PDA

View Full Version : Door latch adjustments?

BavarianZHP
04-21-2013, 11:04 PM
I've noticed that all 4 doors on my ZHP take much more force to close than on other cars. It can get quite annoying, sometimes I find myself having to re-close the door half the time. Is there a way to adjust the doors or latches so they close more easily with barely a push? As of the moment, I almost have to slam them to close... (especially when there's little room for the door to swing). I hope there's an easy fix!

danewilson77
04-22-2013, 03:06 AM
I don't think so. These doors demand to be pushed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

BimmerWill
04-22-2013, 04:00 AM
A lot of the difficulty with closing them is a result of the multiple rubber trims that keep out noise and the weather etc. My rear passenger door hasn't had nearly as much use over the years as the other three so it still has quite a bit of spring left in the rubber, I often have to reshut it since it doesn't close properly the first time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Jlastor
04-22-2013, 04:50 AM
My front passenger door is harder to open than the other three. People always tell me to open the lock and I have to tell them to pull harder. No problem when closing though.

05ZHPCPE
04-22-2013, 05:08 AM
Open your door that is difficult to open/close. On the side of the door where the latch assembly is, there is a small black cap/cover that you need to pull out. There are threads and a DIY on it, but then just get a torx bit and adjust it - tighten or loosen.

johnrando
04-22-2013, 06:35 AM
What he said. Plus, on mine, I noticed for some strange reason, the rubber piece was loose and that was preventing an easier close, as when compared to the other side. I'm going to order a new one as my home remedies aren't up to my satisfaction.

BavarianZHP
04-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Open your door that is difficult to open/close. On the side of the door where the latch assembly is, there is a small black cap/cover that you need to pull out. There are threads and a DIY on it, but then just get a torx bit and adjust it - tighten or loosen.

Is that the cap for the door handle? I recall gaining access to that to remove the key cylinder in the door handle....

johnrando
04-22-2013, 01:46 PM
It's actually on the door jamb, on the car. For example, if you open the drivers door, look to your right, on the B frame, on the car.

BavarianZHP
04-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Awesome. Thanks, I'll fiddle around with it tonight.