PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get BMW E46 Euro Clears (interested in OEM only)

BavarianZHP
01-23-2013, 11:49 PM
I finally made up my mind and am going to get OEM clears all-around (RCR rears, corners, sidemarkers) for my sedan. Any recommendations on where to find them cheap? Turner has their 10% off sale and it seems like the cheapest place, but at ~$440 (total with tax and shipping) I know I'm paying the piper with that one - especially since all of turner's parts can be found for like half their quoted prices elsewhere... So I know there has to be place cheaper!!! If anyone knows anyone selling used parts, I would be okay with that as well.

There's a member on E46fanatics by the name of ZHPSoCal who claims to be able to get them from Europe cheap, but I see ZHPSoCal has almost no posts (hence no reputation), I'm also not a member of that forum so cannot contact him/her.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated! I'm sure other members are looking for them as well.

Oh, on a related note:

Turner is selling the left RCR tail for $80 (does not include small trunk light):
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5793-e46-late-left-euro-sedan-taillight-new.aspx

and the left turn signal corner for $10 (albeit tip is broken - minor):
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1198-e46-sedan-2002-05-left-clear-front-turn-signal-new-tip-cracked-bmw-63137165849.aspx

I need the whole package though.... but I may ask customer support if they can sub in these clearance parts into a new package so I can receive a big discount.

Thanks.

terraphantm
01-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Since US dealerships can't order them, you're stuck with Turner or ECS. Not sure which is cheaper

BavarianZHP
01-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Turner is much cheaper. I think ECS is around $600 - couldn't find a complete package deal though, had to tally them individually as follows: (1) the tails + (2) trunk lights + (3) corners/sidemarkers.

derbo
01-24-2013, 12:13 AM
is Turner's OEM or OEM supplier brand?

az3579
01-24-2013, 03:58 AM
is Turner's OEM or OEM supplier brand?

OEM.

Try eBay.co.uk and find a used set.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

echo46
01-24-2013, 04:42 AM
Although i see he only wants oem, What about Depo revi Motorwerks. Just saw them on EBay. Any good or garbage?

danewilson77
01-24-2013, 05:03 AM
I know I'm paying the piper with that one - especially since all of turner's parts can be found for like half their quoted prices elsewhere... So I know there has to be place cheaper!!!

Turner.

This is hugely exaggerated.

jiggz
01-24-2013, 08:12 AM
I would just order the set from Turner and be done with it. Yes, it's expensive, but it's a one time expense, and you'll never have to deal with them failing on you like the junk from China could. As well, you can always sell them when you sell your car and get some of your $ back.

I bought the set from Turner a few years ago...never thought twice about not getting OEM, or spending the $500 (or whatever it was at the time).

JupiterBMW
01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
I would just order the set from Turner and be done with it. Yes, it's expensive, but it's a one time expense, and you'll never have to deal with them failing on you like the junk from China could. As well, you can always sell them when you sell your car and get some of your $ back.

I bought the set from Turner a few years ago...never thought twice about not getting OEM, or spending the $500 (or whatever it was at the time).

This.

BavarianZHP
01-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Although i see he only wants oem, What about Depo revi Motorwerks. Just saw them on EBay. Any good or garbage?

If they were of decent quality, I would consider them. All of them are garbage compared to OEM imo. Think of it this way, no one has ever complained or regretted getting OEM - that should tell you something about OEM quality despite it's premium, there's just no comparison.

BCS_ZHP
01-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Here's a used set in Annapolis, MD for $275

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/pts/3565887468.html

danewilson77
01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Those look like pre-facelifted corners, no?

Good find nonetheless. Thanks Bruce.

BavarianZHP
01-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Good find, they are for the face-lifted E46 (they are just positioned upside down). Are you sure they are OEM though? How can you tell? They look OEM... Count me out though, buyer wants cash only and I live in Seattle.

EDIT: Also they are silver trim corners... Not typical black for the ZHP.

Avetiso
01-24-2013, 05:31 PM
I just posted recently in general chat thread that turner was selling OEM clear package for $370. Hopefully the sale is still on.

danewilson77
01-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Good find, they are for the face-lifted E46 (they are just positioned upside down). Are you sure they are OEM though? How can you tell? They look OEM... Count me out though, buyer wants cash only and I live in Seattle.

EDIT: Also they are silver trim corners... Not typical black for the ZHP.

Yep. You're absolutely correct. I was going to ask the same. I would like to see a pic of the actual branding on the light.

BavarianZHP
01-24-2013, 05:39 PM
I just posted recently in general chat thread that turner was selling OEM clear package for $370. Hopefully the sale is still on.

Yep, I'm well aware and this sale was also posted in the Lighting forum. The sale is until the end of the month.

BavarianZHP
01-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Yep. You're absolutely correct. I was going to ask the same. I would like to see a pic of the actual branding on the light.

I've been trying to pick out subtle differences in OEM vs China. DEPO corners tend to have striations across them whereas OEMs are completely smooth (which the ad depicts) but I'm also sure there are chinese copies that mimic OEMs very well.

jiggz
01-24-2013, 09:17 PM
I've been trying to pick out subtle differences in OEM vs China. DEPO corners tend to have striations across them whereas OEMs are completely smooth (which the ad depicts) but I'm also sure there are chinese copies that mimic OEMs very well.

