PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 330i ZHP (East coast/south prefered)

ELCID86
03-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Hi gents, as many of you have seen by my (multiple) posts of cars for sale, I’m looking for a car to replace the ’02 330Ci I just sold. My almost 20 YO son will be the primary DD of this car though dad does reserve the right to take her out for a spin when needed. He goes to college out of state and is torn between another BMW and an 04-08 Acura TL, but I think “we” are leaning towards another Bimmer. Thanks @BCS_ZHP for the idea of this post (I see we are almost neighbors, I'm in Stafford). Part of the joy for me is “the hunt” so that’s why I’ve been wasting so much time searching. I thought I’d turn to you guys for assistance as well. I am still considering the’ 04 Imola car on my other thread.

What I want:
- 330i Sedan
- 6MT
- any color except black or white (I have a black car now and no, you can’t convince me to buy another—or my wife!; son does not like white)
- less than ~125k mi
- maintenance records and appropriate PM done for mileage
- prefer cost between $12-14k (lower=better)
- any color interior ok
- cold-weather package
- clean interior, non-smoked in is a must
- prefer southern car (location)
- I suppose a non ZHP that meets these criteria could be considered—but why settle :biggrin
-Cash in hand.
Thanks all!

Torxuvin
03-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Good luck with your search. I sent you a pm.

BCS_ZHP
03-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Shawn,
Great to see your search desires posted, the Family can help find it.

I work in Stafford, off of Rte 1, 3619 Jeff Davis Hwy, look for one of our family ZHPs out front by the flag poles, if a ZHP is there so am I, stop on in.
Bruce

ELCID86
03-29-2013, 03:51 AM
I work in Stafford, off of Rte 1, 3619 Jeff Davis Hwy, look for one of our family ZHPs out front by the flag poles, if a ZHP is there so am I, stop on in.
Bruce

Talk about a small world! Thanks I'll be driving by there today on the way home from the VRE station at Quantico.

ELCID86
03-29-2013, 06:56 AM
I may have a lead on a car in the Philly area (I'm going up that way for spring break. Would appreciate your insight.
http://www.delawarevalleymotors.com/inventorymanager.php?action=view&Id=482337

From dealer: "two owners on this vehicle, the 4th and 5th are the same person. We did the work on the vehicle per the list. There is no Cold Weather Package.

Replaced three window regulators
Replaced Sunroof Shade
Replaced Shift Knob
Replaced Window Switch
Replaced Valve Cover Gasket
Replaced Oil Filter Housing Gasket
Replaced Radiator Hose
Replaced Expansion Tank
Replaced Throttle Boot
Oil Service

ELCID86
03-29-2013, 08:59 AM
She just came back to me ans said there were actually 4 prev. owners. Worries me a bit. Any thoughts?

Carfax is hard to judge for me: http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=HTO_0&vin=WBAEV534X3KM04478#Owner1

Dave1027
03-29-2013, 09:31 AM
With that many owners I'd be worried the car has something wrong that makes people get rid of it. Better look really close and have it professionally inspected for sure. Don't trust carfax.

Avetiso
03-29-2013, 10:41 AM
There's a 325 ZHP on craigslist here if you're interested. :rofl

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ELCID86
03-29-2013, 10:43 AM
There's a 325 ZHP on craigslist here if you're interested.

Rare, indeed.

MiniD
03-29-2013, 10:48 AM
I may have a lead on a car in the Philly area (I'm going up that way for spring break. Would appreciate your insight.

From dealer: "two owners on this vehicle, the 4th and 5th are the same person. We did the work on the vehicle per the list. There is no Cold Weather Package.

Replaced Sunroof Shade
Replaced Shift Knob
Replaced Window Switch
Replaced Radiator Hose
Replaced Expansion Tank
Replaced Throttle Boot
Oil Service

That car has been for sale forever. Something just doesn't seem 'right' about it. I could be wrong, though!

ELCID86
03-29-2013, 10:53 AM
^Thanks I was not aware. I think I'll keep looking.

alexandre
03-29-2013, 10:53 AM
That car has been for sale forever. Something just doesn't seem 'right' about it. I could be wrong, though!

Yup, I saw this one in October IIRC. Either that or the dealer is fishy. They did do a lot of work on it. Undisclosed accidents or something ?

ELCID86
03-29-2013, 10:59 AM
She emailed back and the bottom line price is: $11,495 plus sales tax and $199 processing. Must really want to move it.

ranger
03-30-2013, 05:13 AM
Watch the Atlanta Craigslist - always one for sale in Atlanta (when you are not looking for one!)........

ELCID86
03-30-2013, 06:05 AM
I've been communicating with the owner of this 2003 E46 330i with 80k mi. He is very firm on the $14.5k price and wants an additional $500 for the winter tires he has (not sure what brand). Not the most attractive color combo, but he has done a ton of work to it and I like the mileage.

http://s1204.beta.photobucket.com/user/adb1028/library/2003%20330i%20ZHP

-Titanium Silver
-Gray Leather
-6spd manual
-HK sound (upgrade)
-OEM BiXenon Headlights
Enthusiast owned and maintained! No accidents, clean car fax

