PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Paradise

323TOZHP
04-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Just took the ZHP in to get the rear light recall taken care of. When I got the car back it had a dent in it. Its not a big dent but I did notice it as soon as I got home. The dealer said they would send someone around to fix it but it just breaks my heart. Oddly enough I would not have cared so much if the car had 100,000 miles on it, but the fact that it had made it to 200,000 with no dents really bugs me. I have had the car less than two weeks. Perhaps it is a self fulfilling prophesy as I had strong reservations about taking it to this particular dealer from a somewhat unpleasant experience in dealing with them six months ago when my sister went to buy a new car. My guess is that they did it when they washed the car. I had pictures from just over a week ago when I waxed it and posted the pics on here. Ok whining over.

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd483/theremoteguy/IMG_0202.jpg

onepercent
04-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Wow, that's awful. Strange place for a dent, too. Luckily, dent repair can produce amazingly good results, so I wish you well. Sorry that this happened to you!

323TOZHP
04-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks. I normally wouldn't be so precious about something like this. But this is no ordinary car....

onepercent
04-05-2013, 05:26 PM
What's up with your mirrors? My ZHP coupe mirrors had little ridges on them, ostensibly to break up the aerodynamic profile. Are sedan mirrors different?

EDIT: Let me google that for myself. Coupe mirrors are different from sedan mirrors. Welp, I just learned something.

KevinC
04-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Never fear - they'll put a PDR (paintless dent removal) guy on that, it will come out PERFECT, and you'll never be able to tell anything happened.

That said - who is the miscreant dealership responsible for this travesty?

danewilson77
04-05-2013, 05:35 PM
What's up with your mirrors? My ZHP coupe mirrors had little ridges on them, ostensibly to break up the aerodynamic profile. Are sedan mirrors different?

EDIT: Let me google that for myself. Coupe mirrors are different from sedan mirrors. Welp, I just learned something.

No ridges on the sedan mirrors.

323TOZHP
04-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Never fear - they'll put a PDR (paintless dent removal) guy on that, it will come out PERFECT, and you'll never be able to tell anything happened.

That said - who is the miscreant dealership responsible for this travesty?

I should name and shame but I am not sure that would be a nice thing to do.

danewilson77
04-05-2013, 07:49 PM
I doubt PDR is gonna work on that.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA

BCS_ZHP
04-05-2013, 08:02 PM
PDR should get it taken care of, just had a guy out last weekend and I had a couple worse than that that are totally gone now.

danewilson77
04-05-2013, 08:08 PM
PDR should get it taken care of, just had a guy out last weekend and I had a couple worse than that that are totally gone now.

Where were they?

BCS_ZHP
04-05-2013, 08:15 PM
You name it, IR had 3 in trunk, 4 one qtr, 3 other, 1 or 2 in each door. SG had a wicked one in passenger door, 1 in pass qtr, 2 in drivers qtr. MB had 2 in pass qtr,one was huge and creased, try to find it now. AW is still a virgin, for now. The guy gave me what I felt was a deal, $350 to fix all.

danewilson77
04-05-2013, 08:23 PM
You name it, IR had 3 in trunk, 4 one qtr, 3 other, 1 or 2 in each door. SG had a wicked one in passenger door, 1 in pass qtr, 2 in drivers qtr. MB had 2 in pass qtr,one was huge and creased, try to find it now. AW is still a virgin, for now. The guy gave me what I felt was a deal, $350 to fix all.

Ok. Door is super tough. My guy couldn't take care of mine (bodyshop option fixed it) . Maybe they can get to his.

323TOZHP
04-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Ok. Door is super tough. My guy couldn't take care of mine (bodyshop option fixed it) . Maybe they can get to his.

Aaaaaaaaahhhh. Thats all I needed to hear. Lol

fredo
04-06-2013, 06:45 AM
In for "after" pics. GL !

johnrando
04-07-2013, 06:51 PM
I had a PDR guy get ones out in weird places, now you could never tell. Hope it all works out and keep us posted. Good for the dealer owning up to it, instead of denying it.