I don't know that you can see the differences that well by viewing pictures online. The difference is probably noticed at installation (fitment quality), and over the life of owning them...possible fading, fogging, etc.

I just looked up my Turner receipt from October 2010 - they cost me $507.38 ($449.95/set + $57.43 for shipping/handling/insurance). They've come down since then by $40, and that doesn't include the additional 10% off this month.

Jump on it :jump

BavarianZHP
01-24-2013, 10:36 PM
I don't know that you can see the differences that well by viewing pictures online. The difference is probably noticed at installation (fitment quality), and over the life of owning them...possible fading, fogging, etc.

I just looked up my Turner receipt from October 2010 - they cost me $507.38 ($449.95/set + $57.43 for shipping/handling/insurance). They've come down since then by $40, and that doesn't include the additional 10% off this month.

Jump on it :jump

Yep, I just jumped on that grenade! I got them for $398.57 shipped from turner. Oh, for those that are on a tight budget: I did ask (but ended up not taking the offer) if they could swap the turn signal lights and rear for the clearance ones listed (saving $80 or so) and they said they could do that... Although the clearance rear tail light does not come with the trunk light...

EDIT: Oh, don't forget to add the 2013 Turner Calendar to your cart - it's free and free to ship with purchase.

Imola.ZHP
01-25-2013, 04:40 AM
Shortly after I purchased my car (2006) I bought a full set of OEM clears from a e46F that was trading his ZHP in on an e90 330i (sucker!). I only paid $300 shipped I think, they were not over a year old...

When one of my "stealth" bulbs melted my OEM front corner I replaced them with a set of Depo's. That was at least 3 years ago, they still look fine to me...

I do need a new set of side-markers though, they have yellowed. Thanks for the links, I'm going to take a look...

nike001
01-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Does anyone have the authentic Euro ones from Europe? I'm the only one that I know of with them. They came off a car in Germany supposedly.

When one of my "stealth" bulbs melted my OEM front corner I replaced them with a set of Depo's. That was at least 3 years ago, they still look fine to me...

When I got mine, the fronts weren't in the best condition so I replaced them with DEPO ones. About 3 weeks later on the highway I heard a loud bang. I looked in front of my car and I saw both corners pulled up and out and being held to the fender by the wind. Both sides clips broke at exactly the same time and now I have two dents in each front fender from them.

I saddled up and just got the OEM fronts from Turner. That's my lesson learned with DEPO.

az3579
01-25-2013, 08:24 AM
A major difference between the Depo and OEM is that the Depo ones have a hideous Depo logo embossed in them. Pretty much, advertising that you have Chinese parts on your car.

That's why I'm never buying Depo again.

terraphantm
01-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Does anyone have the authentic Euro ones from Europe? I'm the only one that I know of with them. They came off a car in Germany supposedly.

When I got mine, the fronts weren't in the best condition so I replaced them with DEPO ones. About 3 weeks later on the highway I heard a loud bang. I looked in front of my car and I saw both corners pulled up and out and being held to the fender by the wind. Both sides clips broke at exactly the same time and now I have two dents in each front fender from them.

I saddled up and just got the OEM fronts from Turner. That's my lesson learned with DEPO.

One of my front corners was a brand new one from the UK.

The rest of mine were from turner. They had the same stickers and markings as OEM, but the part numbers were sharpied out. You were able to see them in the right light

danewilson77
01-25-2013, 08:37 AM

Can you take pics of the marking on the lights? Would just like to know what they say for future use.

Thanks

derbo
01-25-2013, 09:35 AM
We source our lights only from European manufacturers like Hella, ZKW, ULO, Bosch, and others so you get the true Euro white turn signal look without the headaches common to cheap aftermarket brands.
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-904-e46-euro-clear-lens-package-sedan-2002-2005.aspx

BavarianZHP (Phil?) will find out soon enough if it is OEM or not. I mean it is OEM suppliers so the quality is still up to par with OEM.

BavarianZHP
01-25-2013, 11:10 AM
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-904-e46-euro-clear-lens-package-sedan-2002-2005.aspx

BavarianZHP (Phil?) will find out soon enough if it is OEM or not. I mean it is OEM suppliers so the quality is still up to par with OEM.

Yep, I'll reply as soon as I get them in my hands. I'll post pics - maybe even in the product reviews section.

nike001
01-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Can you take pics of the marking on the lights? Would just like to know what they say for future use.

Thanks

On the outsides? I'm not sure if they say anything on the outside lenses.. but I could be wrong

terraphantm
01-25-2013, 09:11 PM
On the outsides? I'm not sure if they say anything on the outside lenses.. but I could be wrong

Should have the various DOT and E-code markings (well the fronts shouldn't have DOT markings, but i'm pretty sure my old rear lights did)

BavarianZHP
01-28-2013, 05:21 PM
For those ordering off of Turner - they have at least a 1 week backlog on the rear lights. Not a problem for me, since they'll ship it once it's all together and not charge your card until then, but just thought you guys should know. They have excellent customer service.

