PDA

View Full Version : Project Forum

mimalmo
02-01-2011, 01:36 PM
A dedicated spot where each person could chronicle mods and maintenance on their cars. Probably best suited to be under the "Ownership" section.

danewilson77
02-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Project Forum = diy :dunno

mimalmo
02-01-2011, 02:27 PM
What if you didn't DIY any of your mods? Most other car forums I'm on have "project" forums so a member has a spot to keep track of their build.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-01-2011, 02:31 PM
What if you didn't DIY any of your mods? Most other car forums I'm on have "project" forums so a member has a spot to keep track of their build.

If I understand this correctly, I'd create the forum. Then members would start their own thread where they chronicle their own progress and projects.

I can do that.

So, first thread would say something like Eli's Project. Is that right?

mimalmo
02-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Dane, also worth mentioning that I'm envisioning the ability to keep track of all my car's mods (and everyone else's) in one thread instead of being spread out over several little project threads. If you've ever seen Stuart's build thread for his ZHP powered Touring on E46 Fanatics, you'll get what I mean. He starts with a stock car and you get to watch it progress over several years.

mimalmo
02-01-2011, 02:35 PM
If I understand this correctly, I'd create the forum. Then members would start their own thread where they chronicle their own progress and projects.

I can do that.

So, first thread would say something like Eli's Project. Is that right?

Yes. Or I could name it something cool like "Attack of the Silver Grey Sedan".

Marcus-SanDiego
02-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Dane, also worth mentioning that I'm envisioning the ability to keep track of all my car's mods (and everyone else's) in one thread instead of being spread out over several little project threads. If you've ever seen Stuart's build thread for his ZHP powered Touring on E46 Fanatics, you'll get what I mean. He starts with a stock car and you get to watch it progress over several years.

I've seen stu's thread.

We would create a forum for all of the various project threads. First up would be attack of the silver gray sedan. :biggrin

mimalmo
02-01-2011, 02:44 PM
lulz. it was a joke originally but now I have to use that as my thread title.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Forum is created. Have fun.

mimalmo
02-01-2011, 03:09 PM

danewilson77
02-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Totally follow you and support it.

I started something like that over in the maintenance forum...for us to keep track of our maintenance.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?352-ZHP-Member-Maintenance-and-Mod-Ledger

It has one post in it...lol....me!

Marcus-SanDiego
02-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Dane, I will yours over to the Projects forum.

az3579
02-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I really like this idea. This way, I could have an easier time remembering what I did and when, along with gets some cool ideas from others. I wouldn't have to waste time searching around through the countless threads.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-01-2011, 07:20 PM
BP, I totally agree. I was thinking of it when Eli was suggesting the forum. That's why I immediately created it. It's a great way of cataloging what we've done to our cars. Also an easy way to see what others have done.

All win.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Update: this turned out to be a great suggestion for a forum. The projects forum is my favorite forum at ZHPMafia.com.

Feel free to make suggestions any time, peeps.

az3579
02-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Update: this turned out to be a great suggestion for a forum. The projects forum is my favorite forum at ZHPMafia.com.

Feel free to make suggestions any time, peeps.

OK, suggestion:
We all retire, right now, with enough money to buy six islands.

danewilson77
02-22-2011, 02:33 PM
OK, suggestion:

+1....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Marcus-SanDiego
02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
OK, suggestion:

Sounds good. I'll make arrangements to buy the islands. :biggrin