PDA

View Full Version : Recc's for Dome/map LED and Clear bumper reflectors.(searched)

Washburn
04-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Ok - this is an occasion where i got overwhelmed by searching too much, so I am posting this in the hope of getting some 'filtered' / tried and tested answers. :)

I need the following:

1. One DOME LED bulb (single LED vedge type or multi array) to replace the OEM halogen bulb. (don't need map lights for now...or should I do those too?)
-where can I get correct error-free LEDs for those individually (I don't need/want a whole interior LED kit)
-However, if there's a kit that has just those 3 bulbs (1 dome and 2 map) that might be cool too.

2. A pair of CLEAR (not painted) front bumper reflectors for the coupe. (good fitment and quality is vital)

They don't need to be THE highest quality, but need to be well reputed and just work without errors.

Please provide links and feedback (if you own them and time permits).

Thanks MUCH in advance.

PS: If anyone has any of these items used, please mention.

Washburn
04-23-2013, 08:34 AM
Ahem ;)

Newjack
04-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Khoalty (http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-led-interior-lights-kit.html)

and

Khoalty (http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-clear-front-bumper-reflector.html)

With their interior led kit I have the 12 panel led light and it is crazy bright. I will probably switch it out for a single led light because it is so bright. Overall I love their products and the prices are great.

Read my review here. (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?6851-Khoalty-Interior-LED-Kit)

Washburn
04-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks a lot; that helps.

why does the link for the reflectors say "pre face lift coupes only"?? is that an error?

- the problem is I don't want the whole kit, just the dome and perhaps map lights..
I wonder if they sell them separate...

Newjack
04-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks a lot; that helps.

why does the link for the reflectors say "pre face lift coupes only"?? is that an error?

- the problem is I don't want the whole kit, just the dome and perhaps map lights..
I wonder if they sell them separate...

They do. Just look at leds.

Washburn
04-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks - looks like they only have the panel type separate...and you thought it was too bright, eh? I don't want it to look gaudy and flashy...
I wonder if a single plug and play LED dome and 2 LED maps would be better....

I emailed them about buying a single LED and 2 Map LEDs - will update if/when they reply.

MrMaico
04-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Here are the ones I bought for my bumper. At least I am pretty sure anyway. I could look for the receipt when I get home later to make sure. I'm not sure if those pre-face ones will fit or not, they do look like the right shape.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-M3-S54_3.2L/Search/Bumper_Reflector/ES11209/

Quality seemed to be fine. You have to push down first to compress a spring before trying to pry the old ones out of the bumper. You'll be able to see what I mean once you can take a look at the new ones.

Barry

Washburn
04-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks - seems like a great price, too.

MrMaico
04-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks - seems like a great price, too.

You're welcome. I just checked my order history and that is the correct part number. It looks like they were on sale for $2.95 when I bought mine. They are the same ones I have installed now........painted Imola Red. I would have just painted my old amber ones but I cracked one while removing.

danewilson77
04-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Washy, if you show me a pic of the bulb you need, I have a bunch of extra's from Khoalty I would be willing to give you.

Newjack
04-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks - looks like they only have the panel type separate...and you thought it was too bright, eh? I don't want it to look gaudy and flashy...
I wonder if a single plug and play LED dome and 2 LED maps would be better....

I emailed them about buying a single LED and 2 Map LEDs - will update if/when they reply.

They sell single leds that fit right into the map lights and dome light. They are the exact same ones that fit your side markers

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hermes
04-23-2013, 04:34 PM
A pair of CLEAR (not painted) front bumper reflectors for the coupe. (good fitment and quality is vital)[/B]

I used to have the JLevi ones, fitment was fine but the squares within the reflectors were too large vs the stock reflectors

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jhermes/zhp%20projects/IMG_1164.jpg

Washburn
04-23-2013, 08:09 PM
They sell single leds that fit right into the map lights and dome light. They are the exact same ones that fit your side markers

Oh ok - thanks - that makes sense.

Washburn
04-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Washy, if you show me a pic of the bulb you need, I have a bunch of extra's from Khoalty I would be willing to give you.
Very kind - I PM'd you a link and a pic.

Washburn
04-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I just checked my order history and that is the correct part number.
Thanks again, for the confirmation - I will go with those, even the current price is pretty good!

Washburn
05-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Got these from ECS today: :)