JupiterBMW
01-17-2013, 04:16 AM
Sorry I should've been more specific. I don't know for sure if the car had the ZCW package. And for that matter, I don't know if it had the headlight washers. I do know the rear seats folded down, and yes, I looked and verified no heated seat buttons on the center console.

Oh, and BTW, still for sale! Accepting offers!

az3579
01-17-2013, 06:42 AM
heated alcantara seats must be rare.

Depends on location. I see ZHPs for sale here in the east coast all the time (relatively all the time - ZHPs are rare) that have heated alcantara part of the ZCW package.

danewilson77
01-17-2013, 06:51 AM
I have heat.

Torxuvin
01-17-2013, 07:19 AM
I have heat.

Me too. Love them

johnrando
01-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Wut ? :blink

I was just kidding. I put that in after that fact to make sure people knew, but you caught it before I did.

JupiterBMW
01-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Yeah, Devlin has heated alcantara too...

C'mon guys, you all told me to do the swap so that people would buy the interior! Someone help me get rid of it! I no haz space in my garage! :biggrin

Torxuvin
01-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Yeah, Devlin has heated alcantara too...

C'mon guys, you all told me to do the swap so that people would buy the interior! Someone help me get rid of it! I no haz space in my garage! :biggrin

There have to be some non-zhp guys that want alcantara.

JupiterBMW
01-17-2013, 08:46 AM

"want" and "have money for" are two very different things...

johnrando
01-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Do not want nor need, but SOMEONE's got to have both want/need/fundage. Hang in there.

JupiterBMW
01-17-2013, 08:52 AM
The other option is to part it out and sell it off. Of course, I'm only doing this if I have takers for ALL the parts... I'd like to help people out as much as possible...

danewilson77
01-17-2013, 09:57 AM
The other option is to part it out and sell it off. Of course, I'm only doing this if I have takers for ALL the parts... I'd like to help people out as much as possible...

Are you not holding this for Justin?

JupiterBMW
01-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Are you not holding this for Justin?

If he still wants it of course... But I got the vibe he wasn't interested... Justin??

Hornung418
01-17-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm still interested in buying it when you get back from your stint at sea as originally planned.

JupiterBMW
01-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Ok, I wasn't sure. Well, its yours when I'm home.

derbo
01-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Depends on location. I see ZHPs for sale here in the east coast all the time (relatively all the time - ZHPs are rare) that have heated alcantara part of the ZCW package.

its rare here in california. Last night was considered "cold" at low 30s hahaha.

az3579
01-17-2013, 08:49 PM

Yeah, Bimmerforums or E46Fanatics would be the place to advertise since there are tons of non-ZHP's. I say hold it for Justin though. :thumbsup

its rare here in california. Last night was considered "cold" at low 30s hahaha.

I don't imagine many California and Florida cars having heated seats, unless they were ordered from another dealer elsewhere and then brought to wherever you bought it. Here in the northeast, you'll be damned if you can find a 328i on the lot, but you'll find tons of 328xi's (I don't care, I will continue to call them xi's - Damn xDrive nomenclature). I'm sure you'll find mostly RWD ones in the nice-weather states, right? I've never been to a dealer there so I don't know for sure. The options for that climate would probably be the common options in the area.

JupiterBMW
01-18-2013, 03:50 AM
BP, you know its funny... A ton of xDrive cars are sold down here simply because a lot of the snow birds (damn you old fekkers, stay up North where you belong!) buy them to bring back up North when they go... As for heated seats, I still like to have them.

The thing that I found interesting was that my CA told us he sells more black on black vehicles than any other color... NUTS down here in the summer weather!

az3579
01-18-2013, 06:49 AM
BP, you know its funny... A ton of xDrive cars are sold down here simply because a lot of the snow birds (damn you old fekkers, stay up North where you belong!) buy them to bring back up North when they go... As for heated seats, I still like to have them.

The thing that I found interesting was that my CA told us he sells more black on black vehicles than any other color... NUTS down here in the summer weather!

More proof that Floridians just ain't right. :rofl

JupiterBMW
01-18-2013, 07:32 AM
More proof that Floridians just ain't right. :rofl

I'm not a true Floridian... I've only been here for 4 years... But I'd like to add, you're the one that lives in the SNOW... Who's not right now??

Youuuuuuuuu.... :shifty

az3579
01-18-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm not a true Floridian... I've only been here for 4 years... But I'd like to add, you're the one that lives in the SNOW... Who's not right now??

