PDA

View Full Version : ~Official CODES Thread~

nike001
01-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Surprised we don't have anything like this, as it seems like it'd be helpful for anyone to post their codes that they may have for some help.

nike001
01-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Me, with my good manners, will obviously start and get the ball rolling:

I have p0174 - Bank 2 running lean.

I know there are multiple things to trigger this light.. like o2 sensors (pre-cat & post-cat, MAF, and torn intake boots)

Is there anything I can do besides throwing parts at it and hoping it'll fix it? Other than checking intake boots of course. I've thought that it couldn't be a MAF or intake problem as wouldn't that contribute to Bank 1 & Bank 2 running lean together? So perhaps it's an o2 sensor?

MiniD
01-20-2013, 06:27 PM
The Connor curse :shfity

BCS_ZHP
01-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Me, with my good manners, will obviously start and get the ball rolling:

I have p0174 - Bank 2 running lean.

I know there are multiple things to trigger this light.. like o2 sensors (pre-cat & post-cat, MAF, and torn intake boots)

Is there anything I can do besides throwing parts at it and hoping it'll fix it? Other than checking intake boots of course. I've thought that it couldn't be a MAF or intake problem as wouldn't that contribute to Bank 1 & Bank 2 running lean together? So perhaps it's an o2 sensor?

Dalton,
Buy a can of carb cleaner, don't take anything off the engine, start it up and spray the carb cleaner all around the intake boots (upper & lower). If you get a rise in the idle speed, it means your intake boot is torn and the resulting vacuum leak sucked the carb cleaner in. This is very simple and only costs you part of a can of carb cleaner. And if it is a torn boot, then use the remainder of the can to clean up your ICV when you get that far down in there.
Bruce

Torxuvin
01-20-2013, 06:35 PM
I have 27C3 (thermal oil sensor) and 2761 (secondary air) right now...

nike001
01-20-2013, 06:49 PM
The Connor curse :shfity

lol fu connor. Still mad :shifty

Dalton,
Buy a can of carb cleaner, don't take anything off the engine, start it up and spray the carb cleaner all around the intake boots (upper & lower). If you get a rise in the idle speed, it means your intake boot is torn and the resulting vacuum leak sucked the carb cleaner in. This is very simple and only costs you part of a can of carb cleaner. And if it is a torn boot, then use the remainder of the can to clean up your ICV when you get that far down in there.
Bruce

Thanks Bruce! I knew about that trick but it slipped my mind apparently. I'll do that tomorrow.

I was thinking if it's a torn boot then I may jump on the sound generator boat and see how that works out.