PDA

View Full Version : I lied to get onto ZHP Mafia

MooseX
05-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Yep..I got past the mandatory underwear check with DANE..faked it by photoshopping 'digital underarmour' drawers.

I kid..

Anyway here to get serious. I've been scouring the net for my dream E46>

Coupe
ZHP
White
Natural'
Manual
Low miles (under 100k)
Nav

Good luck to me:scratchinghead..Plenty of ZHPs to be had.

Lots of silver ones. Not my color. I don't want black. I have a black xi already. I dont' want 2 black cars to clean.

Imola is my second choice. Some of those around. One in Sac but' it's salvaged. Dude wants 9500. Looks clean but I'm not biting

Amazingly I'm finding alot of SALVAGE TITLES. Tons in Cali' (I'm from Cali near Tahoe)..Don't think I want to go down that road. Salvage Title cars are infamous for tough resale..nobody wants to mess with that 'stigma' of a 'wrecked vehicle' pink

danewilson77
05-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Welcome Moose. Patience is key.

Nice Skimmy's by the way :)

MooseX
05-04-2013, 11:25 AM
thanks glad to be here.

My main problem is I'm waay the f' up in the Sierras. ALL the good cars for sale are down in the city. I missed a super clean low mile imola/manual last week because I couldn't get there in time. I don't have PAYPAL either so leaving an 'e' deposit is not an option. The other problem is all I'm seeing is AUTO boxes on the nicer ones.

danewilson77
05-04-2013, 11:26 AM
thanks glad to be here.

My main problem is I'm waay the f' up in the Sierras. ALL the good cars for sale are down in the city. I missed a super clean low mile imola/manual last week because I couldn't get there in time. I don't have PAYPAL either so leaving an 'e' deposit is not an option. The other problem is all I'm seeing is AUTO boxes on the nicer ones.

Get Paypal :dunno

MooseX
05-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I had it but someone hacked my account...

I tried to change my bank info and somehow PAYPAL red flagged the whole show.

I've been trying for over a year to get in reinstated...whew..I need it.

danewilson77
05-04-2013, 11:30 AM
What the heck? Never heard of that. That stinks.

I would think there would have to be another way of rapidly providing a deposit though. What did people do before the interwebz?!!!!

Tnhl1989
05-04-2013, 11:39 AM
New email account and new account

MooseX
05-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Dane back in the day I'd just have the $$ on hand..ready to go. I worked for a local paper on the SF Peninsula.. and I'd get the want ads before ANYBODY

Right now the best/smart thing for me to do would be go hang out in SF... with a wad of cash$. Almost every day I'm seeing new ads pop up...it's awesome. It's easy to be patient when you see that

Johnmadd
05-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Welcome

brettbimmer
05-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the Mafia. How about a wire transfer for quick deposit, if necessary? G/L with your search!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Oli77
05-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Howdy, I thought I was going to read a confession about a ZSP owner trying to photoshop a not-so-special bumper.

static667
05-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the Mafia, Moose.

Sent from my yet to be hacked GS3.

MooseX
05-04-2013, 05:39 PM
I found one earlier this week..

Black/Black/sedan/6 speed/leather '04.
108k.

Kid was 19!.. and says he only had the car 2 months. It looked completely neglected for those 2 months. Body needed buffing, 135's were nasty grimy, the inside was a friggen doghouse, the motor bay was just plain filthy and the floor mats looked like dog beds.

mismatched brands of tires F/R.

Clutch seemed a bit high

Price $10,200

Located less than 45 minutes from me I went for a quick look see.

Drove it about 15 miles. Some back roads..and some freeway on i 80. Def' mechanically tight. 6 speed was slick..no issues. Brakes solid. Suspension was really tight. All in all a solid driving car. If you looked at the car you'd never guess it drove so nice. Maybe a good detail and it's not so bad.

However some of the body panels were 'loose'. Like the front bumper cover was loose on one edge, some of the lower side moldings were 'hanging'..In total 4 seperate spots on the body needed slight adjustments to tighten up the panels. Not sure if that's broken clips.. My Xi has the same problem on one side of the front bumper.

He called me a couple days later asking if I was still interested. I asked if he had any other people come see it. Yes..he said but no offers. Maybe I'll wait him out for 8k or something. He really seemed desperate. I called him again yesterday and still it wasn't sold...I could end up with a steal

If I bought it I'd then have 2 black E46's..Oh boy..and I live in one dusty ass town next to i80

Marcus-SanDiego
05-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Welcome.

UdubBadger
05-04-2013, 07:57 PM
best 1st post ever

Don Adolfo
05-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Benvenuto a la famiglia.

kayger12
05-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the family.

Lost_One
05-05-2013, 12:49 PM
welcome aboard and gl with the search! It's always worth waiting to find the right car. :)

BavarianZHP
05-05-2013, 02:00 PM
It's always worth waiting to find the right car. :)

Agreed. Patience is always rewarded when it comes to car purchases. I've never regretted waiting.

johnrando
05-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Welcome. GL finding your new ride.

fredo
05-06-2013, 05:37 AM
Welcome to the Family, MooseX ! That was an interesting thread name. GL on the Black/Black/sedan/6 speed/leather '04. Keep us posted.

echo46
05-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Be patient Moose, the one you want is out there, however, you may have to travel a bit to get "the" one. Ask how I know...

MooseX
05-06-2013, 06:55 AM
the black/black one is still for sale. Not a great sign.

I remember during the test drive the kid insisted he didn't drive it hard. Maybe he said it 3 times at least.

I'm finding nice ones...but alot of them have fgn' AUTOS..I dont really want an 'Ottobox'. I was considering it then Dane slapped me silly in an email.. and I woke back up to reality.

My Xi has the 5 spd. Step' and it's miserable. For a year I've dragged that awd slug over Donner Summit to work. I'm always on the throttle and it just sucks the fuel

I'm also waiting for some funds. Got a 356 that's on the brink of being sold...to some guy in Holland of all places. Once that happens I'll be free to roam the country for my ZHP.