Youuuuuuuuu.... :shifty

Snow means rally-style controlled drifting. Note the word controlled. :biggrin

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
02-08-2013, 07:48 PM
So, I'd like to bring this thread back to the top. Justin had to back out, so I want to see what sort of interest there is. I have a fairly committed buyer (fairly meaning VERY, only I don't have money yet, but confident I will get it) for the front seats and door cards.

That being said, any interest in the rear seats??

I will be willing to ship, but I will not do the leg work... If you want it shipped, you figure out the shipping costs from 33458 (Jupiter, FL) to you... Also, I am willing to drive stuff up to the Mafia Reunion as I will for sure be there...

So, anyone??

danewilson77
02-08-2013, 08:05 PM
So, I'd like to bring this thread back to the top. Justin had to back out, so I want to see what sort of interest there is. I have a fairly committed buyer (fairly meaning VERY, only I don't have money yet, but confident I will get it) for the front seats and door cards.

That being said, any interest in the rear seats??

I will be willing to ship, but I will not do the leg work... If you want it shipped, you figure out the shipping costs from 33458 (Jupiter, FL) to you... Also, I am willing to drive stuff up to the Mafia Reunion as I will for sure be there...

So, anyone??

What was starting price on rears?

Williamsburg, VA, Droid DNA, Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
02-08-2013, 10:02 PM
PM'd

danewilson77
02-12-2013, 05:11 AM
Bump.

JupiterBMW
02-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Double bump!

danewilson77
03-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Interested in drivers seat and rear passenger bolster for $300.

Not positive what's going on with this stuff, and "toe stepping" is not my intention at all.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA

JupiterBMW
03-21-2013, 06:40 AM
Interested in drivers seat and rear passenger bolster for $300.

Not positive what's going on with this stuff, and "toe stepping" is not my intention at all.

Roger that buddy... Will be home in less than 3 weeks, an then I'll get into working this some more. I have been in contact with a guy from e46f regarding this. He says he's wanting the whole package, but also knows I'm away... So, will have to wait until I'm home, and we'll see if he still wants it when it's time to put up the money... If not, you've got it...

danewilson77
03-21-2013, 06:54 AM
Roger that buddy... Will be home in less than 3 weeks, an then I'll get into working this some more. I have been in contact with a guy from e46f regarding this. He says he's wanting the whole package, but also knows I'm away... So, will have to wait until I'm home, and we'll see if he still wants it when it's time to put up the money... If not, you've got it...

Roger.

JupiterBMW
04-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Well, back to the top with this thread... Long story short, the "confirmed" buyer that even gave me a "deposit" decided just today to back out. He also filed a claim with Paypal... I'm less than thrilled to say the least...

That being said, the interior is still for sale. All pieces are clean and in good shape. The interior is NOT perfect, but it is really good. The lower, outer bolsters on the front seats do show a tad bit of wear (can probably be shaved with a razor like is done with the steering wheels). Also, there is some fading on the back of the rear headrests, not visible when installed. The only other thing I have found is a small nick in the passenger rear door panel, on the lower portion of the pull handle for the door. Again, I don't think this will be noticeable when installed...

Asking $800 picked up. If you want to ship, I'll work with you on setting it up, but you're paying for all shipping costs (including a little extra for my gas money to bring it all to packing/shipping place.

Lemme know!

danewilson77
04-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Still need rear side bolster as a heads up.
$100 on the table.

:)

JupiterBMW
04-13-2013, 04:58 PM
I know Dane, and I know your money's good... I apologize man, but I'm really trying not to break this stuff up as I don't want to deal with leftovers... Its turning into such a headache, I really want it ALL gone... Give me a few days to try and list it again (whore up Craigslist, local BMW facebook pages, and the forums) and I'll get back to you... Appreciate the understanding buddy..

danewilson77
04-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Absolutely. No rush. I don't want you to break it up either.

Johnmadd
04-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Maybe a trade plus cash to even it out could work?

Hornung418
04-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Saving up for a motorcycle, going to have to bow out for good.

Thanks for keeping me in mind, Jon.

JupiterBMW
04-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Maybe a trade plus cash to even it out could work?

Depends on what the trade is...? Feel free to drop trades/offers...

Saving up for a motorcycle, going to have to bow out for good.

Thanks for keeping me in mind, Jon.

No worries man.

nike001
04-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Depends on what the trade is...? Feel free to drop trades/offers...

