PDA

View Full Version : Boars hair brushes at the carwash, are they safe?

Whitexi
04-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Hello everyone

As the title says are they OK to use? I was washing my car today at the car wash using my bucket and wash mitt and I was informed that they don't allow bucket washing. The guy then said they put in new boars head brushes and that they are safe. Now I generally do have access to a hose behind my apartment but today I wasn't able to get to it. The brushes at the car wash do seem soft bristled, and when in use there is always a steady stream of soap that agitates from the brush out so I guess it kinda keeps the brush clean when in use.

So what do you all think?

ryankokesh
04-26-2013, 02:17 PM
I use it when I'm forced to in the winter. Makes me cringe, but I figure it's better than salt.

Then again I polish my car at least a little almost every year. :/

kayger12
04-26-2013, 02:20 PM
Personally, I wouldn't.

Lord only knows what kind of crap got picked up and is intertwined with the hair of the brush. I've seen those things dropped on the ground, used to clean off vehicles that went mud bogging in the woods, you name it.

Whitexi
04-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Yea Ryan I hear you on that, I hate the salt from winter.

Keith I have seen what you speak of, I figured I would rinse the brush really well if I had to use it first.

Ugh I just think its crap to begin with its not like I was holding up a line, I only go when it's empty.

ryankokesh
04-26-2013, 02:41 PM
That blows...

WOLFN8TR
04-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Personally, I wouldn't.

Lord only knows what kind of crap got picked up and is intertwined with the hair of the brush. I've seen those things dropped on the ground, used to clean off vehicles that went mud bogging in the woods, you name it.

I personally found out a few years ago this statement is true the hard way. Scratched my truck really bad, lesson learned the expensive way.

nike001
04-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Who told you it's not allowed? I'd personally just say OK, but continue doing what I'm doing anyways. You're paying to be there so who cares.

Also, take those peoples information with a grain of salt. More times than not.. they have no idea what they're talking about. Your paint is black too, so you have to be extra super careful!

Whitexi
04-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Who told you it's not allowed? I'd personally just say OK, but continue doing what I'm doing anyways. You're paying to be there so who cares.

Also, take those peoples information with a grain of salt. More times than not.. they have no idea what they're talking about. Your paint is black too, so you have to be extra super careful!

The guy that runs the car wash said it, I may just go to another one it's just that this one is the closest.

Johal E32
04-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Black paint is a PITA. I wouldn't risk it. The good ol' two bucket method, plus your own mitt is the way to go.

BimmerWill
04-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Wouldn't risk it, especially on darker colors it will be really visible...find a different car wash that's not a PITA...guess he doesn't want your money :dunno

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2