PDA

View Full Version : Climate control display issue

yod88
02-07-2013, 04:45 AM
Hey guys,
A couple weeks ago I went to turn on the heat in the zhp (had been sitting in the garage overnight...was about 9 degrees outside), and as soon as i turned on the blower the pixels in the climate control display did this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/yod88/photo_zps35bfb66d.jpg

It has since become a little worse, more pixels are clustered to the left of the first digit, and it doesnt matter if the temp is in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s...display shows up the same way

Im assuming this is a cold weather related issue, do you guys know of a fix, or a way to replace the display, or will i have to source a whole new unit to get the display to look as it should again?

Thanks,
Navid

danewilson77
02-07-2013, 04:54 AM
I don't think you can replace that, and will need a new Business CD.

jsfbmw
02-07-2013, 05:10 AM
That's the display on the climate unit. Don't think the CD unit is related to this. I imagine that some company offers replacement LCDs for the DIY or re-furb climate units.

ryankokesh
02-07-2013, 05:53 AM
E39's have that issue a lot, and I know they have replacement LCDs that you can pop in. Think you just blew some pixels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yod88
02-07-2013, 05:55 AM
That's the display on the climate unit. Don't think the CD unit is related to this. I imagine that some company offers replacement LCDs for the DIY or re-furb climate units.

From the searching I've done i was able to find plenty of places that do e39 and e53 pixel repairs (ex. pixelfix.net), but none for the e46...maybe this is a less common issue on these cars...

ryankokesh
02-07-2013, 06:00 AM
I'd personally just not even deal with it and grab a new cc unit from eBay. $60 shipped seems to be the going rate.

I bet you could even sell your busted one for $20 or so :dunno

yod88
02-07-2013, 06:05 AM
I'd personally just not even deal with it and grab a new cc unit from eBay. $60 shipped seems to be the going rate.

I bet you could even sell your busted one for $20 or so :dunno

True, im thinking the same...only a handful of 12 button ones floating around on ebay that I saw..always easier to swap the unit than fix the existing i suppose