PDA

View Full Version : Convertile Window Switch in Sedan

subieworx
01-19-2013, 05:27 AM
I was doing an inspection on a 2005 ZHP convertible yesterday and noticed the driver's side window switch had a button in the middle to raise and lower all four windows at the same time. This is one thing that really bugs me about my sedan in that I have to lower each window individually due to the switch placement. I can get a new switch for about $40 so I'm going to try it in my sedan, but wanted to see if anyone has tried it before.

Oli77
01-19-2013, 06:07 AM
Should work, a switch is a switch.

You do know about the key fob all-windows-down option (but I guess that is when you are outside the car).

subieworx
01-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Just saw a thread from someone else saying it won't work without coding. Going to see if I can get my hands on a wiring diagram to figure out if a simple wiring change on the switch could make it work.

JupiterBMW
01-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Hey there... I'm the guy that tried this a few months ago. Well, I sort of tried. I have the switch out of the verts and I tried it in my sedan. It doesn't work, at least not a direct drop in. I figured coding would be needed, but further inspection and I found that the sedan switch has 1 less pin than the vert switch. I can take and show pics at some point. I was looking at retrofitting this, but I haven't had a chance yet. Perhaps I'll work more on this soon...

wsmeyer
01-19-2013, 08:42 AM
I hope you guys get this figured out. I can see a lot of people doing this mod.

JupiterBMW
01-19-2013, 08:58 AM
I hope you guys get this figured out. I can see a lot of people doing this mod.

Umm, I thought of doing it, but you're the smart guy that is supposed to make it work! Duh!!!

:biggrin

Sent from my hybrid iPhone 4/4S... :shifty

wsmeyer
01-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Umm, I thought of doing it, but you're the smart guy that is supposed to make it work! Duh!!!

:biggrin

Yeah I was smart enough to buy the car that already had it :)

johnrando
01-19-2013, 05:51 PM
And you were smart enough to make the individual window all up/all down" mod.

JupiterBMW
01-20-2013, 04:25 AM
Yeah I was smart enough to buy the car that already had it :)

Whatever! You got ripped off... More money and its missing two doors AND the roof!!!

cakM3
01-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Whatever! You got ripped off... More money and its missing two doors AND the roof!!!

:rofl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

az3579
01-20-2013, 07:20 AM

Some people just don't understand. :)

JupiterBMW
01-20-2013, 08:13 AM
I know.. At least some of us get it. :biggrin

postitpad
01-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Funny thing, I came on here today to make a post about how I had recently traded in my ZHP, a 2005 Convertible. For a Subaru BRZ. I do believe Subieworx has my car. Are you by any chance in Southern NH?

JupiterBMW
01-21-2013, 06:14 AM
Wanted to let everyone know that I brought both switches with me on the ship... I will be looking more into this and what will be needed to make this work. Stay tuned for more details...