Koni Sport Yellow Adjustable Shocks (@70k)
Eibach Sportline Springs (@70k)
ECS Tuning Spacers
StopTech SportStop Crossdrilled Rotors (@76k)
Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads (@76k)
Subframe inspection by Circle BMW
Inspection II
Oil Pressure Sender Switch
Redline D4ATF in the tranny
Fuel filter and regulator
Meyle HD FCABs (@65k)
Meyle HD Shock Mounts (@70k)
Lower intake boot
Oil changes ever 4-6k with BMW 5w30 ALWAYS
Valve Cover gasket (@60k)
NGK Spark Plugs (@60k)
COMPLETE VANOS REBUILD: (@60k)
--Beisan VANOS seals
--Beisan VANOS rattle kit
Coolant Flush
Brake fluid flush
Alignment & Wheel Balance (@77k)
Alternator and belts (@55k)
Nankang Sport NSII Tires (60% tread left)
Updated DME software to latest issue
Matte Black Kidney Grills, interior LED lights, Clear corners, RCR tails, Smoked side markers, Front License plate delete (no holes)
Style M135 ZHP wheels professionally refinished in Gun-Metal Gray (about 15k since refinish, zero blemishes)
Retrofitted HID's: OEM AL Xenon headlights with ZKW-R lenses, Morimoto 50watt HID kit, 5k bulbs

non- smoker
The car stays garaged while away at college and is not driven often.
I have spent a few hundred on it (tinted the windows and replaced the rear mid ads speakers with BSW units).
The car is mechanically immaculate. I have made sure to keep preventative maintenance up to date and have performed everything needed to keep the car performing better than when I first got it.

I keep the cooling system under close watch. There are zero leaks and the coolant level is constant. I just flushed the system with new BMW coolant recently. All shocks, struts and mounts were replaced at 70k with Koni adjustable units, as well as Eibach Sportline Springs. Rear CABs are still OEM, the fronts have been upgraded to Meyle HD FCABs. There is no cold weather package, so no heated seats.

Considering I just spent around 800 on it, I'm very firm on the price. I forgot to mention that I just had the rear passenger window regulator replaced (in addition to the tint and BSW speakers) The winter set is basically brand new, I'm looking for 500 for the set
Considering its a ZHP and the amount of time and money I have spent on it, it's not worth it to me to sell for that price.

MiniD
03-30-2013, 06:11 AM
Silver/Grey w/ 80,000 miles for $15,000? He must be dreaming.

ELCID86
03-30-2013, 06:13 AM
Silver/Grey w/ 80,000 miles for $15,000? He must be dreaming.

He certainly is proud of it!

danewilson77
03-30-2013, 10:55 AM
He certainly is proud of it!

+1

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA

Avetiso
03-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Mods and maintenance are hard to get returns on.

Maintenance does not increase the value of the car, rather it is a lack of maintenance that depreciates it. That's how I see it, at least.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BCS_ZHP
03-30-2013, 04:11 PM
We're back in ultra prime car selling season, prices on everything have bumped up. Combination of factors - some people have tax refunds, some just paid off Xmas bills, some looking for graduation gifts for their kids/spouses, held off on car buying through the winter months, etc. it's not exclusive to our cars but happens on all cars, April to July/August, for the dealers, it is like shooting fish in a barrel. If you're looking for a ZHP right now, be prepared to pay more or wait until Fall. And if you're selling one right now, you are definitely in the driver's seat.

Nearly 25 years of dealing cars as a hobby has shown me that this is just the way the ball normally bounces.

ELCID86
03-31-2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the input Bruce. I need to find something by the end of May, perhaps beginning of June. That's when my son returns and will be looking for his replacement wheels...
BTW, I didn't see your car when I passed by your office (at about 2 MPH in traffic) on Fri @5pm. Let's get together sometime.

BCS_ZHP
03-31-2013, 09:18 AM
I work for Oshkosh Defense, a good Midwestern company so we had Good Friday off. If I'm not on the road traveling, I'm normally in the office until 7 PM most nights.

illirep
04-01-2013, 06:19 AM
This dealer always has high mileage zhp's for less than desirable prices. They don't seem to negotiate at all, and they do seem to turn their cars over. I think the imola sedan alluded to above from October was a different car.

I can tell you they mark up their cars a sh*& ton. They had a manual 325xit I called on - asking $11,900 - I cross-referenced the car to the manheim auction results and they paid $3,900 for it. When I asked what maintenance / work they had done to it to justify a $8k mark-up, they were at a loss for words. I wouldn't buy anything from them.

Replaced Sunroof Shade
Replaced Shift Knob
Replaced Window Switch
Replaced Radiator Hose
Replaced Expansion Tank
Replaced Throttle Boot
Oil Service

ELCID86
04-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Now a zhp owner. 7761. Thanks all for your help during my search.

Shawn in VA.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

nextelbuddy
06-12-2020, 05:55 AM
She just came back to me ans said there were actually 4 prev. owners. Worries me a bit. Any thoughts?

Carfax is hard to judge for me: http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=HTO_0&vin=WBAEV534X3KM04478#Owner1

i actually just google searched this VIN

WBAEV534X3KM04478

since its my car.

i saw your thread small world.

i bought it in 2016 from Supreme Auto in Miami FLorida. the carfax show 6 owners with me being the 7th lol

seeing your comment intrigued me. who said it had 4 owners? a dealer? did you see this car on the lot near where you live or something?

i know it was a super long time ago sorry lol

ELCID86
06-17-2020, 04:37 PM
i know it was a super long time ago sorry lol

This.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/26tP4gFBQewkLnMv6/giphy.gif