PDA

View Full Version : Turner E46 TrackSport PLUS Suspension Kit yes or no?

L0veZHP
04-17-2013, 07:20 PM
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1776-turner-e46-tracksport-plus-suspension-kit-323325328330-no-xi-bonus-bundle.aspx is this a great deal? I feel like it is and I'm planning on ordering it soon!! I just want to know what you guys think about it and if theres anything better and if it would be worth the extra money because I know something better would cost more.

LivesNearCostco
04-17-2013, 08:44 PM
I have not tried it but it looks like an awesome kit. I have the Ground Control street kit which is about $1750. For the extra $400 I got street camber plates, linear springs that can be swapped, and single-adjustable dampers, but no swaybars or end links. But this kit, which is only $1350, includes adjustable swaybars and new end links! You can add Vorshlag camber plates for $500. From what I hear, the progressive springs in this kit will be more comfortable on the street while linear springs will be more predictable on the track.

danewilson77
04-18-2013, 03:22 AM
:like

L0veZHP
04-18-2013, 05:04 AM
I'm thinking about dropping it half an inch in the front and one inch in the back ;) what do you guys think? And Dane what's that white thing behind your grill on your sig? I'm about to go all the way to Virginia to rob you!! Just for whatever that is!!

L0veZHP
04-18-2013, 05:06 AM
And thanks for that info Live!

danewilson77
04-18-2013, 05:14 AM
I'm thinking about dropping it half an inch in the front and one inch in the back ;) what do you guys think? And Dane what's that white thing behind your grill on your sig? I'm about to go all the way to Virginia to rob you!! Just for whatever that is!!

Those are AFE dual air scoops painted silver.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA

L0veZHP
04-18-2013, 06:30 AM
Those are AFE dual air scoops painted silver.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA

I thought that was only for a M3, where did you buy it? Id like to purchase one

HokieZHP
04-18-2013, 06:42 AM
It's this... http://www.modbargains.com/aFe-Dynamic-Air-Scoop-BMW-E46.htm

I just sold the set I had a week or so ago. Great product

nike001
04-18-2013, 08:48 AM
I thought that was only for a M3, where did you buy it? Id like to purchase one

Go on ebay and search aFe Dynamic Air Scoop BMW E46. There's quite a few stores with them for about $100 and cheaper shipping than what ModBargains will have.

EDIT: here's one. $110 and free shipping too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/aFe-DAS-Scoops-Dynamic-Air-Scoop-for-2001-2007-BMW-3-Series-M3-L6-E46-54-10468-/330835440877?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ABMW&hash=item4d075434ed&vxp=mtr

JupiterBMW
04-18-2013, 10:20 AM
It's this... http://www.modbargains.com/aFe-Dynamic-Air-Scoop-BMW-E46.htm

I just sold the set I had a week or so ago. Great product

Yes you did and the buyer is super happy with the product! :biggrin

HokieZHP
04-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Glad to hear it Jon!

derbo
04-18-2013, 09:55 PM
My cousin has the PLUS kit. He says the dampening is a little too stiff for daily driving for his taste. It's actually has a more bouncier ride than my GC setup like John (LiveCostco).

It's a great package. Dampening is not adjustable and that was the only thing my cousin complained about. He said the dampening is too stiff for san francisco streets daily driving. He did like it for Sears Point Raceway though..

LivesNearCostco
04-18-2013, 10:16 PM
Wow interesting. I have heard other forum reports that Bilstein dampers can be less comfortable on bumpy roads than Koni-based systems. The different theories are....
1) High pressure gas monotube dampers are just like that, the gas pressure increases the effective spring rate
2) When you lower the car the Bilsteins hit their internal bump stops too often (Bilstein fans say this was redesigned and fixed years ago)
3) Bilsteins are fine, high-quality dampers but don't come with the best damping out of the box, you need to get them revalved
4) Complainers are wimps and don't appreciate the proper damping of Bilstein monotube

For every forum complainer about Bilstein sport dampers, there are at least 5 big fans of them.

derbo
04-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Surprisingly I've never driven his car with the plus suspension but only rode in it. It's definitely got a little more bounce than my setup. I wouldn't say its uncomfrotable but if I were to sit in the back seat, I wouldnt be happy with the bouncing around.. Also tolerance is a very subjective category. What one person complains about is completely acceptable to another. Perhaps you can find someone close by with the setup and ride in it yourself and decide.

Another question comes to mind as well.

What are your goals with your suspension?

Lowering for looks? doing track events? etc?

It's hard to judge that a suspension setup is right for you unless there is a goal you are trying to achieve.