I think he was referring to your and Dane's potential transaction.

Send Dane your good bolster, Dane sends you his less than perfect one. You can still probably sell your set at the same price and no one would even know. Or Dane can throw you that $100 to even it out if the buyer later on points it out and you have to reduce the price.

danewilson77
04-14-2013, 10:55 AM
I think he was referring to your and Dane's potential transaction.

Send Dane your good bolster, Dane sends you his less than perfect one. You can still probably sell your set at the same price and no one would even know. Or Dane can throw you that $100 to even it out if the buyer later on points it out and you have to reduce the price.

Hehe.....

nike001
04-14-2013, 11:46 AM
That's a good idea, no?

Basically a win-win for the both of you IMO. Just trying to help.

danewilson77
04-14-2013, 12:37 PM
That's a good idea, no?

Basically a win-win for the both of you IMO. Just trying to help.

Yeah. Great idea.

But...

If he couldn't sell because of the blemish I would feel bad.

Don't get me wrong though, I totally endorse and appreciate your idea.

JupiterBMW
04-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Great ideas guys... Dane, I'll be out of town for a week or so visiting family. I'm going to repost the setup all over the other websites and see what I get. If by the time I get home, no serious interest, I'll be splitting up the set and whatever doesn't get purchased will get ebay-d... Whatever doesn't sell on eBay will get tossed most likely... Or given to Devlin...

az3579
04-15-2013, 02:48 AM
Great ideas guys... Dane, I'll be out of town for a week or so visiting family. I'm going to repost the setup all over the other websites and see what I get. If by the time I get home, no serious interest, I'll be splitting up the set and whatever doesn't get purchased will get ebay-d... Whatever doesn't sell on eBay will get tossed most likely... Or given to Devlin...

Tossing rare items like that is never a good idea, IMO. :shifty

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

JupiterBMW
04-15-2013, 02:50 AM
Incentive to buy..... :biggrin

JupiterBMW
04-15-2013, 02:55 AM
I agree though honestly, but I simply cannot hang on to this stuff. Letting it go to waste in my attic is no better than tossing them. I'd rather sell them or trade them for other goods/services...

cakM3
04-15-2013, 02:58 AM
John,

Have you considered seeing if you could bring them to the reunion? I'm sure there would be someone who would be interested in buying them there... just a thought.

JupiterBMW
04-15-2013, 03:00 AM
I'd love to, but its silly how small the interior of the ZHP is. I had the 4 door panels in my trunk and there wasn't much room for more. The back seat parts and trim pieces would go in the back seat, but that leaves ZERO room for the front seats, the biggest part of all...

wertyu78
04-15-2013, 03:09 AM
I'd be more than happy to take the front seats off your hand... when you come around to throwing them out.. ;)

cakM3
04-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Jon, I want dibs on the front seat covers and head rests ... that is if they are available...seems they are already spoken for in case you part these out...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

JupiterBMW
04-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Ok Mafia family... So, there is a ton of interest, but trying to ship the whole setup is proving difficult and many are not willing to deal with it. I'd really like to help out the Mafia family more than outsiders on *ahem* other forums... That being said... Who would want what parts if I were to part out?

1. Front seats/headrests
2. Rear seats/headrests
3. Rear seat side bolsters
4. Door panels (4)

I know Dane has already expressed interest in the rear seat side bolsters, and Charlie wants the front seats/headrests... Anyone else?? I am mainly looking to recoup costs associated with buying the black leather for my old ZHP so I could keep the natural brown... So, I have my bottom line... If I could get that money for this interior, I'd be fine parting it and out as long as I could meet my bottom dollar.

JupiterBMW
04-16-2013, 12:20 PM
I'd be more than happy to take the front seats off your hand... when you come around to throwing them out.. ;)

For the low price of $400 you can!

danewilson77
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
2nd in line for drivers seat. The rear bolster is sold :)

JupiterBMW
04-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Roger that Dane...

Oh, I also forgot... the door panels all come with the HK speakers...

cakM3
04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks Jon!!! Always great working things out with you brother :thumbsup

danewilson77
04-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks Jon!!! Always great working things out with you brother :thumbsup

So.....does that mean the drivers seat is sold?

If so......What's the condition of your drivers seat Charlie?

cakM3
04-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Dane.... sent you a text...

danewilson77
04-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Dane.... sent you a text...

Rec'vd......discussed....and front seats are Charlies.

I will take the bolster.