BavarianZHP
01-28-2013, 08:54 PM
HAAAWWWT Daaamn. Turner just reduced the pricing of their clears yet again! Now it's $341 a set (-$27). If you ever wanted OEM clears - now is the time to buy. Since my order hasn't shipped yet, I've requested them to price adjust my package to the current $341 (and I suggest those that also purchased them prior to their price change to do the same - if your order hasn't been processed it).

Avetiso
01-28-2013, 09:06 PM
I picked the wrong time to get broke. FML.

On another note, does anyone know where I can get OEM amber corners? I can't find them anywhere.

BavarianZHP
01-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Try craigslist. If you need a left corner light only: http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/pts/3515738838.html

Avetiso
01-28-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm on the West Coast. =/ I check around often, but I can't find any websites that sell them new, and of course the dealer wants an arm and a leg for it.

BavarianZHP
01-28-2013, 09:55 PM
The parts should be easy to ship...

derbo
01-28-2013, 10:20 PM
damn that sure is cheap...

BavarianZHP
01-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Come on Derbo, you know you want them! :thumbup

derbo
01-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Come on Derbo, you know you want them! :thumbup

NO! AMBER Army.

az3579
01-29-2013, 03:22 AM
NO! AMBER Army.

Stay Amber! Works best with your color IMO...

Imola.ZHP
01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Amber looks great on black or white...

Pretty much all other colors need clear.

BavarianZHP
05-30-2013, 02:32 PM
I know this is an OLD thread, but has anyone received their clears from turner yet? I placed an order at the end of January so it's been 4 months! I've been keeping in contact with them and they keep telling me "they're on their way from Germany" week after week. No formal complaints from me since I haven't paid for them (they are nice enough to not charge until they ship) but the wait is killing me!!! Am I the only one?

Tnhl1989
05-30-2013, 02:53 PM
I know this is an OLD thread, but has anyone received their clears from turner yet? I placed an order at the end of January so it's been 4 months! I've been keeping in contact with them and they keep telling me "they're on their way from Germany" week after week. No formal complaints from me since I haven't paid for them (they are nice enough to not charge until they ship) but the wait is killing me!!! Am I the only one?

I ordered clears from Ecs on Friday. Came in a few days before reunion and had them on during Sunday maintenance day. For rears I got from UK and I customized the inner rear ones since it was dirty and unusable.

UdubBadger
05-30-2013, 02:57 PM

Get a hold of Evan over at getbmwparts.com and he can likely get um for you in 2 weeks from Germany. Tell him the badger sent ya ;)

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

danewilson77
05-30-2013, 03:00 PM
The honey badger doesn't give a fook!!!!

BavarianZHP
05-30-2013, 05:32 PM
Get a hold of Evan over at getbmwparts.com and he can likely get um for you in 2 weeks from Germany. Tell him the badger sent ya ;)

Nice! Thanks for the tip. I really don't mind the wait (since it's already been 4 months lol). Just as long as they come... SOON - damn my patience is wearing thin. I nabbed them for $341 and I doubt I can get a better price elsewhere.

UdubBadger
05-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Well getbmwparts is usually lowest price on oem goods around. If turner was lower they wouldn't make any money.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

derbo
05-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Seth,

I thought Dealerships arent allowed to order EURO part numbers anymore..

Tnhl1989
05-30-2013, 09:40 PM
I know that my dealership doesn't allow that since they are not dot approved. :P

UdubBadger
05-31-2013, 02:47 AM
The honey badger doesn't give a fook!!!!

;)

UdubBadger
05-31-2013, 02:50 AM
Seth,

I thought Dealerships arent allowed to order EURO part numbers anymore..

Evan orders me shit from Germany all the time... they just tell you that crap so they don't have to hassle. From what I know, the performance seats aren't authorized to be sold here so they can't get those but stuff like lights and all of that should be fine as they are also DOT approved. All of the LCI tails and stuff like that all come straight from Germany.

Hit him up and find out, maybe I am wrong but I've had to wait on some items before that were crossing the Atlantic in my most recent order.

ewinstead@mileone.com

BavarianZHP
06-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks a ton! I fired off an email to ewinstead@mileone.com (Evan I assume?) a few hours ago. :)

UdubBadger
06-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Ya thats Ev

BavarianZHP
06-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Evan couldn't get me the clears. As others said, they are indeed blocking US dealers. However, Turner just received their shipment and it's in the warehouse. FINALLY! This 4 month wait is coming to an end! ;)

UdubBadger
06-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Interesting... didn't know that.

Well maybe I should hit up Turner as well ;)

BavarianZHP
06-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Interesting... didn't know that.

Well maybe I should hit up Turner as well ;)

Yeah! $341 gets you the complete set of clears (Plus I got the free calendar! *OMG*). Best price I have seen so far.

EDIT: I see now it's raised to around $409.85... May be able to beat that price elsewhere?

danewilson77
06-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Yeah..normall around $400.00